Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proof of relationship  (Read 1312 times)

• Liked: 52
Proof of relationship
« on: June 20, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »
So should I compile a selection of messages but black out the actual messages? Or are phone calls enough? Having a hard time understanding what this should look like. Also having a time of it trying to scroll back far enough to see phone calls from three years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: Proof of relationship
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »
So should I compile a selection of messages but black out the actual messages? Or are phone calls enough? Having a hard time understanding what this should look like. Also having a time of it trying to scroll back far enough to see phone calls from three years ago

Think of it as a really old phone bill.

They want to see who from/to, when, and (preferably) duration.  They just want to see that you guys regularly keep in touch and that it's not just a sham marriage to get a visa.  :)

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »
Think of it as a really old phone bill.

They want to see who from/to, when, and (preferably) duration.  They just want to see that you guys regularly keep in touch and that it's not just a sham marriage to get a visa.  :)
Okay so the phone logs/proof that we speak every so often is enough?

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 04:29:31 PM »
I only used hangouts calls as that covered most of the relationship :) My husband specified in his sponsor letter that we stay in touch via hangouts chat and video calls. Prior to the hangouts history we'd used Facebook and Skype but neither had the history that far back so he also mentioned not having the history prior to 2013. I included flight e-tickets corresponding to our visits as well since we didn't save boarding passes.

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 04:30:45 PM »
I only used hangouts calls as that covered most of the relationship :) My husband specified in his sponsor letter that we stay in touch via hangouts chat and video calls. Prior to the hangouts history we'd used Facebook and Skype but neither had the history that far back so he also mentioned not having the history prior to 2013. I included flight e-tickets corresponding to our visits as well since we didn't save boarding passes.
Okay thank you! I will just explain what we can’t provide in the additional information.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 04:34:30 PM »
Okay thank you! I will just explain what we can’t provide in the additional information.

You're basically proving you have a genuine relationship. So as long as you show the ongoing regular contact (including after the wedding) you'll check that box. The tickets help prove the relationship too. :) it wasn't required but I also included a couple greeting cards for holidays, just in case. I didn't go overboard but wanted to make sure they knew it was real even though we had to spend a while apart (I had a lot of stuff to take care of in the states).

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »
You're basically proving you have a genuine relationship. So as long as you show the ongoing regular contact (including after the wedding) you'll check that box. The tickets help prove the relationship too. :) it wasn't required but I also included a couple greeting cards for holidays, just in case. I didn't go overboard but wanted to make sure they knew it was real even though we had to spend a while apart (I had a lot of stuff to take care of in the states).
Even if I have been with him since the wedding except for when I have to go back to the states to apply for the visa? Do I need to show calls from that time period? We got married in February and I have been visiting on my passport since until this week.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 05:44:27 PM »
Even if I have been with him since the wedding except for when I have to go back to the states to apply for the visa? Do I need to show calls from that time period? We got married in February and I have been visiting on my passport since until this week.

No, you only include communication from the time that you have been apart (because if you've been together all this time, you've been able to talk in person, therefore you don't need to communicate by phone/email/text)... so, depending on when you submit your application, you'll want to include communication between the time you leave the UK this week up until you apply for the visa.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 05:45:03 PM »
No, you only include communication from the time that you have been apart... so, depending on when you submit your application, you'll want to include communication between the time you leave the UK this week up until you apply for the visa.
Okay perfect

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 09:06:55 PM »
Do I need to have my sponsor/husband give me passport photos of himself as well as get mine done? I saw someone’s list of things and they submitted passport photos for both.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »
Do I need to have my sponsor/husband give me passport photos of himself as well as get mine done? I saw someone’s list of things and they submitted passport photos for both.

No, not for the initial spousal visa. If you're applying from outside the UK, you need:
- 1 passport photo of the applicant (though even this may not be needed as they now use the biometrics photo for the visa and often send back the passport photo with the documents)

Be careful when looking at other people's document lists though, as they may be applying for FLR(M) extension visas or ILR from inside the UK, which have different passport photo requirements.

For FLR(M) and ILR applications made inside the UK, you need:
- 2 passport photos of the applicant with their full name on the back
- 1 passport photo of the sponsor with their full name on the back
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:19:21 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 09:19:15 PM »
No, not for the initial spousal visa. If you're applying from outside the UK, you need:
- 1 passport photo from the applicant

Be careful when looking at other people's document lists though, as they may be applying for FLR(M) extension visas or ILR from inside the UK, which have different passport photo requirements.

For FLR(M) and ILR applications made inside the UK, you need:
- 2 passport photos of the applicant with their full name on the back
- 1 passport photo of the sponsor with their full name on the back
Okay thank you.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 11:50:52 AM »
Shall I submit actual photos or put them onto a word document and print it out with dates written next to them? Sorry for the silly questions. I want to make sure everything is perfect

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
Shall I submit actual photos or put them onto a word document and print it out with dates written next to them? Sorry for the silly questions. I want to make sure everything is perfect

You want actual photos, printed on proper photo paper.

You shouldn't include more than 2 photos and they do not need dates or annotations on them. We normally recommend printing one from your wedding and one from early in your relationship. The photos should only have you and your husband in them, no one else.

The only reason you are including photos at all is to show you have met at least once in person (as that is one of the requirements for the visa). Sheffield just need to tick a box to say you have sent at least 1 photograph of you together.

• Liked: 65
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 03:10:44 PM »
You want actual photos, printed on proper photo paper.

You shouldn't include more than 2 photos and they do not need dates or annotations on them. We normally recommend printing one from your wedding and one from early in your relationship. The photos should only have you and your husband in them, no one else.

The only reason you are including photos at all is to show you have met at least once in person (as that is one of the requirements for the visa). Sheffield just need to tick a box to say you have sent at least 1 photograph of you together.
For those of us who have been married for a while (18 years) should it be a wedding pic and a more recent one?

Spouse Visa issued 31 December 2018
Moved to UK 19 January 2019
FLR app submitted 1 October 2021
Biometrics 9 October 2021
FLR approval 31 October 2021
ILR approval 10 March 2024

Sponsored Links