Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proof of relationship  (Read 1311 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Proof of relationship
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 03:24:40 PM »
For those of us who have been married for a while (18 years) should it be a wedding pic and a more recent one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that works :).

As you only really need to send one photo anyway, the other one is just to show progression in the relationship... so you can go with one early one and one recent one.

A lot of people on the forum are recently married, so I usually suggest sending one from the recent wedding and one from near the beginning of the relationship, but if you've been married for a long time, then you can do it the other way around :).

• Liked: 52
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 08:09:41 PM »
Do I need to submit letters we sent each other? My husband says that feels like an invasion of privacy... I have the envelopes that are stamped with the dates they were sent...is that something we could send instead of the actual letters?

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 08:26:32 PM »
Do I need to submit letters we sent each other? My husband says that feels like an invasion of privacy... I have the envelopes that are stamped with the dates they were sent...is that something we could send instead of the actual letters?

Yes, you need the actual letters.

You should not include the envelopes (after all, if you only include the envelopes, how would they know what you sent, and that it showed a genuine relationship?)

This is what the supporting documents guidance says:

Evidence of your relationship to your sponsor and any contact between you
This could be a letter from your sponsor confirming your relationship and that they are supporting your application along with copies of:
 birth certificate or adoption certificate
 marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
 death or divorce certificate
 photographs of your wedding, civil partnership ceremony or other time spent together
 phone records
 emails, letters or cards
* You should not submit DVDs or video cassettes*

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 08:29:53 PM »

The whole process is very invasive, it's best just to give in to it, you can't fight it!  :)

• Liked: 52
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2018, 03:13:03 AM »
Yes, you need the actual letters.

You should not include the envelopes (after all, if you only include the envelopes, how would they know what you sent, and that it showed a genuine relationship?)

This is what the supporting documents guidance says:
Shall I submit the envelopes with the letters to prove they were actually sent? Or just have the letters unfolded and in a stack in the application

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 04:50:57 AM »
Just the letters, no envelopes.

Sponsored Links