Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Accommodation document question  (Read 245 times)

• Liked: 85
Accommodation document question
« on: June 21, 2018, 02:29:24 AM »
Hi all! I am applying for a spouse visa at the moment, and I have a question about accommodation documents. We will be living in a flat which my husband's father owns. He has been previously renting the flat through an estate agent, but the current tenant is leaving in a few days and it will be ready for us to move in. The problem is, I'm not sure if the documents we have are enough to demonstrate ownership. I have a letter from his father explicitly stating we can live there, two letters from the estate agent who manages it referring to his father as the landlord, and a property register document. Is this sufficient? Also, if anyone has any other advice on the visa, please let me know! I'm very anxious about it all  :-\\\\
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

• Liked: 3595
Accommodation document question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:16:21 AM »
Will you be officially renting the property through the estate agent (i.e. with an official tenancy agreement drawn up)?

If not, and you will just live in the property without going through the estate agent, then you just need:
- Land Registry document
- letter from homeowner (sponsor’s father) giving you both permission to live there and stating that the flat will not be overcrowded

If you will be renting through the estate agent with a tenancy agreement, you will need:
- original, signed tenancy agreement in your UK sponsor’s name
- a letter from the landlord (sponsor’s father) giving you, the applicant, permission to live there after the visa has been granted

Either way though, you DO need a letter from your sponsor’s father and you do NOT need a letter from the estate agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:18:46 AM by ksand24 »

Re: Accommodation document question
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:34:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply! We are renting directly from his father, so it sounds like we have the right documentation  :)
FLR(M) Timeline:

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:36:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply! We are renting directly from his father, so it sounds like we have the right documentation  :)

Great :).

If you’re going directly through his father, I would have his letter state:
- that you both have his permission to live there
- total number of rooms and total number of people who will be living there (to confirm no overcrowding)
- whether you will be paying rent/bills to him and if so, how much you will pay

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 04:03:59 AM »
I didn’t even think of including that, but I definitely will! Thank you.

Also, on an unrelated note, will it be a problem if some of his deposit dates with his pay slips and bank statements don’t add up? The amounts all match up, but some of the dates of payment are a few days off. I.e. his payslip might say 5 March but the money is in his account 3 March. We mentioned it in a letter, saying if they have questions to please contact his employer.
FLR(M) Timeline:

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 04:13:38 AM »
I didn’t even think of including that, but I definitely will! Thank you.

It’s a requirement to include the first two things (permission and overcrowding)... the third (regarding paying rent/bills) will depend on your personal circumstances.

Also, on an unrelated note, will it be a problem if some of his deposit dates with his pay slips and bank statements don’t add up? The amounts all match up, but some of the dates of payment are a few days off. I.e. his payslip might say 5 March but the money is in his account 3 March. We mentioned it in a letter, saying if they have questions to please contact his employer.

As long as it is explained in writing, it should be fine. Someone was recently refused their visa because their payslips and bank statement deposits didn’t match and the reason for this was not addressed in the application.

In fact, it’s probably best if his employer letter explains the reason for the discrepancy in payslip date vs. the date the money is paid into his account.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 02:12:11 PM »
It’s a requirement to include the first two things (permission and overcrowding)... the third (regarding paying rent/bills) will depend on your personal circumstances.

As long as it is explained in writing, it should be fine. Someone was recently refused their visa because their payslips and bank statement deposits didn’t match and the reason for this was not addressed in the application.

In fact, it’s probably best if his employer letter explains the reason for the discrepancy in payslip date vs. the date the money is paid into his account.

Was the sole reason for the refusal the payslip discrepancy? That's awful and slightly nerve wracking. I would think that UKVI would ask for more information in a case like that
FLR(M) Timeline:

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 02:31:41 PM »
Was the sole reason for the refusal the payslip discrepancy? That's awful and slightly nerve wracking. I would think that UKVI would ask for more information in a case like that

It wasn't the sole reason, as the main reason was the missing employer letter (and we have also since discovered that the applicant's lawyer made MANY mistakes in the application, so it should have been refused on other counts as well), but it was listed in the refusal letter that there were discrepancies in the payslip vs. deposit amount and it explicitly stated that because there was no explanation for the discrepancies, the required bank statements were determined to have been 'Not Provided'.

The frustrating thing there was that they DID provide their lawyer with an explanation of the discrepancies from the employer, but the lawyer neglected to include it in their application!

You can read about their case here:
https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=93845.0

Sponsored Links