Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello!  (Read 1737 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Hello!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 10:57:58 AM »
Got you thank you  :)

The ball is definitely rolling now with questions haha! Shall I open a new topic under Visa and Immigration? I still have some questions around the fiancee visa too :D

Yeah, go ahead and start a thread there.  Try to keep to the one thread so we have all your past information at hand.

FYI, even though my now-husband and I were both living and working in the UK, we chose to get married in the USA.  It's a ballache to marry here.  We flew to NYC, applied for the marriage license on Wednesday and married on Friday.  Left with the certificate in hand.  We could have done it all on the same day, if we filled out an additional paper.

• Liked: 49
Re: Hello!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:08 PM »
Welcome!

We will do our best to talk you out of the fiancé visa...  just a heads up.  ;D

I got married here on a Fiance visa... it is not worth the hassle.  ::)

Unless you have a real need to do it in the UK, it's so much easier and takes less time to get married in the US. (And you'll save at least £2000 by getting married in the US). One less visa. You could always have a ceremony here without the actual marriage. :)

All of your convincing worked! Thank you :)

I have opened a separate thread under Visas and Immigration and if you guys have any information or help going forward, it would very helpful :)
Visa Type: Spouse Visa
Priority Service: Yes
Online app submitted: 8th Nov 2018
Biometrics & docs sent: 13th Nov 2018
Application delivered in NY: 14th Nov 2018
Application received email from Sheffield: 18th Nov 2018
Request for "documents": 13th Dec 2018
Decision made email: 18th Dec 2018
Passport received: 22nd Dec 2018 (APPROVED!)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab