Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Home Office Reference Number  (Read 21947 times)

• Liked: 1
Home Office Reference Number
« on: June 26, 2018, 10:26:04 AM »
Hi all,

More questions about my unmarried partner visa:

In the application form, they ask if my partner and I have home office reference number. I wonder if we have one? I have a 7-digit UK visa reference number when I first applied for Tier-2 general from overseas and my partner should have some kind of reference number when he got his UK dual citizenship 4 years ago, but all his docs are left at home in the US so it's hard to check right now.

I looked up on the forum and some says "this number is given only for those who already had any other applications made with the home office" - if that's true, neither of us actually has one. Is that right?

Thank you in advance.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Home Office Reference Number
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 10:27:18 AM »
Hi all,

More questions about my unmarried partner visa:

In the application form, they ask if my partner and I have home office reference number. I wonder if we have one? I have a 7-digit UK visa reference number when I first applied for Tier-2 general from overseas and my partner should have some kind of reference number when he got his UK dual citizenship 4 years ago, but all his docs are left at home in the US so it's hard to check right now.

I looked up on the forum and some says "this number is given only for those who already had any other applications made with the home office" - if that's true, neither of us actually has one. Is that right?

Thank you in advance.

It's fine just to leave that blank.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 11:16:55 AM »
It's fine just to leave that blank.

Even if I do have the number with HO somewhere?

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »
Even if I do have the number with HO somewhere?

Yes, I left that blank on my husband's applications all the way through.  :)

It's pretty much redundant with all the other identifying information you're already providing.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 11:22:06 AM »
Yes, I left that blank on my husband's applications all the way through.  :)

It's pretty much redundant with all the other identifying information you're already providing.

gotcha!  :D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 11:38:57 AM »
I found it on a letter from the home office accepting the previous visa.
It was called "Our Ref" and started with 2 letters then 10 numbers. I phoned the advice line and they said that is the correct number, but I am still leaving it blank in case and including the acceptance letter with a cover note. They said this was a good idea too.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 11:40:22 AM »
Sorry, misread your post a bit. Sounds like you don't have one.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 11:46:10 AM »
I found it on a letter from the home office accepting the previous visa.
It was called "Our Ref" and started with 2 letters then 10 numbers. I phoned the advice line and they said that is the correct number, but I am still leaving it blank in case and including the acceptance letter with a cover note. They said this was a good idea too.

The thing is, each time you apply, you're given a different number and the first time you don't have one anyway so I decided it was better just to leave blank each time.  :)

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 11:54:13 AM »
The thing is, each time you apply, you're given a different number and the first time you don't have one anyway so I decided it was better just to leave blank each time.  :)

That makes sense!
Just to clarify: by saying "leaving it blank" did you mean answering "no" to the question "do you have a home office reference number"?

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »

I will definitely do that then! Thanks :)

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »
That makes sense!
Just to clarify: by saying "leaving it blank" did you mean answering "no" to the question "do you have a home office reference number"?

You're not doing the online application are you? It's different and makes less sense than the paper form. We always recommend applying on paper.

The paper form just asked for "home office reference if you have one" I literally left it blank.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 12:00:31 PM »
You're not doing the online application are you? It's different and makes less sense than the paper form. We always recommend applying on paper.

The paper form just asked for "home office reference if you have one" I literally left it blank.

I am doing the online application.  Sounds like you suggest against using it? Why?

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 12:03:35 PM »
I am doing the online application.  Sounds like you suggest against using it? Why?

We can't see it so are not as able to help you. The questions are different and seem to be more tricky. It can be glitchy. We had someone get into a huge amount of trouble because the home office received the online application but then either didn't receive or didn't match up her evidence later when she sent it.
You still have to print and send anyway.
Or if attending in person it becomes very complicated with the timing of the application date vs the appointment date.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 12:05:50 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 01:02:17 PM »
We can't see it so are not as able to help you. The questions are different and seem to be more tricky. It can be glitchy. We had someone get into a huge amount of trouble because the home office received the online application but then either didn't receive or didn't match up her evidence later when she sent it.
You still have to print and send anyway.
Or if attending in person it becomes very complicated with the timing of the application date vs the appointment date.

The question reads:
"
If a previous application has been made to remain in the UK, a reference number can be found on letters from the Home Office, called 'Our Ref' or 'Case ID'. If not known, please select 'No'.
"

• Liked: 287
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 09:28:47 PM »
The question reads:
"
If a previous application has been made to remain in the UK, a reference number can be found on letters from the Home Office, called 'Our Ref' or 'Case ID'. If not known, please select 'No'.
"
I've selected "No" too. I can't seem to find a home office reference number. I'll soon have one though as it's not long before we apply for our first visa extension. The wife will have been in the UK for 2.5 years come to the end of the year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Application Type : FLR(M)
Application Submitted online on: 19/08/2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online
Biometrics Enrolled: 10/09/20 using IDV App
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): no
Decision Email: 18/12/2020
Decision Letter Received on: 18/12/2020
BRP Card Received on: 22/12/2020
Decision: APPROVED

Sponsored Links