Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance or Spouse Visa - Our journey to marriage  (Read 8579 times)

• Liked: 49
Re: Fiance or Spouse Visa - Our journey to marriage
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2019, 03:52:26 PM »
Actually, I'm not sure. I assume it would be okay, because it would be dated after your wedding, and you would have proof that you are married to her. Ideally, it would have an initial or a first name, but if not, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Actually just checked there and dont think its possible with Sky. But she has a mobile provider based in the UK. So we will just get a bill sent to the house, which has been setup in our temporary address.

The examples that were given on the old paper form were:

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

Lovely thank you. And just another quick one, would it be advisable to get a letter as soon as possible after she arrives? Even a week or so? Or what would be the latest to get a formal letter to start the 'proof of relationship'? (arrives. 17th January)

Yeah, that could be complicated, because the freelance income will restrict how you can use the part-time income.

Eeesh. Thank you for all that. Good to consider our options going forward.
So, as example, if I wanted to do self-employment temporarily from say April 2019, but would have return to full time employment by August 2020 for the 12 month payslips and to make FLR(M) a whole lot easier? I know thats a bit of a hash of an employment status :)
Visa Type: Spouse Visa
Priority Service: Yes
Online app submitted: 8th Nov 2018
Biometrics & docs sent: 13th Nov 2018
Application delivered in NY: 14th Nov 2018
Application received email from Sheffield: 18th Nov 2018
Request for "documents": 13th Dec 2018
Decision made email: 18th Dec 2018
Passport received: 22nd Dec 2018 (APPROVED!)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Fiance or Spouse Visa - Our journey to marriage
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2019, 04:00:40 PM »
Actually just checked there and dont think its possible with Sky. But she has a mobile provider based in the UK. So we will just get a bill sent to the house, which has been setup in our temporary address.

Yeah, that would be fine - as long as she receives some mail in her name, that's fine.

Lovely thank you. And just another quick one, would it be advisable to get a letter as soon as possible after she arrives? Even a week or so? Or what would be the latest to get a formal letter to start the 'proof of relationship'? (arrives. 17th January)

Well, currently for FLR(M), you only need to show correspondence for the last 2 years before applying (not 2.5 years), so if you'll be applying for FLR(M) around June 2021, then you will only need to show correspondence dated between June 2019 and June 2021... so that gives you a few months of leeway to get mail in her name sorted out.

It is easier to get it sorted out as soon as you can, but it isn't vital.

For example, you might include mail from the following months:
June 2019
Oct 2019
Feb 2020
June 2020
Oct 2020
Feb 2021
(Optional extra: June 2021)

Eeesh. Thank you for all that. Good to consider our options going forward.
So, as example, if I wanted to do self-employment temporarily from say April 2019, but would have return to full time employment by August 2020 for the 12 month payslips and to make FLR(M) a whole lot easier? I know thats a bit of a hash of an employment status :)

Not necessarily as early as August 2020... if you have been with your employer for at least 6 months before applying for FLR(M), and you have been earning at least £18,600 for all of that time (Category A), you only need to show the most recent 6 months of income, not 12 months. You would only need 12 months of payslips if you were applying under Category B, where you either hadn't been in your job for 6 months yet, or hadn't been earning £18,600 for 6 months yet.

So, if you were able to qualify under Category A, you would just need to start the job by Dec 2020 or Jan 2021 (depending on when you will be applying for FLR(M)).

Sponsored Links