Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: about Diabetes and the NHS  (Read 2049 times)

• Liked: 672
about Diabetes and the NHS
« on: June 26, 2018, 11:51:34 AM »
So, if someone new to a practice tells the GP that they have diabetes, shouldn't there have been, within a year, at least some sort of followup by the GP on that? Invitation for routine screenings, etc?  Or do you have to sort of do-it-yourself?

• Liked: 957
Re: about Diabetes and the NHS
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 12:04:59 PM »
I would schedule an appointment for follow up. I wouldn't bank on the GP having input referrals correctly, it seems things get missed fairly regularly (see jfkimberly's referral saga). You definitely don't want to miss that type of care and it sounds like you know what you need.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 01:36:01 PM »
Yeah. Well, there are a few other things they should be watching as well, so I think in the near future I'll pop in and "remind" them.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 01:43:41 PM »
Yeah. Well, there are a few other things they should be watching as well, so I think in the near future I'll pop in and "remind" them.
Yeah, it's worth it - have a chat with the receptionist if it's something definitely on your records. But if you have more than one thing book a double appointment! It'll probably take a few weeks to get the appointment, and then a few more for any tests ordered, so worth putting it in sooner than later.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »
Yeah, it's worth it - have a chat with the receptionist if it's something definitely on your records. But if you have more than one thing book a double appointment! It'll probably take a few weeks to get the appointment, and then a few more for any tests ordered, so worth putting it in sooner than later.

Oddly, I'm usually in to see them within a week, but will request one shortly anyway. I need to hand-carry mamogram results from the USA in as I had a biopsy done there. (Benign). Or does someone other than the GP get the mammogram records?

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »
Oddly, I'm usually in to see them within a week, but will request one shortly anyway. I need to hand-carry mamogram results from the USA in as I had a biopsy done there. (Benign). Or does someone other than the GP get the mammogram records?
Give to GP first... They will refer to a women's health clinic if needed :) keep a copy for yourself at all times though!

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 04:49:14 PM »
Give to GP first... They will refer to a women's health clinic if needed :) keep a copy for yourself at all times though!

Sounds like a plan!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab