Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oak or Pine?  (Read 1343 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Oak or Pine?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 06:04:00 PM »
LOL, sorry, I know you did...I was going somewhere else......... wood..... Maybe I need a Bevis laugh instead.....
Ohmigosh, I did NOT see where you were going.  KF would've got it.  And KoD.  I am inadequate!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 06:04:45 PM »
Ohmigosh, I did NOT see where you were going.  KF would've got it.  And KoD.  I am inadequate!

I didn't get it, I needed the clue!  ;D

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 06:26:27 PM »
Bueller? Bueller? 

Ahem.......   ;D

This is why we can't have nice things!  The moderators gave us this beautiful new layout and look what you fill it up with? 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »
You can *always* count on me to lower the class of anything!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 08:27:17 PM »
My husband and I agree that it looks like pine.  The grain looks pine.  The colour is odd, but it looks like it may have previously been painted and later stripped, or something.  Or it's just old pine.

Thanks! The table ended up selling...I feel better, and my friend said benches are a pain for dinning tables so the search goes on. 

I can't seem to find styles I like, I'm sure they are out there but not in my budget.  I haven't really seen like the barn door trend I saw a lot of back home on HGTV shows.  I see a lot of crushed velvet everything and that is not the same as the nice blue chesterfield velvet couches that are trendy.  I'm not sure if the crushed velvet is a trend of the north, feel it's a bit tacky.  Since we are on a budget I spend my days looking on facebook market place and gumtree...our rental is looking like a granny's house lol.  I have found some pieces for cheap which are good quality build that we probably would not have been able to afford new.  Furniture here seems way more expensive and I'm not sure that it's any better quality than the states.

I just tried to restore an Alberto Nieri leather set that my husband's friend gave us to help us out, the leather was very cracked on the two seater....if anyone knows of a good product let me know.  I went down the rabbit hole of leather cleaners, how to restore, ph of leather and in the end bough renapur leather balsam and now I don't know if it was a mistake...it looks a little better but the cracks are still visible.  I guess I was hoping for the miracle I see on the youtube videos.  Maybe I should have gone with Meguiars cleaner and conditioner instead.  There is a leather tech person I keep seeing on facebook but I imagine it is expensive to have it done professionally.
UK Spouse Visa
Arrival to UK:                            3rd May 2017
FLR(M) Application:                1st Jan 2020. [Standard]
FLR(M) Biometrics:                 27th Feb 2020.
FLR(M) Approval:                     6th Mar 2020.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab