Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Little Moments of Happiness  (Read 64518 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Little Moments of Happiness
« Reply #1215 on: October 02, 2019, 09:00:52 AM »
Happy anniversary, and congratulations on living for you!  Be happy.  That's the whole point.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #1216 on: October 08, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »
Oh my gosh!  My husband got home from work a little bit ago and asked what we were having for dinner (as per usual).  This time, instead of not having a plan, I had one but I was sure he wouldn't  like it, so I said, "well... there's beef mince in the fridge that needs eating or freezing today, and I bought crunchy taco shells... <cringe>..."  He just surprised me by not only not looking disappointed and asking how that would give him potatoes, but then went on to ask if I wanted him to prepare the mince and start it simmering!  He's in the utili-kitchen now, making the beef filling for tacos!

Further, I asked if he wanted anything else with the tacos, and he was all, "what else would we need?" That's the appropriate answer, but I didn't expect it from him!

I did buy a bottle of whiskey while I was out doing the weekly shop today, so maybe he really appreciated that.  But he seems genuinely enthusiastic about crunchy tacos. (Also, the aroma wafting in here from utili-kitchen is amazing!  He's using all the right herbs and spices.)  Yay!

• Liked: 958
« Reply #1217 on: October 08, 2019, 07:00:29 PM »
Oh my gosh!  My husband got home from work a little bit ago and asked what we were having for dinner (as per usual).  This time, instead of not having a plan, I had one but I was sure he wouldn't  like it, so I said, "well... there's beef mince in the fridge that needs eating or freezing today, and I bought crunchy taco shells... <cringe>..."  He just surprised me by not only not looking disappointed and asking how that would give him potatoes, but then went on to ask if I wanted him to prepare the mince and start it simmering!  He's in the utili-kitchen now, making the beef filling for tacos!

Further, I asked if he wanted anything else with the tacos, and he was all, "what else would we need?" That's the appropriate answer, but I didn't expect it from him!

I did buy a bottle of whiskey while I was out doing the weekly shop today, so maybe he really appreciated that.  But he seems genuinely enthusiastic about crunchy tacos. (Also, the aroma wafting in here from utili-kitchen is amazing!  He's using all the right herbs and spices.)  Yay!
Wow! That's so sweet. My husband doesn't do tacos, but will happily have taco bowls. But I developed an issue with hot peppers in the last year so I need to remember to make some chilli free taco seasoning. It's been way too long since taco Tuesday!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1218 on: October 09, 2019, 09:30:31 AM »
Aww, that's nice JFKimberly. 

Tacos, crunchy ones especially ,are a firm 'no' from my husband. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1219 on: October 09, 2019, 09:39:42 AM »
Wow! That's so sweet. My husband doesn't do tacos, ...
Aww, that's nice JFKimberly. 

Tacos, crunchy ones especially ,are a firm 'no' from my husband. 

Exactly!  That's why I was somewhat reluctant to suggest it on an effectively-Monday night (he had Monday off).  I was completely blown away by his reaction.  He usually wants copious amounts of mashed potatoes on a Monday night.  Instead, he eagerly made the taco filling... for crunchy tacos!  A messy food!

Oh, and it was delicious!  Perfectly seasoned.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1220 on: October 09, 2019, 09:41:21 AM »
I've seen these , and they look so tasty, but they've got milk in them ,so it's a no go for hubby. And I can't be bothered to make separate meals. 
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1221 on: October 09, 2019, 10:16:43 AM »
I've seen these , and they look so tasty, but they've got milk in them ,so it's a no go for hubby. And I can't be bothered to make separate meals.

Missing link?  Or is there a post that I can't see?  Did somebody block me?    :\\\'(

;)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1222 on: October 09, 2019, 10:21:13 AM »
Ooops, I posted on the wrong thread. I'm going to move this to the thread I meant to, which is the bao buns thread. LOL  ;D
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1223 on: October 09, 2019, 10:51:11 AM »
Ooops, I posted on the wrong thread. I'm going to move this to the thread I meant to, which is the bao buns thread. LOL  ;D

Haha, I wondered if that was what you had done!  :)

« Reply #1224 on: October 11, 2019, 01:15:29 PM »
Follow-up moment of happiness from Tuesday... we had a bit of the taco filling leftover, and today marks Day 3 (I have a three-day policy on most leftovers), so I kept trying to think of ways to use it up.  And then it dawned on me that I also still had taco shells, lettuce, cheese, etc.  So I just had crunchy tacos for lunch!  Yay!

« Reply #1225 on: October 11, 2019, 01:34:43 PM »
Follow-up moment of happiness from Tuesday... we had a bit of the taco filling leftover, and today marks Day 3 (I have a three-day policy on most leftovers), so I kept trying to think of ways to use it up.  And then it dawned on me that I also still had taco shells, lettuce, cheese, etc.  So I just had crunchy tacos for lunch!  Yay!
Yum!! Definitely buying some hard shells so I can do tacos next week. You've inspired me :D

« Reply #1226 on: October 17, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »
Money (even small bits of it) can buy happiness!  Yesterday, my harmonica (Hohner Blues Harp in G) arrived... I lack lungs, but I'm still absolutely loving it!  My husband plays guitar and I play harmonica, and sometimes we even manage to do the thing!* briefly.

We consider it pulmonary exercise for me, as well as music.  I've been singing more, lately, too... I've noticed an improvement from that, already.  My lung capacity will always be extremely limited, but my use of it can be made more efficient.

I also ordered and then forgot about a glass slide that just arrived.  We had a brass one from back in the olden days before my husband met me, but I didn't really like the brightness of the metallic sound, and I had a hunch a glass one would sound smoother, and I was right!  Yay, music!

* "Do the thing!", if I haven't already said, refers to when seasoned musicians play together and they get so into it that they will look at each other and smile because it just sounds and feels good.  The phrase came about because I commented on it while watching some people play well together, and ever since then, when we see musicians do it, I'll say, "oooh, they're doing the thing!"  My husband and I aren't quite there with our playing, but sometimes we catch hints of it.

« Reply #1227 on: October 17, 2019, 03:25:03 PM »
Money (even small bits of it) can buy happiness!  Yesterday, my harmonica (Hohner Blues Harp in G) arrived... I lack lungs, but I'm still absolutely loving it!  My husband plays guitar and I play harmonica, and sometimes we even manage to do the thing!* briefly.

We consider it pulmonary exercise for me, as well as music.  I've been singing more, lately, too... I've noticed an improvement from that, already.  My lung capacity will always be extremely limited, but my use of it can be made more efficient.

I also ordered and then forgot about a glass slide that just arrived.  We had a brass one from back in the olden days before my husband met me, but I didn't really like the brightness of the metallic sound, and I had a hunch a glass one would sound smoother, and I was right!  Yay, music!

* "Do the thing!", if I haven't already said, refers to when seasoned musicians play together and they get so into it that they will look at each other and smile because it just sounds and feels good.  The phrase came about because I commented on it while watching some people play well together, and ever since then, when we see musicians do it, I'll say, "oooh, they're doing the thing!"  My husband and I aren't quite there with our playing, but sometimes we catch hints of it.
Music is the best. Money can definitely buy the tools for happiness even if it doesn't create it on its own ;)

My new laptop so I can get back into writing music arrived today, courtesy of my husband (that's birthday, Christmas, anniversary and then some!). Still need a few more things, but for now I'm just happy that I have one capable of data crunching/programming and music so I can hop back onto Udemy and learn a few more things that'll be helpful in my job hunt. And, they are still really trying to hire me but as always internal politics mean that its hard to bring in outsiders at a junior level. *sigh*

« Reply #1228 on: October 17, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »
Ooooh, shiny!  What did you get?  Is Mac still the go-to for music production?  There are so many applications now that are Windows-friendly, but Mac has historically been the platform of producers.

Man.  Woke up to brilliant sunshine (after a glorious day out shopping yesterday!), but now it's monsoon with bits of hail in it.  "Double black drippy cloud," for sure.  (That's how I describe the icon on the Met Office's forecast page... I told my husband that was today's forecast, as we were sipping our espressos in the sunshiney 'coffee shop' (a.k.a. utili-kitchen), but I didn't see how it was possible.  I see, now.)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1229 on: October 17, 2019, 04:58:07 PM »
My husband plays guitar and I play harmonica, and sometimes we even manage to do the thing!* briefly.

Love it!! ;D ;D
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab