Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Little Moments of Happiness  (Read 64387 times)

• Liked: 424
Re: Little Moments of Happiness
« Reply #1380 on: May 27, 2020, 04:43:58 PM »
Just found out that my wife and I made the National papers.....shock. Started locally, now in 3 different papers.
Latest is the Daily Record. Means nothing unless we make the BBC! lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1382 on: May 27, 2020, 05:34:29 PM »
Just found out that my wife and I made the National papers.....shock. Started locally, now in 3 different papers.

Awesome! And that is a fantastic photo of the two of you!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #1383 on: May 27, 2020, 05:55:25 PM »
Awesome! And that is a fantastic photo of the two of you!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Awwww shucks

• Liked: 957
« Reply #1384 on: May 27, 2020, 07:38:43 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's so nice! A bit of recognition is always good. :)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 585
« Reply #1385 on: May 28, 2020, 08:04:22 AM »
Absolutely brilliant, Rick!
I didn't know your wife was a traffic warden as well  :)

« Reply #1386 on: May 28, 2020, 08:46:52 AM »
Absolutely brilliant, Rick!
I didn't know your wife was a traffic warden as well  :)
Originally she wasn’t! A position came open for two in Fort William and 1 in Inverness. She applied and had a great interview. One of the applicants for Inverness had 10 years experience down south, so they offered she and I the opportunity to come to Fort William. After lots of consideration, we accepted. Spent 2 months driving back and forth every day before we found a house to rent!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #1387 on: May 28, 2020, 11:43:51 AM »
What a great article! 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1388 on: May 28, 2020, 03:06:34 PM »
Spent 2 months driving back and forth every day before we found a house to rent!

Ouch!!!!  LONG commute! Not as the crow flies, but by Highland roads...

Great photo!!  ;D
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1389 on: May 28, 2020, 03:34:56 PM »
Ouch!!!!  LONG commute! Not as the crow flies, but by Highland roads...

Great photo!!  ;D

It certainly made for verrrry long days.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #1390 on: May 29, 2020, 01:39:48 PM »
My lovely colleague Gareth brought in some boxes of ice lollies when he came in from his lunch!

• Liked: 37
« Reply #1391 on: July 02, 2020, 10:53:50 PM »
Yeah....my stuff is finally going to arrive on July 13...... :D.  Took from December 27-March 31 to go from Hawaii to England and from March 31-July 13 to get from England to Scotland.... [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

Probably just as well because of lockdown couldn’t get any supplies to work on my place and 2 days after we tore out the carpets everything closed  :o.  I now have the two bedrooms done and the lounge left to do.  Wanted to cry the other day.... spent 4 days stripping the spare room of the lining paper...fixing walls....re lined walls....and then painted.  The white paint I used was junk and dried out the lining paper so it cracked and looked a mess so the next day had to strip it all down again and start from scratch....arrrggg...that’s 4 days of my life I’m never getting back....

Am actually having fun doing it.....have never done anything like this before but you can learn to do anything watching utube videos.  It’s actually looking quite good if I do say so myself.  Was supposed to have it professionally done but he cancelled on me one to many times....now I’m glad he did because I keep changing my colour scheme as I go along and I wouldn’t have been happy with the colour choices I originally gave him....

Very proud of my bedroom ceilings....had recessed lights ......my cousins boyfriend is an electrician so he took them out and installed  one light fixture which left me 11 holes in my bedroom ceiling and looking at it know, you’d never know....have no idea how I’ve made it this far in life without ever discovering GAP FILLING EXPANDING FOAM In a can....LOVE IT

Was supposed to start work April 1 in a local hotel but Covid put the kabosh on that  for who knows how long so doing my place keeps me busy and gives me something to do so am not going stir crazy from boredom....and I now actually have a place to put my stuff when it shows up.....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1392 on: July 03, 2020, 05:06:44 AM »
Yeah....my stuff is finally going to arrive on July 13...... :D.  Took from December 27-March 31 to go from Hawaii to England and from March 31-July 13 to get from England to Scotland.... [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

Probably just as well because of lockdown couldn’t get any supplies to work on my place and 2 days after we tore out the carpets everything closed  :o.  I now have the two bedrooms done and the lounge left to do.  Wanted to cry the other day.... spent 4 days stripping the spare room of the lining paper...fixing walls....re lined walls....and then painted.  The white paint I used was junk and dried out the lining paper so it cracked and looked a mess so the next day had to strip it all down again and start from scratch....arrrggg...that’s 4 days of my life I’m never getting back....

Am actually having fun doing it.....have never done anything like this before but you can learn to do anything watching utube videos.  It’s actually looking quite good if I do say so myself.  Was supposed to have it professionally done but he cancelled on me one to many times....now I’m glad he did because I keep changing my colour scheme as I go along and I wouldn’t have been happy with the colour choices I originally gave him....

Very proud of my bedroom ceilings....had recessed lights ......my cousins boyfriend is an electrician so he took them out and installed  one light fixture which left me 11 holes in my bedroom ceiling and looking at it know, you’d never know....have no idea how I’ve made it this far in life without ever discovering GAP FILLING EXPANDING FOAM In a can....LOVE IT

Was supposed to start work April 1 in a local hotel but Covid put the kabosh on that  for who knows how long so doing my place keeps me busy and gives me something to do so am not going stir crazy from boredom....and I now actually have a place to put my stuff when it shows up.....

Good job!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1393 on: July 06, 2020, 07:50:22 PM »
Thanks to PB's comment about wild camping in Scotland, we started investigating.

We have hired a campervan for 2 weeks in August to drive around the UK (Ive been all around the world but hardly anywhere in the UK)!  As everything else is off the table.  This way we don't have to worry about toilets, beds in hotels, eating out, being in crowds, flying, etc.  We can just go whereever whenever!

It's exciting!  Thanks for the idea PB.  Going to try to see lots of places we've both been meaning to see for our lifetimes.  While we celebrate my 39th birthday - the sequel!

« Reply #1394 on: July 06, 2020, 08:27:06 PM »
Fort William area is beautiful

Sponsored Links