Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Little Moments of Happiness  (Read 64403 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Little Moments of Happiness
« Reply #1425 on: March 31, 2021, 05:33:01 PM »
My husband has taken both kids to football. Quiet house!  I may go take a bubble bath!! 

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1426 on: June 18, 2021, 03:18:39 PM »
When I place online orders, there's often an open text field for additional comments or requests, and I like to use those to say nice things, especially if it's a company I do repeat business with.  I order my coffee beans from a local roaster, and I always say things like "have a nice day" or "thanks for all the great coffee!".  Sometimes I say a bit more than that.  The last two times we needed coffee, I asked my husband to place the order (once because my browser was acting up and I couldn't get Paypal to work, and once because I was being lazy).  Today I ordered coffee and wrote:

"I’m back! I was delegating the coffee ordering for a bit, but I’m not sure he sent the best order notes. Coffee time is my happy place, and I hope when you read this I can give back a little bit. My proxy said he was including notes, but did they strike the right tone? I’ll never know. Anyway. We thank you."

The owner wrote back today.  After several years of ordering coffee, he replied!  He said:

"Hi Kimberly,
Thanks for the continued support, I really like your order notes!
They do make me smile when I see your order come in.

Best wishes,
Huw"

I am so pleased!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #1427 on: June 18, 2021, 03:58:05 PM »
When I place online orders, there's often an open text field for additional comments or requests, and I like to use those to say nice things, especially if it's a company I do repeat business with.  I order my coffee beans from a local roaster, and I always say things like "have a nice day" or "thanks for all the great coffee!".  Sometimes I say a bit more than that.  The last two times we needed coffee, I asked my husband to place the order (once because my browser was acting up and I couldn't get Paypal to work, and once because I was being lazy).  Today I ordered coffee and wrote:

"I’m back! I was delegating the coffee ordering for a bit, but I’m not sure he sent the best order notes. Coffee time is my happy place, and I hope when you read this I can give back a little bit. My proxy said he was including notes, but did they strike the right tone? I’ll never know. Anyway. We thank you."

The owner wrote back today.  After several years of ordering coffee, he replied!  He said:

"Hi Kimberly,
Thanks for the continued support, I really like your order notes!
They do make me smile when I see your order come in.

Best wishes,
Huw"

I am so pleased!
Awww! That's brilliant. :)

• Liked: 424
« Reply #1428 on: June 19, 2021, 06:04:52 PM »
My little moment of happiness.....today I finished installing an outside tap! I can wash the car.....water the garden.....oooooh so many possibilities!!
I can’t believe that outside faucets and electric outlets are so unbelievably rare here. Sort of like the novel idea of an outlet in the bathroom.....ya know, for a razor or maybe a blow dryer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #1429 on: June 19, 2021, 06:18:22 PM »
My little moment of happiness.....today I finished installing an outside tap! I can wash the car.....water the garden.....oooooh so many possibilities!!
I can’t believe that outside faucets and electric outlets are so unbelievably rare here. Sort of like the novel idea of an outlet in the bathroom.....ya know, for a razor or maybe a blow dryer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's huge! Congratulations!  ;D.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #1430 on: June 29, 2021, 02:56:52 PM »
My little moments of happiness for the past few weeks; had an Interview for an Apprenticeship on June 16th  and aced on the first try! I was successful and now going to be starting that hopefully soon; just waiting for everything to process and go through now (Employer told me to keep an ear on my phone for the College to ring me to fill out some paperwork.) I am going to be doing an Apprenticeship at a Medical Centre and get my Business Administration Certification. My National Insurance Number also finally came on Monday. :)

« Reply #1431 on: June 29, 2021, 05:40:29 PM »
My little moments of happiness for the past few weeks; had an Interview for an Apprenticeship on June 16th  and aced on the first try! I was successful and now going to be starting that hopefully soon; just waiting for everything to process and go through now (Employer told me to keep an ear on my phone for the College to ring me to fill out some paperwork.) I am going to be doing an Apprenticeship at a Medical Centre and get my Business Administration Certification. My National Insurance Number also finally came on Monday. :)

That is brilliant! Congratulations!!!  :)

• Liked: 14
« Reply #1432 on: September 21, 2021, 01:05:29 PM »
World domination!  I think I'd prefer the world ruled by Chompsky.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Chompsky (who's on his way back to Pet Chat) has decided to confine his sphere of influence to our household, where his rule is absolute. He's currently napping in his drawer under the bed.

I personally have no little moments of happiness to report today – in fact quite the opposite. Am taking it easy thanks to a bout of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Am always happy when the room stops spinning though.

« Reply #1433 on: January 21, 2022, 01:32:24 PM »
My bareroot fruit trees have finally arrived!  ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #1434 on: January 21, 2022, 02:02:27 PM »
What did you get? So exciting!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1435 on: January 21, 2022, 03:08:43 PM »
What did you get? So exciting!

More than I have room for, I'm going to have to dig up some more lawn!  ;D  8)

Last year it was mainly apples, plums and pears but because of the unexpected success of my old cherry Stella this year, I ordered a bunch more cherries, a couple of plums I didn't manage to snag last year Avalon and Jubilee and apple Honeycrisp which is apparently very popular in the US although I'd never heard of it until now!

Also going to have to move some of last years  trees to give the cherries the more favourable position but that's ok, I'm no stranger to digging things up and moving them over a bit!  ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1436 on: January 21, 2022, 03:10:56 PM »
Fantastic!!!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #1437 on: January 24, 2022, 02:02:43 PM »
You guys!!  It's Monday, celebration weekend has concluded, and my husband is working.  But!!!!  On Friday, he had a meeting at work, and in it he was informed that he has achieved!  He is staying in the role he's been on secondment in!  The great things about this is are that 1. he hated the other role, and 2. this one can be done from home, so there is a better chance he'll be permitted to avoid going in to the office when/if Wales lifts all restrictions.  This means we shouldn't have to live separately again while we wait out Covid.  It's a massive relief.

Another great thing about this role is he networks with virtually the whole agency, so if he sees an advancement opportunity, more people will know his capabilities and demeanor, so he should have a better chance.

Anyway.  We're thrilled.  Life is slightly less uncertain.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 02:11:20 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #1438 on: January 24, 2022, 02:07:58 PM »
Yay!  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1439 on: January 24, 2022, 02:09:35 PM »
That's wonderful!
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab