Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Little Moments of Happiness  (Read 64407 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Little Moments of Happiness
« Reply #660 on: December 10, 2018, 01:00:20 PM »
When i met my husband in 2012 one of the first things I did was introduce him to Uno. I always had a deck in my purse when going out. He's still obsessed. When I moved over I left my desk with my brother and bought a new one for us. Still use it every time we go to a pub. Many times we've been told off because we're not supposed to be playing games at certain pubs. Seems a bit dumb. Who doesn't like Uno?!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ICK! That seems like a pub I wouldn't want to go to....I play loads of games at pubs and have never had an issue! We've even had like proper board games set up at a pub table before and the bartender walked by and was just like "cool what is that?!". So many pubs actually try to offer a variety of games so it seems like there may have just been grumpy people about at the time for the one you were told off at.

We have a Star Wars monopoly which is shorter and enjoyable I hate monopoly usually because it’s so long.

Yeah that's my problem with normal Monopoly too so wasn't sure if this new version would take care of that as they seem to have tried to reduce time on their other variants of Monopoly. Oh well! I can imagine Cheaters Monopoly is fun, but I think I'd want to play it first before buying, just to be safe.

I got Star Wars Monopoly for my husband for Christmas last year. We played once and he didn't like it. Said it was too short!! We just have it there wasting away. Maybe I should sell it on ebay

You can try but I don't think they end up going for too much on Ebay. You might want to try just selling it on a local car boot page because somebody who might not be inclined to search for it on Ebay may see it on the local car boot page and pay more for it there (and will pick it up off you) than you'd end up selling it for. Some games can cost more in postage than people are willing to pay and it just makes it not worth it in the end.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
« Reply #661 on: December 20, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »
Just paid a guy £30 (he only asked for £20, but... it's Christmas!) to haul an old TV stand and 12 boxes and bags of rubbish down all these bloody stairs and away -- far far away!  I now have a clear path through my partner's hoard room, and that feels great!  Also, our new telly (Christmas present to each other) arrived yesterday and i had to do a bit of a re-jig with furniture, the Christmas tree, etc, and now the lounge looks somehow bigger and so much better!   ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #662 on: December 20, 2018, 12:13:10 PM »
I just cleaned out my desk at work and shredded millions of things that have literally been piling up since I started this job in February.  I'm on a roll.  I wish I could go home and PURGE the crap out of things there. 

I am vowing to clean my car out before I return to work on January 2nd.  MUST CLEAR OUT CAR.  And maybe give it a bath and hoover.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #663 on: December 20, 2018, 01:30:49 PM »
Conversation with my husband last night:

Me, "I'm Christmas Carolling on Saturday [with the brass band] at Sainsburys"
Him, "What time?"
Me, "11-2"
Him, "Oh good, that gives me time to do the Christmas wrapping and all the housework" 

How lucky am I? I get to go play music and he's going to do chores and he's happy to do so!

I think I will keep him!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #664 on: December 20, 2018, 01:46:47 PM »
Conversation with my husband last night:

Me, "I'm Christmas Carolling on Saturday [with the brass band] at Sainsburys"
Him, "What time?"
Me, "11-2"
Him, "Oh good, that gives me time to do the Christmas wrapping and all the housework" 

How lucky am I? I get to go play music and he's going to do chores and he's happy to do so!

I think I will keep him!

Ha ha!  Our son is in the "tidying up" phase of life.  My husband was nearly in tears at the weekend proclaiming, "Yes!  Someone else who likes to tidy!"  ;D

• Liked: 154
« Reply #665 on: December 20, 2018, 06:57:31 PM »
This is more like a big moment of happiness. I’m a bit late but I’ve not really been on all week.

But I turned 30 Tuesday, and I was absolutely dreading it.  But my SWEET husband got me a surprise spa day with three of my work friends and paid for all of us plus some champagne later on.

Then my work friends got me the most beautiful Olivia Burton watch because they knew I was lusting after one, after I got my mom one for Mother’s Day. They also organized a meal out where 23 people showed up ( I was never super popular and a bit shy) so I just felt overwhelmed with love. I was so spoiled with gifts throughout the day from people at work. I’m still in a bit of shock.

I guess it’s really made me realise I am settling here, and I have made some amazing friends at work. Friends I know will last a lifetime.

Sorry for the long rambling post, I’m just really in a good place at the moment and I never expected to be in this “ good place” when I compare where I was three years ago and new to the UK.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #666 on: December 20, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »
What a wonderful surprise! Happy Birthday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #667 on: December 20, 2018, 07:24:30 PM »
Sorry for the long rambling post, I’m just really in a good place at the moment and I never expected to be in this “ good place” when I compare where I was three years ago and new to the UK.

[smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] Ramble away! 
Happy Birthday!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 114
« Reply #668 on: December 20, 2018, 07:25:15 PM »
What a fabulous birthday, Eh!  Glad you are still buzzing!

My LMH for today:

My old boys turn 10 this year so I decided to do something special for them (ok, for me).  I got to pick it up today! 

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #669 on: December 20, 2018, 07:27:10 PM »
Awwww, they all love you Eh!  [smiley=smitten.gif]

« Reply #670 on: December 20, 2018, 07:27:38 PM »
What a wonderful surprise! Happy Birthday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you!

« Reply #671 on: December 20, 2018, 07:27:54 PM »
[smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] Ramble away! 
Happy Birthday!

Thank you

« Reply #672 on: December 20, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
What a fabulous birthday, Eh!  Glad you are still buzzing!

My LMH for today:

My old boys turn 10 this year so I decided to do something special for them (ok, for me).  I got to pick it up today! 

Thank you!!! And secondly where did you get this done it is ABSOLUTELY amazing I’d love something like this.

• Liked: 114
« Reply #673 on: December 20, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »

Thank you!!! And secondly where did you get this done it is ABSOLUTELY amazing I’d love something like this.
There's a fellow I work with who turns wood (he makes pens, bowls, decorations, you name it - this Christmas was snowmen, like the one below).  Anyway, his wife does pyrography, where she burns images into wood - often the stuff that he turns.

She's @burn_paint_create on Instagram.

« Reply #674 on: December 20, 2018, 10:57:53 PM »
EH, I am so happy for you!  I’ve had that moment where I realised I have real friends here and it truly is amazing.

And Heyjey, you know I’m way jelly!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab