Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Little Moments of Happiness  (Read 63876 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Little Moments of Happiness
« Reply #915 on: May 11, 2019, 02:49:54 PM »
Had the tree people in yesterday to prune some of the higher branches which were shading the garden. They did such a good job and there is just so much more light now!  :D

• Liked: 768
« Reply #916 on: May 11, 2019, 11:35:33 PM »
My 2nd anniversary is on Monday.  We are spending the night in Sandhead for tonight to celebrate.

Portpatrick was stunning tonight. I went on a hike by myself because Stuart got distracted by an abandoned building he was photographing.

It was a time of true reflection. Just me and nature.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #917 on: May 12, 2019, 02:25:55 PM »
Hairdresser finally came this morning and I got my fringe back! YAY! Was missing it! lol didn't feel like myself.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #918 on: May 15, 2019, 04:21:08 PM »
My 2nd anniversary is on Monday.  We are spending the night in Sandhead for tonight to celebrate.

Portpatrick was stunning tonight. I went on a hike by myself because Stuart got distracted by an abandoned building he was photographing.

It was a time of true reflection. Just me and nature.

(insert collection of stunning photos)

Was photography one of the things you and Stuart connected over?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #919 on: May 15, 2019, 04:27:42 PM »
Was photography one of the things you and Stuart connected over?
No. Not really. He has a natural eye for photography. I have to really work at it but I have an interest.

We really bonded over... hmmm, I'm not really sure. We don't have a lot of the same interests outside of travelling by the water but we never really discussed that.

We are both so different. I'm independent and he's needy. He annoys me with his incessant talking so I get to practice my passive listening.

But it feels like we've been annoying each other forever and neither one of us is keen to be without the other.

We are imperfectly perfect for each other.

« Reply #920 on: May 16, 2019, 08:57:28 AM »
No. Not really. He has a natural eye for photography. I have to really work at it but I have an interest.

We really bonded over... hmmm, I'm not really sure. We don't have a lot of the same interests outside of travelling by the water but we never really discussed that.

We are both so different. I'm independent and he's needy. He annoys me with his incessant talking so I get to practice my passive listening.

But it feels like we've been annoying each other forever and neither one of us is keen to be without the other.

We are imperfectly perfect for each other.

That's interesting.  My husband and I actually did connect over photography, in a sense (his dad and I knew each other from a brain tumor forum, and one day my now-FIL suggested I add my now-husband as a friend so I could see the photos that he'd shared).  I do all the incessant talking, and my husband does the passive listening.  We're both independent, I think... I certainly was before I met him!  It's definitely difficult to consider traveling without him now, though.  I can manage the traveling... it's the thought of separation that makes me sad.  I must be annoying, but at the same time, if I think about not being home when he gets home from work, I literally picture him in a dark house with no food and no music, staring at the floor in sadness.  I just assume his life would be empty if I wasn't in it 24/7.  ;)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #921 on: May 16, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »

I guess you could say that my wife and I connected over photography because we met when we were both working in a store in Rocky Mountain National Park.  I was selling film and stuff like that and she was a keen photogrpaher. 

• Liked: 957
« Reply #922 on: May 16, 2019, 06:57:16 PM »
I guess you could say that my wife and I connected over photography because we met when we were both working in a store in Rocky Mountain National Park.  I was selling film and stuff like that and she was a keen photogrpaher.
Awww.

My husband and I met at a rave while I was visiting friends in London. We had heard of each other via the things we've written, but hadn't even crossed paths on forums or Facebook before the friend introduced us. We bonded over being huge nerds and cat lovers though. :)

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

« Reply #923 on: May 16, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »

I must be annoying, but at the same time, if I think about not being home when he gets home from work, I literally picture him in a dark house with no food and no music, staring at the floor in sadness.  I just assume his life would be empty if I wasn't in it 24/7.  ;)

This would be Stuart. I'm sure of it. He goes through bouts of depression when I go on holiday without him. And it can get extreme to where he convinces himself I'm not coming home.

We have to start talking about my absence ahead of time and we have to have an action plan for when he starts feeling anxious. Otherwise, bad stuff happens.

« Reply #924 on: May 17, 2019, 09:41:50 AM »

This would be Stuart. I'm sure of it. He goes through bouts of depression when I go on holiday without him. And it can get extreme to where he convinces himself I'm not coming home.

We have to start talking about my absence ahead of time and we have to have an action plan for when he starts feeling anxious. Otherwise, bad stuff happens.

Other than the two months that I was in the US at the end of 2012/early 2013 while I applied for my visa, I have not been apart from him since we met.  Well, I mean, he spent all those weeknights in Salisbury after we moved.  He was sad, sitting in the dark with no food (I do hope he at least had music!), then.  But he was living in the campervan and trying to be economical.  That would make anybody sad.  I don't actually know how he would fare on his own at home... hmmm... .

« Reply #925 on: June 02, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »
It's my birthday.  I just received my presents from my kids and ex husband.  I have the best family ever!

My MIL gave me some cash so I bought a new pair of hiking trousers and some tshirts plus a bum bag. (fanny pack to us Americans)

This is the best ending to a day that started out shite. Someone kicked off the wing mirror on our car overnight. That will be an extremely costly and necessary repair. Bastarding dillholes.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #926 on: June 02, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »
It's my birthday.  I just received my presents from my kids and ex husband.  I have the best family ever!

My MIL gave me some cash so I bought a new pair of hiking trousers and some tshirts plus a bum bag. (fanny pack to us Americans)

This is the best ending to a day that started out shite. Someone kicked off the wing mirror on our car overnight. That will be an extremely costly and necessary repair. Bastarding dillholes.

So cool for your adventuring! Happy birthday Tami!  :D [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]

« Reply #927 on: June 02, 2019, 08:24:35 PM »
So cool for your adventuring! Happy birthday Tami!  :D [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]
I'm getting into bird watching and hiking so these are awesome gifts. I've completely fallen in love with sea birds!

And thank you!!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #928 on: June 02, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »
Thats an amazing gift!

My new yarn for a "crochet along" arrived this week, cotton kings twirl. I'm really loving it. The bottom right is for the blanket, the others will make a shawl each. This is the pattern, I'm using a 3.5mm hook since this is pretty thin cotton. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/phoenix-19

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #929 on: June 03, 2019, 01:15:59 PM »
Iplus a bum bag.

Totally misread that as "bum plug".  I was all, "Whoa, TMI!"

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab