Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Married now (yay!) and ready to begin Spousal Visa Application Process  (Read 1466 times)

• Liked: 12
Yes. Then you will apply for ILR from 28 days before the 5 year anniversary of your arrival in the UK.

Hi, I'm jumping into the conversation here. :)

I'm about to apply for FLR (M) to transition from a fiance visa to a spousal visa and want to do so as soon as possible (being on a spousal visa will allow me to access national tuition fees for uni rather than pay international fees, but I need the new visa before classes begin).

I've seen the 28 days listed online too and wanted to know if this 28 working days or 28 calendar days?

Thanks!
UK Fiancé Visa (Priority)
Docs Sent: 29 Jan 2018
Decision Made Email: 12 March (28 BD)

FLR (M) Visa
Docs Sent: 14 Sept 2018
BRP Received: 17 Oct 2018

• Liked: 4985
Hi, I'm jumping into the conversation here. :)

I'm about to apply for FLR (M) to transition from a fiance visa to a spousal visa and want to do so as soon as possible (being on a spousal visa will allow me to access national tuition fees for uni rather than pay international fees, but I need the new visa before classes begin).

I've seen the 28 days listed online too and wanted to know if this 28 working days or 28 calendar days?

Thanks!

It's 28 calendar days.

But sadly, you won't be able to access "home rates" for tuition until you have Indefinite Leave to Remain (which will be 5 years from when your FLR(M) is approved).

• Liked: 216
The letter should contain the following information.

1-How he is eligible to sponsor you (British citizen)
2-How you meet the financial requirements.
3-Details of your accommodation in the UK,
4-A brief history of your relationship and why you are choosing to live in the UK rather than the US.

Keep it concise.

Hi larrabee,

Wanted to run his sponsor letter by you. Please let me know if you think this is acceptable or if anything should be added or removed. Thank you!

To whom it may concern,

This letter serves as my intent to sponsor my spouse, Nykia Chantelle Herron, living here with me in the UK. I am a British citizen by birth and have always resided in the United Kingdom. I own my home located in Penrith, England. My land registry deed is being provided with the visa application. My home is a two bedroom cottage. My spouse and I will live there full time. I also have a ten year old daughter who stays with me every other weekend. She is the reason that we have chosen to stay in the UK versus living in the USA. She lives with her mother in Penrith when I don’t have her with me.

I met my wife, Nykia, in April 2016 online and we have spoken almost daily since the time we met through means such as Skype, WhatsApp, and/or Messenger. I have been to the US to visit with her six times in the last two years. She has also traveled to the UK to visit with me several times as well. We were married on 17 May 2018 in Miami, Florida USA.

My spouse, Nykia, has enough money in savings for us to meet the financial requirement for us to live together in the UK. Documentation in the form of bank statements has been provided.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 6110
Hi larrabee,

Wanted to run his sponsor letter by you. Please let me know if you think this is acceptable or if anything should be added or removed. Thank you!

To whom it may concern,

This letter serves as my intent to sponsor my spouse, Nykia Chantelle Herron, living here with me in the UK. I am a British citizen by birth and have always resided in the United Kingdom. I own my home located in Penrith, England. My land registry deed is being provided with the visa application. My home is a two bedroom cottage. My spouse and I will live there full time. I also have a ten year old daughter who stays with me every other weekend. She is the reason that we have chosen to stay in the UK versus living in the USA. She lives with her mother in Penrith when I don’t have her with me.

I met my wife, Nykia, in April 2016 online and we have spoken almost daily since the time we met through means such as Skype, WhatsApp, and/or Messenger. I have been to the US to visit with her six times in the last two years. She has also traveled to the UK to visit with me several times as well. We were married on 17 May 2018 in Miami, Florida USA.

My spouse, Nykia, has enough money in savings for us to meet the financial requirement for us to live together in the UK. Documentation in the form of bank statements has been provided.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

It's good. I would change that first sentence a bit though as it reads as if you are already in the UK. Perhaps instead of  "living here with me in the UK" put, "to move to the UK to live with me".  :)

It's good. I would change that first sentence a bit though as it reads as if you are already in the UK. Perhaps instead of  "living here with me in the UK" put, "to move to the UK to live with me".  :)

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help.  :)

You will also need:

Sponsor's Documents:
- a copy of his passport photo page
- a letter of support for the visa

I have a question about the copy of my husband's passport photo page please. Is the copy supposed to be certified/notarized? All I did was make a photocopy of it while we were recently together. But I have seen on some other posts in these message boards that it is supposed to be certified?? Kind of worried now.  :\\\'(

Thank you.

I have a question about the copy of my husband's passport photo page please. Is the copy supposed to be certified/notarized? All I did was make a photocopy of it while we were recently together. But I have seen on some other posts in these message boards that it is supposed to be certified?? Kind of worried now.  :\\\'(

Thank you.

Many do send a certified copy, the UK post office does it for around £10. Given the choice, it's probably better to do that but ordinary copies are accepted too.

Many do send a certified copy, the UK post office does it for around £10. Given the choice, it's probably better to do that but ordinary copies are accepted too.

I'm going to take my chances with the regular copy because that's what I already have here. I wish I would have know about the certified copy before though. He and I were just together in Detroit on holiday and I could have had it done. But he works 12 hours a day in the UK and has no way to make it to the post office to get it done and also to be able to rush it to me through UPS or FedEx. We are so desperate to finally live together. Our journey has been really long and arduous (I won't go into detail here). So I just want this process to go as quickly as possible so that we don't have to be apart from each other anymore. I'm kind of at the breakdown point after having had to leave each other again after Detroit. Just anxious and nervous and sad.

But thank you so so much for the information. I hope all of this part will be over soon and that we'll finally just be able to live happily as husband and wife.  :)

I'm going to take my chances with the regular copy because that's what I already have here. I wish I would have know about the certified copy before though. He and I were just together in Detroit on holiday and I could have had it done. But he works 12 hours a day in the UK and has no way to make it to the post office to get it done and also to be able to rush it to me through UPS or FedEx. We are so desperate to finally live together. Our journey has been really long and arduous (I won't go into detail here). So I just want this process to go as quickly as possible so that we don't have to be apart from each other anymore. I'm kind of at the breakdown point after having had to leave each other again after Detroit. Just anxious and nervous and sad.

But thank you so so much for the information. I hope all of this part will be over soon and that we'll finally just be able to live happily as husband and wife.  :)

Yeah, of all the things to worry about, that is not one of them!  :)
You are planning to use priority to minimise your wait?

Yeah, of all the things to worry about, that is not one of them!  :)
You are planning to use priority to minimise your wait?

Yes, definitely using priority!

I asked this in a separate post but no response yet... wondering how to go about printing logs from skype, whatsapp, etc. Is there a function within those apps that allow it? Also, we have been communicating for over two years but I don't have skype conversations, etc. that I can find that go back that far. I do have proof that we traveled to visit each other back then though. We don't have our boarding passes anymore but I can probably find old itineraries. We also have been using airline employee/retiree passes to travel (saves lots of money) as my mom is a retiree of a major airline. There is a page there I can print out which will show when we have traveled to visit each other. Do you think that would be acceptable?

My hope is to have all documents gathered, applications filled out and ready to submit by the end of this week. And then hopefully biometrics and package shipped off by early next week. Is that a realistic time frame?

• Liked: 4985

I asked this in a separate post but no response yet... wondering how to go about printing logs from skype, whatsapp, etc. Is there a function within those apps that allow it? Also, we have been communicating for over two years but I don't have skype conversations, etc. that I can find that go back that far. I do have proof that we traveled to visit each other back then though. We don't have our boarding passes anymore but I can probably find old itineraries. We also have been using airline employee/retiree passes to travel (saves lots of money) as my mom is a retiree of a major airline. There is a page there I can print out which will show when we have traveled to visit each other. Do you think that would be acceptable?

My hope is to have all documents gathered, applications filled out and ready to submit by the end of this week. And then hopefully biometrics and package shipped off by early next week. Is that a realistic time frame?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer about Skype or Whatsapp (we didn't do the long distance thing).

The timeframe is realistic if you have all the important documents in your hand.  Do NOT rush though.  Make sure you have everything in your hands before you hit submit.  MUCH better to have a delay of a few days or a week and to have full confidence in your application while it's processing.  :)

I'm afraid I don't know the answer about Skype or Whatsapp (we didn't do the long distance thing).

The timeframe is realistic if you have all the important documents in your hand.  Do NOT rush though.  Make sure you have everything in your hands before you hit submit.  MUCH better to have a delay of a few days or a week and to have full confidence in your application while it's processing.  :)

Yes, that is very true! I'll definitely do a document list here once I have it all together and let you guys review it. Want to get it right the first time and avoid an expensive mistake! Thanks for your response.  :D

Sorry, I don't know how to get the call logs either. I would include the itineraries and the employee travel history and explain briefly what it is.

Sorry, I don't know how to get the call logs either. I would include the itineraries and the employee travel history and explain briefly what it is.

Ok, thanks! I appreciate your help!

Re: Married now (yay!) and ready to begin Spousal Visa Application Process
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a question about form Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)...

I am using the Cash Savings option to fulfill the financial requirement. It directs me on 3.3 to then "complete part 3F." Do I just leave all of the other parts blank or should you use any "n/a" or "not applicable" responses in those blank boxes in the other sections?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab