Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Married now (yay!) and ready to begin Spousal Visa Application Process  (Read 1471 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Married now (yay!) and ready to begin Spousal Visa Application Process
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2018, 07:19:45 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a question about form Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)...

I am using the Cash Savings option to fulfill the financial requirement. It directs me on 3.3 to then "complete part 3F." Do I just leave all of the other parts blank or should you use any "n/a" or "not applicable" responses in those blank boxes in the other sections?

Thanks!

Only complete the parts of the application which apply to you.Otherwise leave blank. So you will skip over the other financial categories and go straight to section 3F.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 07:23:48 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 216
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2018, 07:22:08 PM »
Only complete the parts of the application which apply to you. Otherwise leave blank.

Okay! Thank you much!  :)
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2018, 07:28:58 PM »
Only complete the parts of the application which apply to you.Otherwise leave blank. So you will skip over the other financial categories and go straight to section 3F.

A couple more questions just came to mind...

When turning in this Appendix 2 form, do you send all of the pages of it including the instructional/guidance pages?

Also, is it best to just leave "part 5 continual and additional information" blank? I don't have anything to add that I can think of at the moment.

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2018, 07:38:13 PM »
A couple more questions just came to mind...

When turning in this Appendix 2 form, do you send all of the pages of it including the instructional/guidance pages?

Also, is it best to just leave "part 5 continual and additional information" blank? I don't have anything to add that I can think of at the moment.

It's fine to leave part 5 blank if you have nothing to add.

I would have to check but I'm pretty sure I just stopped at part 5 and didn't send the instruction pages.

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2018, 07:45:03 PM »
It's fine to leave part 5 blank if you have nothing to add.

I would have to check but I'm pretty sure I just stopped at part 5 and didn't send the instruction pages.

Yeah, I would think they wouldn't want those excess pages included but you never know with these types of things. They are so specific.

Another couple of questions if you don't mind... They're just popping in my head like crazy now because I'm so close!! Yay! And I really do appreciate you all taking the time to do this sort of thing. I can't imagine where I'd be without it!

Is it ok when certain documents are stapled together? For instance, my divorce documents are stapled together. Should I leave them like that or should there be no fasteners of any sort in the package?

Should there be a clear division between document sections? For instance, a divider of sorts between my documents and the ones coming from my husband (sponsor)? Should the passport photo be just placed loosely in the package or should it be affixed to something?

What is the best way to organize the packet?

:)

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
Yeah, I would think they wouldn't want those excess pages included but you never know with these types of things. They are so specific.

Another couple of questions if you don't mind... They're just popping in my head like crazy now because I'm so close!! Yay! And I really do appreciate you all taking the time to do this sort of thing. I can't imagine where I'd be without it!

Is it ok when certain documents are stapled together? For instance, my divorce documents are stapled together. Should I leave them like that or should there be no fasteners of any sort in the package?

Should there be a clear division between document sections? For instance, a divider of sorts between my documents and the ones coming from my husband (sponsor)? Should the passport photo be just placed loosely in the package or should it be affixed to something?

What is the best way to organize the packet?

:)

If something is stapled already then leave it that way. Anything that is loose though, don't staple, at most, you could paper clip it.

Don't arrange your documents by his and yours, rather by the requirements so start with the admin stuff, forms, receipts, passports etc. Then the financial, relationship and accommodation evidence. I didn't use any sort of divider but you could use post its if you wanted to.

I put the passport photo in one envelope and the relationship photos in another.

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »
If something is stapled already then leave it that way. Anything that is loose though, don't staple, at most, you could paper clip it.

Don't arrange your documents by his and yours, rather by the requirements so start with the admin stuff, forms, receipts, passports etc. Then the financial, relationship and accommodation evidence. I didn't use any sort of divider but you could use post its if you wanted to.

I put the passport photo in one envelope and the relationship photos in another.

Thanks! That makes sense. Will do. Paper clips are ok... good to know. I will also put the passport photo in a small envelope and label it. The relationship photos are printed from my computer so they are just on regular letter size pieces of paper.

Ah, here's yet another question that us coming up about the photos...

I have included 4. One from June 2016 (my first trip to the UK), one from March 2017 (he visited me here in Miami), one of our professional wedding photos from 17 May 2018, and one of my husband and I with his daughter from July 2018. Is that too much? Is it good or okay to include a picture of us with his daughter to establish our relationship?

Also, should I bother to include any greeting cards? I have one that he mailed me here (envelope with post included) and one that he gave me for my birthday last year but I don't have any of the one I sent/gave to him as he has them all with him in England?

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2018, 08:34:55 PM »
Thanks! That makes sense. Will do. Paper clips are ok... good to know. I will also put the passport photo in a small envelope and label it. The relationship photos are printed from my computer so they are just on regular letter size pieces of paper.

Ah, here's yet another question that us coming up about the photos...

I have included 4. One from June 2016 (my first trip to the UK), one from March 2017 (he visited me here in Miami), one of our professional wedding photos from 17 May 2018, and one of my husband and I with his daughter from July 2018. Is that too much? Is it good or okay to include a picture of us with his daughter to establish our relationship?

Also, should I bother to include any greeting cards? I have one that he mailed me here (envelope with post included) and one that he gave me for my birthday last year but I don't have any of the one I sent/gave to him as he has them all with him in England?

I would include the greetings cards.
Ideally the photos should be printed on photo paper. The others will recommend sending only one or two but I lean towards providing a few more than that so I think what you have is fine.

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2018, 08:45:55 PM »
I would include the greetings cards.
Ideally the photos should be printed on photo paper. The others will recommend sending only one or two but I lean towards providing a few more than that so I think what you have is fine.

OK, thanks. I'll print the photos on photo paper then.

I think I am just about ready to do my online application now. Nerves are kicking in! This is really happening!! LOL!

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2018, 08:55:05 PM »

I think I am just about ready to do my online application now. Nerves are kicking in! This is really happening!! LOL!

Would you like to post your list first?

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2018, 09:42:29 PM »

Yes, I am actually compiling my list now! Will post it soon! :)

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2018, 10:44:55 PM »

Please review and give feedback when you can. Thanks a million!  :)

Documents checklist:

• Online application (still to be completed, printed out and signed)
    Appendix 2 - complete
    Home office payment receipt (to be completed)
    IHS payment receipt (to be completed)
    Biometrics receipt (to be completed)

One passport photo of me (in small labeled envelope)
    Two of my previous passports (the third one is missing/deemed never returned from passport agency)
    My current passport
    A photo copy of his passport photo page (has not been certified or notarized)

Letter from my bank on official bank stationery which states that the statements are original
    Bank statements for my cash savings covering 7 months from 21 Dec 2017 - 20 July 2018

His sponsor letter which states his citizenship/residency, living accommodation, why we are choosing to live in the UK versus the US, how we met, and how our relationship progressed, and how we meet the financial requirement.

His land registry document to show home ownership

Our official marriage certificate
    My divorce papers
    His divorce papers

4 photos documenting different points in our relationship - (the two of us during my first trip to the UK to visit him in June 2016, the two of us during his first visit to Miami to meet my family in March 2017, the two of us on our wedding day 17 May, 2018, and a photo of us with his daughter/my stepdaughter in July 2018 in the UK)

Two greeting cards he sent/gave to me - one was mailed by post includes envelope and the other is a birthday card given to me in person

A screenshot of our continuing Words With Friends games (how/where we met in 2016)
    Facebook Messenger chat log - 3 pages (names, dates, and times given only) - 17 April 2016 - 12 July 2018
    WhatsApp chat log - 3 pages (names, dates, and times given only) - 1 Nov 2016 - 31 July 2018
    Skype video chat log screenshots (names, dates, and times only) - 24 April 2017 - present —we have used Skype to video chat from the very beginning but the history only goes back to the date listed

A letter explaining the travel history/itinerary page - my mom is an airline retiree and so we fly on passes. This page documents dates of my travel to and from the UK as well as my husband’s on the occasions where he has used the passes as well.
    My husband’s other travel itineraries from trips he planned using regular airline reservations

Photocopies of all original documents we would like returned - marriage certificate, my divorce documents, his divorce documents, his land registry document)

Should I include any other letter of explanation since the Skype video chat logs don't go back to 2016? Also, there are gaps in time in the various communication logs. Those mostly represent times when we were together and didn't need to Skype or write as much. Should I explain that?

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2018, 10:52:04 PM »
Please review and give feedback when you can. Thanks a million!  :)

Documents checklist:

• Online application (still to be completed, printed out and signed)
    Appendix 2 - complete
    Home office payment receipt (to be completed)
    IHS payment receipt (to be completed)
    Biometrics receipt (to be completed)

One passport photo of me (in small labeled envelope)
    Two of my previous passports (the third one is missing/deemed never returned from passport agency)
    My current passport
    A photo copy of his passport photo page (has not been certified or notarized)

Letter from my bank on official bank stationery which states that the statements are original
    Bank statements for my cash savings covering 7 months from 21 Dec 2017 - 20 July 2018

His sponsor letter which states his citizenship/residency, living accommodation, why we are choosing to live in the UK versus the US, how we met, and how our relationship progressed, and how we meet the financial requirement.

His land registry document to show home ownership

Our official marriage certificate
    My divorce papers
    His divorce papers

4 photos documenting different points in our relationship - (the two of us during my first trip to the UK to visit him in June 2016, the two of us during his first visit to Miami to meet my family in March 2017, the two of us on our wedding day 17 May, 2018, and a photo of us with his daughter/my stepdaughter in July 2018 in the UK)

Two greeting cards he sent/gave to me - one was mailed by post includes envelope and the other is a birthday card given to me in person

A screenshot of our continuing Words With Friends games (how/where we met in 2016)
    Facebook Messenger chat log - 3 pages (names, dates, and times given only) - 17 April 2016 - 12 July 2018
    WhatsApp chat log - 3 pages (names, dates, and times given only) - 1 Nov 2016 - 31 July 2018
    Skype video chat log screenshots (names, dates, and times only) - 24 April 2017 - present —we have used Skype to video chat from the very beginning but the history only goes back to the date listed

A letter explaining the travel history/itinerary page - my mom is an airline retiree and so we fly on passes. This page documents dates of my travel to and from the UK as well as my husband’s on the occasions where he has used the passes as well.
    My husband’s other travel itineraries from trips he planned using regular airline reservations

Photocopies of all original documents we would like returned - marriage certificate, my divorce documents, his divorce documents, his land registry document)

Should I include any other letter of explanation since the Skype video chat logs don't go back to 2016? Also, there are gaps in time in the various communication logs. Those mostly represent times when we were together and didn't need to Skype or write as much. Should I explain that?

Are you using priority (recommended)? If so, the receipt should be right on top.
Shipping labels.
Does he have a mortgage? If so, it's recommended to include the most recent mortgage statement, just to show that he's keeping up with the payments.
If you were together during the times there is a lull in the communication evidence, that should be self explanatory but it wouldn't hurt to point it out. Does your evidence cover the whole of the time you have been in a relationship?

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2018, 10:59:57 PM »
Are you using priority (recommended)? If so, the receipt should be right on top.
Shipping labels.
Does he have a mortgage? If so, it's recommended to include the most recent mortgage statement, just to show that he's keeping up with the payments.
If you were together during the times there is a lull in the communication evidence, that should be self explanatory but it wouldn't hurt to point it out. Does your evidence cover the whole of the time you have been in a relationship?

Yes! Definitely using priority!
He does not have a mortgage. Home is paid in full.
Our relationship started on 7 April 2016 but I could only find a chat dating back as far as 17 April 2016.

With the chat logs, the way they are when you download them it includes all of the actual conversation. I left the names and dates/times but just deleted the conversations. And I basically just highlighted the chat logs on a weekly basis. Do you believe that's acceptable? It was kind of hard to know how to handle this part since the pages are just downloaded and aren't official.

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2018, 11:14:43 PM »
Yes! Definitely using priority!
He does not have a mortgage. Home is paid in full.
Our relationship started on 7 April 2016 but I could only find a chat dating back as far as 17 April 2016.

With the chat logs, the way they are when you download them it includes all of the actual conversation. I left the names and dates/times but just deleted the conversations. And I basically just highlighted the chat logs on a weekly basis. Do you believe that's acceptable? It was kind of hard to know how to handle this part since the pages are just downloaded and aren't official.

All ok!   :)

And meant to mention, make a copy of your appendix 2 and the online application to keep for your own records. It'll save a lot of time when it comes time to apply for the next visa!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab