Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Waiting for Your Visa Anxiety  (Read 2384 times)

• Liked: 59
Waiting for Your Visa Anxiety
« on: July 17, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I know I can't be alone feeling extreme anxiety as the business days tick along....
 I'd love to hear what others are doing/have done to distract, calm, and make the days go by faster.

The anxiety has been so bad for me. I've had nightmares and I'm always anxious when i'm awake.
I've tried not thinking about the visa, but that's proven to be impossible. I'd love to hear what's worked for others  (if anything works!)

Thanks! :)
Met British Husband:October 20, 2013
Engaged: Oct 20, 2017
Married: May 18, 2018
Application Type: Settlement/Spouse Priority
Online application submitted: June 8, 2018
Biometrics appointment & Docs sent: June 12, 2018
Package arrived in Sheffield: June 14, 2018
Email stating my application was being prepared by ECO: June 14, 2018
Decision made email: August 14, 2018
Documents returned: August 16, 2018
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Officially a UK Resident: September 3, 2018

• Liked: 6110
Re: Waiting for Your Visa Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I know I can't be alone feeling extreme anxiety as the business days tick along....
 I'd love to hear what others are doing/have done to distract, calm, and make the days go by faster.

The anxiety has been so bad for me. I've had nightmares and I'm always anxious when i'm awake.
I've tried not thinking about the visa, but that's proven to be impossible. I'd love to hear what's worked for others  (if anything works!)

Thanks! :)

For some people it helps to join in a lot here on the forum. For others, it's better to stay away.
It's a cliche but try to stay busy, then you will (theoretically) have less time to worry.  Do you have packing to do, friends and family to say goodbye to, food places to visit one last time?  :)

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 04:32:59 PM »
For some people it helps to join in a lot here on the forum. For others, it's better to stay away.
It's a cliche but try to stay busy, then you will (theoretically) have less time to worry.  Do you have packing to do, friends and family to say goodbye to, food places to visit one last time?  :)
Thank you! I'm still trying to find a good balance! I'm weirdly more calm on the weekends, I think because i know I won't hear anything from UKVI.
I know I'll hear something really soon, I just hate not knowing when!
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »
Thank you! I'm still trying to find a good balance! I'm weirdly more calm on the weekends, I think because i know I won't hear anything from UKVI.

Fingers crossed it's not long now!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 04:59:08 PM »

Not the same thing, but I'm trying to lose weight.  I do find keeping busy keeps my mind off of food.  LOL!

Chances are you'll hear back about your visa LONG before I hit my goal weight though.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 05:03:31 PM »
Not the same thing, but I'm trying to lose weight.  I do find keeping busy keeps my mind off of food.  LOL!

Chances are you'll hear back about your visa LONG before I hit my goal weight though.  ;)
Haha! Thank you!!!
I'm trying to work out a lot too right now! I Lost 15 pounds before my wedding, and now i'm trying to lose another 5 before the move.
The only problem is when i'm at the gym I can only think about this dang visa...Music is not nearly distracting enough!

Good luck on your goal! :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 05:06:28 PM by iamsarah »
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

• Liked: 31
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 05:38:59 PM »
Hi There!

When I read your topic I said, "YEEESSSS!" I know exactly how you're feeling. I've been reading literally everything I can about the visa and that seems to help me. I also work a lot to try and keep myself busy. I hope everyone gets their good news soon!!

• Liked: 85
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 08:53:53 PM »
I completely get you! I'm only on BD 15 and I'm still anxious. I graduated college in May but don't plan to work till I arrive in the UK, so until then I'm doing nothing but waiting and it's driving me crazy.

I've found that even just going to Starbucks and sitting with my computer or a book for a few hours helps take my mind off of things, as well as sorting through all my stuff for donations and packing. There's only so much of that you can do though, so I feel you!  :(
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

• Liked: 387
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 10:55:14 PM »
I recommend focusing on all the things you love about home you won't have in the UK, particularly food.  If you like Mexican, stuff yourself full of it before you leave.  Root beer?  Ditto.  Spend a lot of time with friends and family - I underestimated the rising costs of flights and haven't been able to visit the US as often as I thought I could and wished I spent more time with everyone before I moved over.  Have a favourite beach or park?  Have a last visit or three.  Enjoy refreshing air conditioning.  Tumble dry all your clothes.  Put those eggs in the fridge!  ;) 

I know it's very tempting to wish the time away for the decision and being able to move over to be with your partner, but definitely try and take a step back and enjoy what you love in the US while you're still there. 

I haven't had a Girl Scout cookie in at least 5 years...   

• Liked: 4
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 09:25:46 AM »
So with you on feeling like this!

We're on approx. BD 30 right now (although i cant be sure as we never got the documents received email). I can see that people who applied at around the same time are starting to hear back now, and so my anxiety is through he roof with it all! I keep thinking, it HAS to be this week.

I am terrified we are going to suddenly receive the documents received email now, super late on, and have to start the count all over again!

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 03:59:11 PM »
Hi There!

When I read your topic I said, "YEEESSSS!" I know exactly how you're feeling. I've been reading literally everything I can about the visa and that seems to help me. I also work a lot to try and keep myself busy. I hope everyone gets their good news soon!!

Me too! i've become obsessive with this entire process. I've read so much, which is probably making me second guess my application...

Hope you hear soon too!
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »
I completely get you! I'm only on BD 15 and I'm still anxious. I graduated college in May but don't plan to work till I arrive in the UK, so until then I'm doing nothing but waiting and it's driving me crazy.

I've found that even just going to Starbucks and sitting with my computer or a book for a few hours helps take my mind off of things, as well as sorting through all my stuff for donations and packing. There's only so much of that you can do though, so I feel you!  :(

I'm only about 10 days ahead of you then! I left my job last week to start focusing on packing/selling/donating everything. I'm still at a loss though. Even all of my distractions remind me of the visa. I can't wait for this to be over.

Good luck to you! Hope it's a fast approval!
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 04:07:55 PM »
I recommend focusing on all the things you love about home you won't have in the UK, particularly food.  If you like Mexican, stuff yourself full of it before you leave.  Root beer?  Ditto.  Spend a lot of time with friends and family - I underestimated the rising costs of flights and haven't been able to visit the US as often as I thought I could and wished I spent more time with everyone before I moved over.  Have a favourite beach or park?  Have a last visit or three.  Enjoy refreshing air conditioning.  Tumble dry all your clothes.  Put those eggs in the fridge!  ;) 

I know it's very tempting to wish the time away for the decision and being able to move over to be with your partner, but definitely try and take a step back and enjoy what you love in the US while you're still there. 

I haven't had a Girl Scout cookie in at least 5 years...   

Hahaha, thank you for the advice. I'm trying to enjoy home as much as i can. It's hard during the days when most of my friends and family are at work. I'm also trying to save and not spend too much money and lose a little weight (the worst combination for someone leaving their country. lol)

You're right though, I need to be enjoying my time hear because i know i'll miss it in the future. Thank you. :)
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »
So with you on feeling like this!

We're on approx. BD 30 right now (although i cant be sure as we never got the documents received email). I can see that people who applied at around the same time are starting to hear back now, and so my anxiety is through he roof with it all! I keep thinking, it HAS to be this week.

I am terrified we are going to suddenly receive the documents received email now, super late on, and have to start the count all over again!

Ugh. I would be dying if i didn't get my email! I'm so sorry! I feel that way too. I saw someone a week ahead me get an approval last week so i know it's only a matter of time. Making my anxiety worse! 

Fingers crossed we both get our approvals soon! :)
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

• Liked: 31
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 10:20:22 PM »
Me too! i've become obsessive with this entire process. I've read so much, which is probably making me second guess my application...

Hope you hear soon too!

So have I! It's like sickness, I can't stop reading other people's stories and comparing them to mine. It's driving me crazy!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab