Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Partner and I at a crossroads  (Read 638 times)

• Liked: 2
Partner and I at a crossroads
« on: July 17, 2018, 08:33:16 PM »
My partner and I are in a bit of a rough spot at the moment in our relationship. We can't decide what steps to take forward regarding my immigration to England. We're stuck between two options. I want to be married first, then move. He wants to me to move there before we get married. Is there a third option we're not seeing? Or is it possible for us to plan those things to happen at the same time? (please ignore, posted in wrong section)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:05:47 PM by CARRisma »

• Liked: 6110
Re: Partner and I at a crossroads
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »
My partner and I are in a bit of a rough spot at the moment in our relationship. We can't decide what steps to take forward regarding my immigration to England. We're stuck between two options. I want to be married first, then move. He wants to me to move there before we get married. Is there a third option we're not seeing? Or is it possible for us to plan those things to happen at the same time?

I'm not quite sure if you're just talking about logistics or if there are some reservations regarding the relationship?

There is not a visa that allows you to live together to get to know each other before committing to marriage.  For the fiancee visa, you would be given 6 months in which to marry and apply for further leave to remain.
The alternative would be to marry first in the US (or another country) then apply directly for the spouse visa.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:50:30 AM »
Unfortunately immigration often requires people to marry earlier than they would if they were in a local relationship.

There is 100% nothing wrong with you wanting commitment from him before upping your entire life and moving to another continent.

There is 100% nothing wrong with him wanting to test the waters a bit before committing to marriage.  To see what life is like day-to-day for an extended period of time.

However, with immigration, his choice isn't an option...   ::)

• Liked: 342
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 04:47:06 PM »
Is there a third option we're not seeing?

These are all the work visas.
https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab