Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Application Refund Request - Input please  (Read 448 times)

• Liked: 2
Application Refund Request - Input please
« on: July 18, 2018, 01:45:54 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just have some questions about the application refund.  We submitted our application on June 8th, shortly after I realized that we didn’t have the documentations we needed for the application.  I then requested for the refund 3 days later. 

It’s now July 18th, so it’s been 28 working days since the request.  They’ve said it may take up to 28 days to get the refund.

I called the hotline for questions and they said they will escalate the request as it’s past the time frame now. 

The lady I spoke to was asking me for a 13 digit number which I don’t have.  The payment email only quoted a GWFnumber as reference, but she’s saying that it’s not that,  as it’s all supposed to be numbers.  She said they need that 13 digit payment reference number.  Has anyone here got a 13 digit reference number when they paid for their visa?  I read to her the entire payment confirmation email to prove to her I only have that GWF number but she’s not believing me.

My other question is can I just call my credit card company, and request a charge back for a non process of the refund ?  Would that affect my future applications ?

Thanks for any input.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:01:31 PM by Dlilah »
Met UK Hubby : August 2011
Married : July 2017

Re: Application Refund Request - Input please
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 06:37:37 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone had any idea about my questions on this thread.

Thanks again

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:41:26 PM »
I’d just dispute it with your credit card company.  UKVI is slooooooow.  You’ll eventually get the refund, but it does take a couple of months normally.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »
Would it affect my future applications tho ?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »
Would it affect my future applications tho ?

Haven’t a clue.  I don’t see why it would though...

• Liked: 342
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »
Haven’t a clue.  I don’t see why it would though...

Unless the payment is in process and gets paid back, meaning that money is owed to UKVI when a new application goes in?

I haven't seen anyone say they got the retrun of the fee from their credit card as as they usually wait for UKVI if they want a visa.. Some paying the fee again if they want to put another application in asap.

Have you tried emailing UKVI about the number you said you don't have? I don't know the answer, but I found this link -
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:59:59 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »
We’ve had a reply from them.

28 working days from TODAY for our visa refund.

62 working days from TODAY for our NHS refund.

No mention why it’s from today and not the start of June.

They also stated that if we do a charge back this will affect any future visa application.

What a lovely veiled threat.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 05:26:38 PM »
We’ve had a reply from them.

28 working days from TODAY for our visa refund.

62 working days from TODAY for our NHS refund.

No mention why it’s from today and not the start of June.

They also stated that if we do a charge back this will affect any future visa application.

What a lovely veiled threat.

I don't know about the fee, but for the IHS, it states on the IHS site under "refunds" that the time starts from when they make the decision (locate the application and look to see if a refund is due). Then it goes into the system behind the others wanting  a refund. Refunds are not only are for those who withdraw an application from outside the UK, but also for those who have a visa refused; those who have paid twice; partial refund for those who were given less time on the visa than asked for etc

For the chargeback-
http://www.theukcardsassociation.org.uk/individual/chargeback-for-credit-and-debit-card-purchases.asp

"There are no guarantees your issuer will be able to recover the money through chargeback or that the trader will accept that you were justified in taking the money back."

"Chargeback is a mechanism for your card issuer to reclaim money from the retailer’s bank.

This can allow your card issuer to provide you with a refund in a number of circumstances, including:

if you do not get the goods or services you paid for, including if the company has gone out of business
    if goods or services turned out to be faulty, counterfeit or defective (you will need to return the goods in order to get a refund in this case)
    if you are charged the wrong amount, or charged twice by mistake
    if you are charged for a repeat payment after cancelling a subscription"

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:59:23 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 11:06:32 PM »
Sorry Sirius we applied on the 11th June and withdrew the application on the 12th. Only now have they given us that update.

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »
A refund isn't instant and that is slow compared to the quieter times, but you can submit another application while the refund is in progress. If it makes it easier, you could reset your credit card direct debit to 'minimum payment' until the refund is credited.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:01:22 AM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links