Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK tourist visas validity  (Read 350 times)

• Liked: 2
UK tourist visas validity
« on: July 18, 2018, 06:12:14 PM »
Hello! Long story short, I was denied a 2nd spouse visa a few years ago and have been living abroad with my partner. Right now, I am in the US visiting a very sick parent  :\\\'( and he is working in the UK. We're hoping to relocate to a third country again. However, before that happens, I want to go see him and spend a little time together, because distance is hard.

It looks like I should probably get a visitor/tourist visa to enter the UK because I don't have any hard proof of my being rooted in the USA (I'm staying with family, so no lease, and I'm not working currently), which might make an immigration agent think I'm trying to sneak in.

Does anyone know how long the visa is good for once you obtain it? Like, how long can it just sit there in your passport before you need to activate it by entering the UK? If it's good for a while, I'd much rather get applying sooner rather than later and just have it ready.

Thank you!

Thank you!

• Liked: 3589
Re: UK tourist visas validity
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 06:16:21 PM »
The visa will be valid for 6 months from the start date printed on it. The date you enter the UK is not relevant in regards to the validity... it's the 'valid from' and 'valid to' dates printed on the visa sticker that are important.

When you apply for the visa, you will put in an 'Intended Travel Date' on the application form. This is date can be up to 3 months ahead of the date you apply online, and the visa should be made valid for 6 months from the Intended Travel Date you put.

• Liked: 2
Re: UK tourist visas validity
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:51:31 PM »
Cool! Thank you so much!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab