Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Standard Visitor Visa  (Read 383 times)

• Liked: 4
UK Standard Visitor Visa
« on: July 18, 2018, 10:31:55 PM »
A very early quick check:
UK Standard Visitor Visa for my father
Applicant: Father
Sponsor: Son (Spouse visa / Dependent) and Daughter in law (ILR)

I am planning to apply for 'Standard Visitor' visa for my father who will be visiting us during (Jun '19). He will be here for 3 to 4 months to spend some time with us and explore some places around UK.
1) Can I apply for my father 'Standard Visitor' visa from UK, if yes then how and where ?
2) Can we both together (husband and wife) be the sponsor for my father or it just can only be one person ?
3) What should be the minimum average balance amount that we / I need to maintain in our / my bank account for sponsoring my father ?
4) What is the minimum money my father much show in his bank account ?
5) What types of documents required for Standard Visitor Visa for my father ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:50:28 PM by Robert17 »

• Liked: 6110
Re: UK Standard Visitor Visa
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 06:51:22 AM »

I am planning to apply for 'Standard Visitor' visa for my father who will be visiting us during (Jun '19). He will be here for 3 to 4 months to spend some time with us and explore some places around UK.
1) Can I apply for my father 'Standard Visitor' visa from UK, if yes then how and where ?
2) Can we both together (husband and wife) be the sponsor for my father or it just can only be one person ?
3) What should be the minimum average balance amount that we / I need to maintain in our / my bank account for sponsoring my father ?

Have a look here Robert, these should answer some of your questions.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

• Liked: 342
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 07:52:38 AM »
Don't forget to make sure he has insurance too. If he uses the NHS and doesn't have insurance to pay, the  NHS add 50% to the bill.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 09:06:14 AM »
Have a look here Robert, these should answer some of your questions.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

thanks for the links but it does have only the general information , it doesn't answer my all 5 questions accurately , please anyone help me.

• Liked: 3595
UK Standard Visitor Visa
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 09:12:42 AM »

1) no, your father must apply in his home country, same as when you applied for your visa

2) not sure - most visitor visas don’t have a sponsor, since they are usually tourists without any family in the U.K. I suppose you could write a joint letter of invitation and show joint finances

3) you just need to show a steady income (payslips and bank statements) to show you can support him if necessary

4) there is no minimum - he just needs to show ‘enough’ money for his trip ... either in his account or by way of you supporting him with your income

5) the documents needed are listed via the links larrabee gave you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links