Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Filing for my FLR(M) and need a shoulder to lean on (or shoulders!)  (Read 1509 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Filing for my FLR(M) and need a shoulder to lean on (or shoulders!)
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 09:29:15 PM »
Sorry - back from Portugal now. I assumed someone would have answered these over the last few days (I was using the internet on my phone over the weekend and couldn't easily check the answers for you). No worries! I wasn't expecting you to drop everything, you are allowed to have a life! Thought maybe someone else could jump in :) but thanks being there for me!

First off, just to double-check you have the new version of the FLR(M) form, dated July 2018? I do! Thanks!

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/724084/flr_m_-07-18.pdf

I would probably answer as follows:
3.3 Nationality - please indicate if your sponsor has dual nationality or if they have ever held any
other nationality or nationalities

'British and US citizenship' or 'British but has dual citizenship'
3.4 Please provide details of any other nationality or nationalities your sponsor holds, or has ever
held.

'US citizenship'

No, you put the whole time he has lived in the UK, because they are checking if he was British-born (i.e. UK citizen first, then US citizen later) or if he was born abroad, moved to the UK on a visa, and then became a naturalised UK citizen (i.e. US citizen first, then UK citizen later). Ok, got it

For example:
'From birth to X date 2006 and then from Y date 2015 to Present'

When you say she is not a dependant, do you mean she is over 18?

- If she is over 18, you tick no, because they are not a child

- If she is under 18, you must include her details (plus you have to send her UK passport, birth certificate and proof of UK address).
You put the date you arrived in the UK on your current spousal visa.

This section is asking about if you are currently living in the UK legally, when you arrived on your current visa and what type of visa it is.

Ok, Thank you for all that! I have filled those things in now.  Of course I have other questions as I go along...

This one I am sure is dumb but can you use white out when you make a mistake or do you need to start all over? I'm guessing start all over?

On 6.8 It just says 2 years?  We have lived in three places since I came over but from 1/8/2016 Through to 15/5/2018 we lived in the same house. We moved in May this year and by the time I file this visa it will be at the 2 year mark on August 1st, 2018.  It's not really that important as I have given them address changes each time and there are space for three addresses but...

Photos, I know it says must be taken within the last month but I had them taken last year, exactly one year ago, I don't look any different and it's not dated on the back, do I really need to do this again?

We only need to send my husbands UK Passport with the application correct? Or do we send the United States one as well?

Of course I have a bunch of questions about the supporting documentation.  If I am not reporting my income then I would guess I shouldn't include any documentation to me from my employer who has been the local council? I have my contract, bank statements and a semi plausible Council Tax Bill with both our names on, but we don't have much with both our names. I had a very difficult time getting my husband to get me added to things.  In fact I am having a bit of melt down at the moment because he can't even locate his bloody passport.  I am losing hope he'll have anything he's promised me he's gotten!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 11:32:00 PM »
This one I am sure is dumb but can you use white out when you make a mistake or do you need to start all over? I'm guessing start all over?

Don't use White-Out... but you can just just reprint the page(s) you made a mistake on. No need to start the whole thing over again.

On 6.8 It just says 2 years?  We have lived in three places since I came over but from 1/8/2016 Through to 15/5/2018 we lived in the same house. We moved in May this year and by the time I file this visa it will be at the 2 year mark on August 1st, 2018.  It's not really that important as I have given them address changes each time and there are space for three addresses but...

2 years is the period of time you have to show you have lived together (your 6 items of correspondence in each name). So you provide all addresses you have lived at in the last 2 years.

So, you will list all the addresses you lived at between August 1st 2016 and August 1st 2018... so in your case, it looks like it will be 2 addresses in total:
- the address from 1st Aug 2016 to 15th May 2018
- your current address since 15th may 2018

Photos, I know it says must be taken within the last month but I had them taken last year, exactly one year ago, I don't look any different and it's not dated on the back, do I really need to do this again?

Yes, you do. They need to follow the guidelines exactly.

We only need to send my husbands UK Passport with the application correct? Or do we send the United States one as well?

Only the UK one, but you SHOULD NOT send the actual passport if you are applying by post. Instead, send a photocopy of every single page of his passport (even blank pages). They do not need to be certified.

Of course I have a bunch of questions about the supporting documentation.  If I am not reporting my income then I would guess I shouldn't include any documentation to me from my employer who has been the local council? I have my contract, bank statements and a semi plausible Council Tax Bill with both our names on, but we don't have much with both our names. I had a very difficult time getting my husband to get me added to things.  In fact I am having a bit of melt down at the moment because he can't even locate his bloody passport.  I am losing hope he'll have anything he's promised me he's gotten!

I would just state in the employment section that you are employed by the local council but are not using your income to meet the financial requirement... that then leaves you free to include mail addressed to you from your employer.

The 6 items of correspondence DO NOT need to be in joint names. If they are, then great, but if not, it doesn't matter.

You can send:
- 6 items in joint names
OR
- 12 items in separate names (6 each)
OR
- a combination of joint and separate items, to give 6 each (i.e. 1 joint and 10 separate, or 3 joint and 6 separate, or 5 joint and 2 separate etc.)

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 11:00:58 AM »

2 years is the period of time you have to show you have lived together (your 6 items of correspondence in each name). So you provide all addresses you have lived at in the last 2 years. *So is this the same for supporting documentation? This bit freaks me out, I'm afraid I'm not going to go back far enough or "spread" it out enough. Also, my husband never did turn off his electronic bank statements (I am sitting and watching him do it this time for my next visa!) So can you tell me exactly what he needs from the bank including dates? I plan send this application as soon as I finish it which will hopefully be by Monday.

So, you will list all the addresses you lived at between August 1st 2016 and August 1st 2018... so in your case, it looks like it will be 2 addresses in total:
- the address from 1st Aug 2016 to 15th May 2018
- your current address since 15th may 2018

Yes, you do. They need to follow the guidelines exactly. *Ok, just trying to save time and money but I get it.

Only the UK one, but you SHOULD NOT send the actual passport if you are applying by post. Instead, send a photocopy of every single page of his passport (even blank pages). They do not need to be certified. *Ok, excellent thanks for guessing my next question would be "does it need to be certified"  :)

I would just state in the employment section that you are employed by the local council but are not using your income to meet the financial requirement... that then leaves you free to include mail addressed to you from your employer. *So I can just say I'm employed but not fill in the details? I don't think there's any place to write in except for figures?

The 6 items of correspondence DO NOT need to be in joint names. If they are, then great, but if not, it doesn't matter.

You can send:
- 6 items in joint names
OR
- 12 items in separate names (6 each)
OR
- a combination of joint and separate items, to give 6 each (i.e. 1 joint and 10 separate, or 3 joint and 6 separate, or 5 joint and 2 separate etc.)
[/quote] *On this bit it's the "spread evenly across the years" that freaks me out.

And yet another question!
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 02:05:37 PM »
I have read section 7B so many times and I still don't know if I am supposed to fill it out.  If I go by (i) or (ii) then I would say no I don't need to fill it out , but the following two paragraphs make it seem as though I do.   :o Am I ever going to get through this!

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
2 years is the period of time you have to show you have lived together (your 6 items of correspondence in each name). So you provide all addresses you have lived at in the last 2 years. *So is this the same for supporting documentation? This bit freaks me out, I'm afraid I'm not going to go back far enough or "spread" it out enough. Also, my husband never did turn off his electronic bank statements (I am sitting and watching him do it this time for my next visa!) So can you tell me exactly what he needs from the bank including dates? I plan send this application as soon as I finish it which will hopefully be by Monday.

Yes, you MUST cover the last full 2 years.

You need:
- 6 documents in each name
- from at least 3 official sources
- spread evenly over the last 2 years (so 1 document in each name every 4 months)

Not sure what you mean about what your husband needs from the bank - for the financial requirements?

He either needs to get:
- 6 (or 12) months of statements mailed to him by the bank
Or
- the bank needs to print all the statements in branch
Or
- he can print the statements from online banking, but they must either be stamped by the bank on every single page, or accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming their authenticity.

*Ok, excellent thanks for guessing my next question would be "does it need to be certified"  :)

Someone else asked this the other day :P.

*So I can just say I'm employed but not fill in the details? I don't think there's any place to write in except for figures?

Maybe - I can’t remember what others have done. I’m pretty sure there’s a box that asks ‘Are you employed’ with room to write a couple of sentences.

*On this bit it's the "spread evenly across the years" that freaks me out.

As I mentioned above, they should be every 4 months. If you cannot provide enough you must write a letter explaining why not.

Really, this is something you could have been preparing for the last 2 years - in fact, it’s the only part of the FLR(M) you can start preparing as soon as you arrive on the U.K. (by getting your name added to as many items as possible, by turning off ALL paperless statements and by saving ALL your mail).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 02:34:28 PM »
I have read section 7B so many times and I still don't know if I am supposed to fill it out.  If I go by (i) or (ii) then I would say no I don't need to fill it out , but the following two paragraphs make it seem as though I do.   :o Am I ever going to get through this!

7B does NOT apply to you so you leave it completely blank.

It is only for people who are exempt from meeting the £18,600 financial requirements because their U.K. sponsor receives certain benefits.

Instead you fill out 7A under either Category A or Category B depending on your financial situation.

You cannot fill out both 7A and 7B - it’s one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 03:11:11 PM »
Ok, thanks! No to 7B. 

And yes, I meant to meet the income requirement info. Does he only need bank statements for the last 12 months or for 24? And do we not need to send pay stubs or any of that? I read on the guidance notes I think that he can either have each page stamped or a letter from the bank on their letterhead stating that the information is valid.

I've got my card in hand now, just paid my IHS Fee and I'm ready to be done with this!

As for me I saved everything I ever got that was official, NHS, Bank, HMRC etc...I will do the same with Derek's from now on as I don't think (although we have been through this twice now!)he understands the magnitude of the situation.   I do have our rental agreement from out last house in both our names. The new rental agreement was done via email so there is no "original" so I guess we can't use that.  Thanks for the info about the 4 month intervals, that's specific and I get that. I may have a few more questions before it's all said and done. I sure wish I had you looking over my shoulder at the actual paper to make sure I didn't miss anything! Thanks so much for all your help though, so far, it means the world to me!

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »
And yes, I meant to meet the income requirement info. Does he only need bank statements for the last 12 months or for 24? And do we not need to send pay stubs or any of that? I read on the guidance notes I think that he can either have each page stamped or a letter from the bank on their letterhead stating that the information is valid.

Which financial category does he meet?

If it's Category A, he provides 6 months of payslips and bank statements. If he's salaried, each payslip must be at least £1,550 before tax. If he is non-salaried, the addition of all 6 months of payslips, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12 must be at least £18,600.

If it's Category B, he provides 12 months of payslips and bank statements. He must show he has a current salary of at least £18,600 per year AND he has earned at least £18,600 in the last 12 months.

I've got my card in hand now, just paid my IHS Fee and I'm ready to be done with this!

Are you sure you have every single document in your hands and ready to mail to UKVI? It sounds like you're only just starting to figure out which documents you need... which is something you should have all sorted out before you even start getting ready to apply and before paying the IHS.

Do you have a list of all the documents you are including? If you post it here, we can see if anything is missing.

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
Which financial category does he meet? He makes more than the required amount through salaried employment so that is category A right?

If it's Category A, he provides 6 months of payslips and bank statements. If he's salaried, each payslip must be at least £1,550 before tax. If he is non-salaried, the addition of all 6 months of payslips, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12 must be at least £18,600.

If it's Category B, he provides 12 months of payslips and bank statements. He must show he has a current salary of at least £18,600 per year AND he has earned at least £18,600 in the last 12 months.

Are you sure you have every single document in your hands and ready to mail to UKVI? It sounds like you're only just starting to figure out which documents you need... which is something you should have all sorted out before you even start getting ready to apply and before paying the IHS. No, I'm not sure of anything.  I am sure I have documents that will work, I am fighting with my husband right now about what he has.  This is an ongoing struggle not just in this circumstance but in every aspect of our marriage. Though at times like this I want to cause bodily harm. He is the worlds worst procrastinator. I have hounded him since I moved here.  Anyway.... here is what I have

Do you have a list of all the documents you are including? If you post it here, we can see if anything is missing.
[/quote
I have cover letter original on company letterhead and signed by agent accompanying the copy of the lease in both our names (lease itself is not original) Dated July 28th 2016

I also have a letter from Letting Protection Scotland in both our names dated 01 August 2016

Council Tax in both our names at previous address (says Mr. D Miller & Mrs. M Miller)
 March and May 2017
 September 2016
August 2015 (at original address which is prior to 2 years so maybe shouldn't be used?

I have a letter from HMRC with my tax code info, in my name only dated June 2017
2 of these from my husband dated July 2017, March 2017,

Husband has Written Statement of Employment Particulars from Fife Council from new job though it has previous address on it, Dated May 2018 (original on letterhead)

I have a letter from my new doctors practice and new address (been here since May 2018) Dated 13 07 2018
Bank Statement for me in new address
Husband has one letter to new address for TV License (only have a valid until date on it 31/12/2018)
Scottish Power Bill at New Address dated 29th May 2018

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
He makes more than the required amount through salaried employment so that is category A right?

Not necessarily.

For Category A, he must have:
- been with his current employer for at least 6 months
- been earning at least £18,600 (before tax) for at least 6 months
... so you provide 6 months of payslips and bank statement, plus an employer letter, to prove that. His original job contract and P60 are optional but recommended

For Category B:
- he has been with his current employer for LESS than 6 months and/or has been earning £18,600 for less than 6 months, but he NOW earns a salary of at least 6 months
AND
- he has earned at least £18,600 (before tax) in the last 12 months
... so you provide 12 months of payslips and bank statements to prove the 12 months of income, along with an employer letter. Plus the job contract and P60.

No, I'm not sure of anything.  I am sure I have documents that will work, I am fighting with my husband right now about what he has.  This is an ongoing struggle not just in this circumstance but in every aspect of our marriage. Though at times like this I want to cause bodily harm. He is the worlds worst procrastinator. I have hounded him since I moved here.  Anyway.... here is what I have

Looking at your documents list, you seem to be missing a large majority of the required documents. You've only listed the 6 documents in each name, but what about all of the other required documents?

Here's my general list of documents you need:

Applicant (US citizen)
- Printed FLR(M) application form
- Receipt for IHS surcharge payment
- Your US passport
- Your BRP card
- 2 UK size passport photos with your full name on the back
- Any other passports you have held since arriving in the UK

Sponsor (UK citizen)
- 1 passport photo with his full name on the back
- a photocopy of every single page of his passport

Accommodation
- original tenancy agreement with both your names on

Finances
Category A:
- 6 months of original payslips showing earnings of at least £18,600 before tax (£1,550 per month before tax if salaried). They must be original, official payslips printed by the company, or if printed from online, they must be accompanied by a letter from his employer confirming authenticity. The latest must be dated within 28 days of applying.
- 6 months of original bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip, they must be either originals sent in the post, or originals printed in branch, or online banking print-outs that are either stamped on every page by the bank or accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the bank The latest must be dated within 28 days of applying.
The payslips and bank statements must cover the SAME 6 month period, and not a day less... which means you may need to send 7 months to cover every single day of the 6 months
- original letter from his current employer, dated in the last 28 days of applying, stating:
1) current employment and salary
2) length of employment
3) length of time earning his current salary,
4) the type of employment (full or part time, permanent or temporary)
Optional but recommended as the guidance says they may ask for them:
- original job contract
- latest P60

Relationship evidence
- marriage certificate
- any divorce decrees from previous marriages
- 1 photo of you together
- your 6 items of correspondence

You should also include photocopies of all original documents you wish to be returned to you.

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 04:37:20 PM »
In regards to the 6 items of correspondence, you should ideally include documents from:

July 2016
November 2016
March 2017
July 2017
November 2017
March 2018
(Extra: July 2018)

At the moment, you have:

July 2016
1. I have cover letter original on company letterhead and signed by agent accompanying the copy of the lease in both our names (lease itself is not original) Is the letter in both names? (Source 1)
or
1. letter from Letting Protection Scotland dated 1st August

November 2016:
2. ??

March 2017
3. Joint: Council Tax (Source 2)

June/July 2017:
4. Individual HMRC letters (Source 3)

November 2017
5. ??

March 2018
6. ??

Normally, people will use things like bank statements to make up the other documents, since they are issued monthly,  so you can pick and choose the months you use, but if your husband did not turn off paperless statements, this may not be an option for you (do you have paper bank statements you can use?)

Do you have any of the following that you can use:
- water bills
- gas bills
- electricity bills
- phone/internet bills
- NHS letters
- DVLA letters
- bank statements

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 04:43:22 PM »
Sorry, I was just listing the correspondence bit. Does that look ok?

I do have the form of course (not totally completed yet but nearly)
passports (will make copy of his)
Doing Photos for both of us
BRP card is listed on form and will be enclosed
Our marriage License
Divorce Degree for both of our previous marriages
one photo of the two of us together
receipt for IHS Payment

I don't know how to get an original of our lease as our landlord sent it to us via email, so his copy is electronic also. It is a private landlord and not a company. Is there anything that can be done about that? Like, can he sign it in blue ink or something? 

Does the tenancy agreement I mentioned in the previous post count for correspondence as it has a covering letter that is original? After posting this I saw you asked about the letter and yes it's in both our names

Of course his side of it will have to be done, the financial side I mean and he will be category B as he changed jobs in May.  He earns the same salary and does the same job just for a different council as he is a teacher.  Thanks for laying all that out, I am going to print that for him.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:59:28 PM by MelfromLou »

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 04:48:40 PM »
Sorry, I was just listing the correspondence bit. Does that look ok?

Ah, sorry - I meant, every single document you were including in the package. I've posted above about your correspondence. At the moment, it looks like you only have about half of the documents you need.

I don't know how to get an original of our lease as our landlord sent it to us via email, so his copy is electronic also. It is a private landlord and not a company. Is there anything that can be done about that? Like, can he sign it in blue ink or something? 

No, just send a printout of the digital copy.

Does the tenancy agreement I mentioned in the previous post count for correspondence as it has a covering letter that is original?

It can do, but I would make a note in a cover letter that it is being used for one of your correspondence pieces.

Of course his side of it will have to be done, the financial side I mean and he will be category B as he changed jobs in May.  He earns the same salary and does the same job just for a different council as he is a teacher.  Thanks for laying all that out, I am going to print that for him.

Cool :). Yeah, he'll be Category B, so he'll need all 12 months of the payslips and bank statements.

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »
Oh my god. I am so freaking stressed out! We are down to the last few things waiting to be sent,  bank statements:(we went to get them and they don't print them in the branch, they have to mail them to us. I swear they don't do anything in the actual banks anymore!) and letter from his current employer stating authenticity of his employment for his self printed pay slips as they do not do hard copies. We are nearly there and today I got an email from the HR department at my work that I need to send them my "new visa" in order to keep my job! Everyone is on holiday, I've tried contacting my Head Teacher (I work in a school) and the business manager.  Even when I apply (which I hope will be in the next few days) it takes 8 weeks (ish) to be approved and that's if I'm approved.  I literally feel like I'm going to vomit!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »
Oh my god. I am so freaking stressed out! We are down to the last few things waiting to be sent,  bank statements:(we went to get them and they don't print them in the branch, they have to mail them to us. I swear they don't do anything in the actual banks anymore!) and letter from his current employer stating authenticity of his employment for his self printed pay slips as they do not do hard copies. We are nearly there and today I got an email from the HR department at my work that I need to send them my "new visa" in order to keep my job! Everyone is on holiday, I've tried contacting my Head Teacher (I work in a school) and the business manager.  Even when I apply (which I hope will be in the next few days) it takes 8 weeks (ish) to be approved and that's if I'm approved.  I literally feel like I'm going to vomit!

You only need to have applied for your next visa before the current on expires for your leave to be protected under the immigration rules.

Show them this from the guidance notes.

.14. Your status while your application is being considered
If you and any dependants apply before the end of your permitted stay in the UK, your/their existing immigration status, including any permission to work, will continue until your/their application(s) is/are decided.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/720284/FLR_M_Guidance_Notes_July_2018_final.pdf

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab