Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa- VERY details questions :)  (Read 336 times)

• Liked: 10
Spouse Visa- VERY details questions :)
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:06:33 AM »
Hello all!

I'm in the process of building a visa application binder to temporarily hold everything together, keep it in order, and identify what I'm missing. On each page I am listing the required document and as much information about where/how to get it and what it needs to include as I can. This will be a lengthy post, but if you could help on any of the categories it would be much appreciated!! (I am applying for a spouse visa).

Tab 1- Applicant Details
1. Priority processing receipt- what is the website to order priority processing? Which one should I get? (I've read gold is no good?)
2. Contents letter- Who is it addressed to? Should I state the documents included in each category? What about a table of contents with page numbers?
3. Shipping label- I've read posts with several different companies, who should I ship with? Do you have their website? Price range? Is this the return shipping label that I'll get when I purchase 2-way shipping?
4. Printed Online Application with IHS# written on top- I have the website for this...but when is the IHS# assigned? (see #7 as well)
5. Appendix 2- I have the website for this
6. Biometrics Confirmation stamped @ appointment- Is this a piece of paper they will give me at the appointment? Can I request a copy at the appointment?
7. IHS confirmation and receipt- need more info on this please
8. Applicant's passport- do you literally just put the passport in between the pages of the application? Should I put it in one of those clear page protectors so it isn't sliding around?
9. Passport picture- same question as #8. Are the picture size requirements different in the UK to the US?

Tab 2- Sponsor Details
1. Color copy of photo page of spouse's passport- is it just the photo page? Does this need to be certified or anything or can he just put it on a copier?
2. Cover letter of relationship stating how we meet each category for the visa- got this covered

Tab 3- Finances
1. 6 months pay slips on Army letterhead paper- less than 28 days old
2. 6 months bank statements on bank letterhead paper- less than 28 days old
3. Letter (on Army letterhead) from spouse's boss (current job title and salary, length of employment, length of time earning current salary, type of employment- what does "type of employment" mean? Like salaried vs. fixed term, etc.?
4. Spouse's work contract on Army letterhead
5. Spouse's latest P60

Tab 4- Accommodation (I'll be living with his mum initially until we get our own place)
1. Land registry document- can download from land registry website (anyone know what that website is?)
2. Letter from homeowner- She must include her permission for me to live there, state that the home won't be overcrowded, anything else?

Tab 5- Evidence of relationship
1. Official marriage license
2. 2 pictures of us- should I just tape them to a piece of paper and write a short caption underneath?
3. Boarding passes- again just taped to paper
4. Letters/cards sent to each other- how many? Should I tape these to a piece of paper as well so they can be easily read?
5. Evidence of communication- I've got 1-2 screenshots from each month we've been together, was going to print them as pictures and tape them in chronological order (4 per page) with small date caption underneath?

When the application is complete- how do you send it? As a stack of loose papers? (in an envelope of course) Any folder or sting around it?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Spouse Visa- VERY details questions :)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 11:26:57 AM »
Hey,

- the website to order priority processing is here. This link will take you right to the priority service:
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html#Settlement-priority-visa-service

Only purchase the Settlement Priority Service for $793, and NOT the Gold one, as it is a terrible service and a complete waste of money.

2. All letters should be addressed to ‘The Entry Clearance Officer’
It should state:
- visa type and preferred start date (intended travel date)
- explanation of any complicated circumstances (criminal convictions, previous refused visas etc)
- a list of the documents in the package

- you can purchase pre-paid, fixed price UPS shipping labels at the same time as priority service (same link as above). You can choose either just return shipping for $165 or 2-way for $265

- You will be directed to purchase the IHS when you submit the online application

- you will need to print the biometrics appointment confirmation when you submit the online application and then you take it with you to your appointment. You won’t be able to attend the appointment without it.

- as above

- no, just place the passport with your documents. No plastic protectors should be used. You must also include ALL previous passports you have ever held

- same with the passport photo. Doesn’t matter which size as it’s not used for the visa anyway

- just the photo page of the sponsor’s passport. It can be certified by a Post Office but a copy is usually okay

- type of employment for the letter is:
Full or part time
Temporary or permanent

- Land Registry website is here:
https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

- that’s pretty much all for the letter of permission

- for the relationship evidence DO NOT tape anything to paper. Leave it all loose.
- for the screenshot, you just want screenshots of dates and times, no message content or annotation at all... you should be able to get 20-30 messages on 1 Page.

- just place everything in piles, and place in the envelope. You can use string or rubber bands if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 10
Re: Spouse Visa- VERY details questions :)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 12:24:34 PM »
Thank you so much!! Incredibly helpful!

Sponsored Links