Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Stock up on salsa and tums!!! lol  (Read 887 times)

• Liked: 49
Stock up on salsa and tums!!! lol
« on: August 05, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »
Hello! This is about food but a bit about meds too! I am sitting here with a wonky stomach and thinking I sure would like a big ol bottle of TUMS! Yes they have things here for sour stomachs but if anyone knows where you can get TUMS or a store brand I would love to know! Also anyone coming over from the US if you are a salsa lover that loves variety stock up on it! The "weird" kind like mango or peach mixed beans etc...it is non-existant here! They do have fresh salsa ( basic kind) in many stores but not a variety so this year I grew a ton of cilantro aka coriander and made my own. and I know this topic has been covered but if you need any over the counter med in a large quantity stock up! You can get meds like aspirin or ibuprofen here but they come in tiny quantities in blister packages...sooooo many blister packages on everythinggg!!! lol  Not griping because I am so happy here ( Scotland) and you will find new things but just a few things I miss today! Oh, one more thing, it is quite hard to find anything to cook Mexican food; if you are used to the big GOYA section in the US it is non-existant. Even fresh jalapenos are hard to find so I use just small hot peppers in my salsa. Will defiantly grow peppers next year.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Stock up on salsa and tums!!! lol
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 11:18:29 AM »
You can find Tums on both Amazon and Ebay :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:23:01 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »
You can find Tums on both Amazon and Ebay :)
But they aren't the 1200's.

And you can buy the weak Tums at Tesco and Boots.

My daughter brought me 2 big bottles of naproxen, my 10,000 iu liquid Vitamin D and liquid laxatives. (I have problems. Lol)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »
Omg I hear ya!!! That is another thing, no magnesium citrate or Mirilax!!! They have that movical but it pales in comparison! Thank God they have Imodium! I have issues too!xx
But they aren't the 1200's.

And you can buy the weak Tums at Tesco and Boots.

My daughter brought me 2 big bottles of naproxen, my 10,000 iu liquid Vitamin D and liquid laxatives. (I have problems. Lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Liked: 676
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 12:37:31 PM »
Your daughter loves you.  ;D

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 12:41:37 PM »
Omg I hear ya!!! That is another thing, no magnesium citrate or Mirilax!!! They have that movical but it pales in comparison! Thank God they have Imodium! I have issues too!xx
I bought magnesium citrate powder in Amsterdam. I'll see how that works. You can buy it on Amazon too.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »
Your daughter loves you.  ;D
She does!

Last time she brought me flea powder for the cat and it exploded in her suitcase. 

She will only bring me small quantities of essentials now and nothing powder. Lol

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 01:26:51 PM »
I have two Costco sized bottles of Tums that are expired.  Bought them when I was pregnant thinking I’d need them but didn’t.  If you guys aren’t put off by expiration dates, I can post them.  I don’t think I’ve tossed them...

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »
I bought magnesium citrate powder in Amsterdam. I'll see how that works. You can buy it on Amazon too.

I saw they have capsules here but the liquid in the glass bottles works so well. When I go back to the states customs will think I have serious issues! Lol

• Liked: 957
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »
Magnesium oxide gel caps work for tummy issues too, and plain baking soda stirred into water.

I just bought a pepper plant, gonna make sriracha for my husband :) (it's pretty, the pot black variety)

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 03:30:10 PM »
Margo! You were in my initial group for our fist visa! Hope you are doing well!x
Magnesium oxide gel caps work for tummy issues too, and plain baking soda stirred into water.

I just bought a pepper plant, gonna make sriracha for my husband :) (it's pretty, the pot black variety)

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 03:33:11 PM »
So kind to think of us! I will send a message if I do. Bought something to suffice for now but thank you!x
I have two Costco sized bottles of Tums that are expired.  Bought them when I was pregnant thinking I’d need them but didn’t.  If you guys aren’t put off by expiration dates, I can post them.  I don’t think I’ve tossed them...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab