Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bringing prescription medication into the UK  (Read 750 times)

• Liked: 10
Bringing prescription medication into the UK
« on: August 07, 2018, 08:50:36 AM »
Hi, I may need to bring some prescription pain medication (on the "controlled substance" list) into the uk for a one month trip in the future. I saw on the uk gov website that I would need to bring a letter signed by my doctor detailing all of the pertinent info regarding the prescription.

What I'm wondering is who do I show the letter to? The customs agent when I land or the declaration booth near baggage claim? Or nobody at all?

Thank you in advance.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Bringing prescription medication into the UK
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:49:18 AM »
Hi, I may need to bring some prescription pain medication (on the "controlled substance" list) into the uk for a one month trip in the future. I saw on the uk gov website that I would need to bring a letter signed by my doctor detailing all of the pertinent info regarding the prescription.

What I'm wondering is who do I show the letter to? The customs agent when I land or the declaration booth near baggage claim? Or nobody at all?

Thank you in advance.

I can't imagine you'd actually need a letter.  I would think the original prescription packaging would be enough.  But it would only be a show if asked kind of thing.  You don't need to declare it.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 05:58:50 PM »
Thank you for the response!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:05:45 PM »
I just want to make sure you know that if the prescription medicine is cannabis based, those are still banned from the UK without significant justification and applications by a UK GP/consultant for permission from home office. But most meds you just bring them in your carry on, in their original bottles, and you won't have issues. I usually traveled with a full pharmacy! And if there are any OTC meds you rely on make sure you bring those too, as some may be prescription here or unavailable.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:45:07 PM by margo »

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 08:43:37 PM »
It's not cannabis-based but thank you for the heads up! And thanks for the info and tips.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab