Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sad that I have to leave my cat  (Read 1899 times)

• Liked: 250
Sad that I have to leave my cat
« on: August 08, 2018, 09:18:34 PM »
I've had my little ball of fur for three years now. I rescued her from a kill shelter when she was 3 years old. Her name is HoneyBun<3
As my moving date approaches (Still waiting on an email from Sheffield) I'm beginning to realize just how hard it's going to be to leave her behind.

Let me just clarify: I am not bringing her back to a shelter, releasing her into the wild or giving her away to a stranger.

I live with my aunt, who has 7 cats, including mine. She's offered to adopt Buns for me (Though Buns is pretty much my aunt's cat already)
I moved in with my aunt 2 1/2 years ago. She doesn't work, so she's available to give the cats full attention, snacks, and lovin' all day.

There are several things stopping me from taking her with me when I move:
1. The expense. I am already strapped so tight for money, paying for her pet passport, shots, etc. Is just a huge added expense that I can't afford right now.
2. My husband is allergic to cats. He's offered to "take medicine" but I don't want to put him through that.
3. I don't think she'd survive the journey. She's really skittish and frightened of literally everything. I honestly believe traveling would either kill her or have some negative effects on her health. She cries and cries if she's even held. I also heard something about quarantine. I don't think I'd have the same cat after that trauma.
4. Once I'm in the UK and working, me and my husband will both be working and my cat will go from constant attention and companionship to being alone all the time. I don't want that for her.

I genuinely believe she'll be happier here, in a familiar house with familiar cats and a loving carer.

I think I'm just feeling sad that I have to leave my fur baby, even though I came to terms with that months ago :(
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Sad that I have to leave my cat
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 09:30:39 PM »
I've had my little ball of fur for three years now. I rescued her from a kill shelter when she was 3 years old. Her name is HoneyBun<3
As my moving date approaches (Still waiting on an email from Sheffield) I'm beginning to realize just how hard it's going to be to leave her behind.

Let me just clarify: I am not bringing her back to a shelter, releasing her into the wild or giving her away to a stranger.

I live with my aunt, who has 7 cats, including mine. She's offered to adopt Buns for me (Though Buns is pretty much my aunt's cat already)
I moved in with my aunt 2 1/2 years ago. She doesn't work, so she's available to give the cats full attention, snacks, and lovin' all day.

There are several things stopping me from taking her with me when I move:
1. The expense. I am already strapped so tight for money, paying for her pet passport, shots, etc. Is just a huge added expense that I can't afford right now.
2. My husband is allergic to cats. He's offered to "take medicine" but I don't want to put him through that.
3. I don't think she'd survive the journey. She's really skittish and frightened of literally everything. I honestly believe traveling would either kill her or have some negative effects on her health. She cries and cries if she's even held. I also heard something about quarantine. I don't think I'd have the same cat after that trauma.
4. Once I'm in the UK and working, me and my husband will both be working and my cat will go from constant attention and companionship to being alone all the time. I don't want that for her.

I genuinely believe she'll be happier here, in a familiar house with familiar cats and a loving carer.

I think I'm just feeling sad that I have to leave my fur baby, even though I came to terms with that months ago :(

You've obviously given it a lot of thought and it's brave of you to do the right thing for your kitty.  Well done.  :)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 10:59:48 PM »
It's definitely a difficult decision but you've made the right one.

I too had to leave behind my pets. My dog, Baby, was rehomed to Ohio with my ex husbands uncle. He's now a very happy farm dog.

My son and his fiance took my cat Irwin.

I miss them both but they are happy and still much loved.

Hugs to you!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 250
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:44:49 PM »
It's definitely a difficult decision but you've made the right one.

I too had to leave behind my pets. My dog, Baby, was rehomed to Ohio with my ex husbands uncle. He's now a very happy farm dog.

My son and his fiance took my cat Irwin.

I miss them both but they are happy and still much loved.

Hugs to you!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the hugs! Aw, a farm dog?? so he has lots of room to run around? That' so important for doggo's!
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab