Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for my husbands spouse visa  (Read 6953 times)

• Liked: 21
Preparing for my husbands spouse visa
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:53:24 PM »
Hello,

I know there are so many posts like this and although I am reading those I wanted to start my own so I could keep track of any questions I ask.

I want to start gathering our conversation data, we've been talking for nearly 5 years across Facebook messenger, Skype and Google Hangouts.

How do you suggest gathering and organising everything?

We've messaged and called across all 3 of these platforms.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 07:03:44 PM by bubblehits »
First Met: December 2013
Married: June 29th 2018
He Submitted: 18th May 2019
Passport arrived back - APPROVED: 10th September 2019
Landed in the UK: 25th September 2019

FLR (M) Submitted: 19th March 2022
Biometrics Appointment: 4th April 2022

• Liked: 31
Re: Preparing for my husbands spouse visa
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 07:38:58 PM »
Hi there!

My husband took screenshots of different messages, call logs, and things like that. I've also heard that you get chat history from different platforms like facebook, whats app, etc.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 08:37:12 PM »
Hello,

I know there are so many posts like this and although I am reading those I wanted to start my own so I could keep track of any questions I ask.

I want to start gathering our conversation data, we've been talking for nearly 5 years across Facebook messenger, Skype and Google Hangouts.

How do you suggest gathering and organising everything?

We've messaged and called across all 3 of these platforms.
I only had about 2 years that I could document due to the systems deleting logs of a certain age, so I took screenshots showing message date and time w/ my husband and scattered evenly across the time frame. You only want a few pages worth of messages, and no message content, so a couple messages every 3-4 months would probably suffice, along with any boarding passes or flight details, and possibly any correspondence like cards (1 or 2). You can explain what you are providing for relationship evidence in your cover letter, so that was where I explained why I didn't have chat logs covering the whole relationship. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 10:48:24 PM »
Having a basic look through all of our messages so far we might have an issue that I want to ask about.

So we started talking on facebook in 2013, in 2014 we moved over to Skye, using Facebook just for pictures.

We've downloaded our skype history and on his, his history goes back as far as 2016 and mine only goes back as 2017.

I also no longer have boarding passes or the e-ticket for my first flight out to visit him in 2014.

Is this an issue and what can we do to make sure we cover the gap. We've talked every single day since we first met in 2013 so it's concerning that we have missing messages.

• Liked: 250
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 10:54:38 PM »
Having a basic look through all of our messages so far we might have an issue that I want to ask about.

So we started talking on facebook in 2013, in 2014 we moved over to Skye, using Facebook just for pictures.

We've downloaded our skype history and on his, his history goes back as far as 2016 and mine only goes back as 2017.

I also no longer have boarding passes or the e-ticket for my first flight out to visit him in 2014.

Is this an issue and what can we do to make sure we cover the gap. We've talked every single day since we first met in 2013 so it's concerning that we have missing messages.

do you have the e-mail with the boarding pass/itinerary? you might be able to print it. I know it was a while back but most airlines send e-mails of that stuff so you might have it archived way back when!
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 11:00:37 PM »
do you have the e-mail with the boarding pass/itinerary? you might be able to print it. I know it was a while back but most airlines send e-mails of that stuff so you might have it archived way back when!

I did find the email with the itinerary on but it doesn't include the boarding pass. I wasn't sure if the itinerary counted towards the evidence.
I went to BA and asked them if they would have my receipt on record they directed me to a link where I could request one but it has to be for a trip in the last 12 months. So doesn't help me.

• Liked: 85
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 12:00:56 AM »
I did find the email with the itinerary on but it doesn't include the boarding pass. I wasn't sure if the itinerary counted towards the evidence.
I went to BA and asked them if they would have my receipt on record they directed me to a link where I could request one but it has to be for a trip in the last 12 months. So doesn't help me.

I no longer had any of my boarding passes, since I only get paper ones, so I only included itineraries. Granted I haven't been approved (yet, I hope) but itineraries should be fine, I think!
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 12:30:53 AM »

That's essentially what I explained in my letter. They want to know your relationship is genuine, covering every year is a plus but if you are missing something it won't be the reason for rejection. I included a Christmas card from the year of chats I didn't have and the flight email, which you also likely have the passport stamp for.

People mainly run into issues on the unmarried partner visa because they have to prove they lived together every month of the previous 2 years, usually with mail, and they don't always have that saved ahead of time for every month.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 03:52:30 PM »
Can anyone give me a list of everything needed for this application, please?
I have printed the "guide to supporting documents" from the government website but it's not always the easiest to understand and my husband is really really nervous (as he would be) about getting this right.

We have some gaps in our conversation history (2014-2016) because Skype has deleted it, and I don't have all my boarding passes/e-tickets from my flights to visit him, although I have the itineraries. I'm also looking to change my name soon which means getting a new passport and he wants to make sure I don't need to show my entry stamps when I send him my sponsor documents for the application.

We just need a solid concrete list of what exactly we should be providing that is easy to understand.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 04:04:26 PM »
Can anyone give me a list of everything needed for this application, please?
I have printed the "guide to supporting documents" from the government website but it's not always the easiest to understand and my husband is really really nervous (as he would be) about getting this right.

We have some gaps in our conversation history (2014-2016) because Skype has deleted it, and I don't have all my boarding passes/e-tickets from my flights to visit him, although I have the itineraries. I'm also looking to change my name soon which means getting a new passport and he wants to make sure I don't need to show my entry stamps when I send him my sponsor documents for the application.

We just need a solid concrete list of what exactly we should be providing that is easy to understand.

There is no one list as everyones situation is different.
How are you meeting the financial requirement? What will the situation be regarding accommodation?

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »
There is no one list as everyones situation is different.
How are you meeting the financial requirement? What will the situation be regarding accommodation?

I will be meeting the financial requirement with my salaried employment, we aren't applying till April because it'll take me till about Feb/Mar to build up the 6 months worth of payslips (only just got a payrise).

I currently live in a rented flat and will be asking my landords permission for him to stay here when I renew my lease in March.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »
I will be meeting the financial requirement with my salaried employment, we aren't applying till April because it'll take me till about Feb/Mar to build up the 6 months worth of payslips (only just got a payrise).

I currently live in a rented flat and will be asking my landords permission for him to stay here when I renew my lease in March.

That's great.

For the accommodation requirement, you will need your lease and a letter from the landlord granting permission for him to live there when the visa is approved.

For the financial documents, you will need a full 6 months worth of pay slips and not a day less.
A full 6 months of bank statements covering the same time period and showing all the deposits, you will probably need to include 7 months to get the correct overlap.
A letter from your employer (see FM-SE)
Original job contract and P60 are optional but recommended

For the relationship evidence,
Your marriage certificate,
any divorce certificates,
You will also need to write a letter of sponsorship.
A few photos of the two of you together.
Evidence of how you have kept in touch for the length of the relationship.
Boarding passes for trips to see each other.
Physical letters/cards you have given to each other.

Also include, all the receipts for payment, IHS, priority etc his passport, your passport copy preferably notarised, return shipping information, stamped biometric letter, passport photo,
Printed online application, appendix 2

That's just off the top of my head so do run your list by us before you apply,

Read this carefully too. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 12:38:52 AM »
Which documents do I need to make sure are within that 28 day time frame?  I'm wondering about what I can prepare ahead of time to make it easier on us.

• Liked: 85
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 01:15:50 AM »
Which documents do I need to make sure are within that 28 day time frame?  I'm wondering about what I can prepare ahead of time to make it easier on us.

Assuming you rent and are using salaried employment:
The landlord's letter, employment letter, most recent payslip and bank statement, letter(s) of support, applicant's passport photo (in theory, probably just has to be recent but I think they say within the last 30 days).

So basically what you can get together is: employment contract, latest P60, tenancy agreement, photos/WhatsApp messages/etc, any divorce certificates if applicable, marriage certificate, write your letter(s) of support and wait to sign them.

+ you can fill out the online application and just not submit it, but I think it'll only save it for 3-6 months... someone can correct me on that!
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 02:17:10 AM »
Assuming you rent and are using salaried employment:
The landlord's letter, employment letter, most recent payslip and bank statement, letter(s) of support, applicant's passport photo (in theory, probably just has to be recent but I think they say within the last 30 days).

Not quite. Only the financial documents have to be dated within 28 days (not 30 days).

So, the ONLY documents that must be dated within 28 days of the online application date are:
- latest payslip
- latest bank statement
- employer letter

That's it. NOTHING else has to be dated within 28 days.

Ideally you want the other documents dated as close to the application date as you can, but it's not a requirement at all.

Sponsored Links