Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for my husbands spouse visa  (Read 6940 times)

• Liked: 21
Re: Preparing for my husbands spouse visa
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2019, 02:01:35 PM »
I know I've asked about my husbands cover letter before but he had a few more questions he wanted me to ask about that and the VAF4a form.

For the cover letter:
how should it be structured? how much personal information should I put into it, goal-wise? How in-depth should I go about the relationship? Should I make big emphasis on the reasons why we chose the UK?

For the form:
Is it ok to leave areas blank, we are applying using CatA so do we right N/A on the sections about the other categories or leave them blank. We saw in the self employed section it asks for my national insurance number again, do I fill it in again or no because we arent applying using self employment.
First Met: December 2013
Married: June 29th 2018
He Submitted: 18th May 2019
Passport arrived back - APPROVED: 10th September 2019
Landed in the UK: 25th September 2019

FLR (M) Submitted: 19th March 2022
Biometrics Appointment: 4th April 2022

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »
For the cover letter:
how should it be structured? how much personal information should I put into it, goal-wise? How in-depth should I go about the relationship? Should I make big emphasis on the reasons why we chose the UK?

It’s facts only. No personal feelings.

- 1 paragraph per visa requirement.
- 1 sentence on reason for choosing the U.K.

So,
Paragraph 1: U.K. sponsor’s eligibility to be a sponsor (UK citizenship)
Paragraph 2: employment details
Paragraph 3: accommodation address and details
Paragraph 4: facts of the relationship (date you met, date you entered into a relationship, how you keep in contact, how often you visit each other, date and location of engagement and wedding, reason for settling in U.K.)

For the form:
Is it ok to leave areas blank, we are applying using CatA so do we right N/A on the sections about the other categories or leave them blank. We saw in the self employed section it asks for my national insurance number again, do I fill it in again or no because we arent applying using self employment.

You only fill out the parts that apply to you and leave the rest blank. Do not fill out any of the other financial sections except 3A.

So you fill out:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3A
And leave the rest blank, unless you have anything you want to put in Part 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2019, 06:23:24 PM »
Final hurdle, I think hubby is ready to submit his application tomorrow - it got delayed due to family issues.
He's doing one last check of everything and wants to know if he needs to tick anything on 3.63, 3.73 and 3.77 on the VAF4A form - they are all questions that ask if that category combined with the category we are applying under meet or exceed the financial requirement.

The answer is yes, but, we are only using Cat A so I'm correct in saying this stays blank. I know ksand basically said that in the last comment but he wanted to be 100% sure and ask again.

Oh an when he sends all the documents in does he need to include the guidance notes that come with the VAF4A form (pages 14-18) or can he leave those out.

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2019, 07:15:00 PM »
Final hurdle, I think hubby is ready to submit his application tomorrow - it got delayed due to family issues.
He's doing one last check of everything and wants to know if he needs to tick anything on 3.63, 3.73 and 3.77 on the VAF4A form - they are all questions that ask if that category combined with the category we are applying under meet or exceed the financial requirement.

The answer is yes, but, we are only using Cat A so I'm correct in saying this stays blank. I know ksand basically said that in the last comment but he wanted to be 100% sure and ask again.

If you are applying under Category A, you only answer questions:
3.4-3.12
And then you go to Part 5

Oh an when he sends all the documents in does he need to include the guidance notes that come with the VAF4A form (pages 14-18) or can he leave those out.

Not sure, but to be safe, I would include all of them.

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2019, 11:50:17 PM »
My husband submitted his application today (I removed my previous post) and his biometric appointment is next week.

He would like to know what he needs to take with him: the email confirmation or the visa4uk confirmation page with his USCIS center address and the barcodes?

« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2019, 06:02:43 AM »
You need your passport and your printed biometrics appointment confirmation sheet.

They will check your passport, stamp the sheet, take your fingerprints and photo and send you home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
I think we're at about the halfway mark for waiting to hear about my husband's visa.

It appears that someone from the 'Border Force' has searched for me on Linkedin, so i wonder if that means progress is being made and they are making checks.

« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »
My husband's visa is due back by end of day Tuesday,  he wanted me to ask you all this question:

Is the lack of contact (he didn't get an email that it had been assigned to an eco) and the time it's taken (see our timeline on my signature) a good sign or a bad sign on the visa outcome?

The email that a decision has been made also came 10 days before the potential fly date he put on his application. He's just really worried and is hoping you can say something that will make him feel more confident.

I've seen people found out about their refusal via email, is this always the case and does that happen before the passport arrives?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:09:38 PM by bubblehits »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »
My husband's visa is due back by end of day Tuesday,  he wanted me to ask you all this question:

Is the lack of contact (he didn't get an email that it had been assigned to an eco) and the time it's taken (see our timeline on my signature) a good sign or a bad sign on the visa outcome?

The email that a decision has been made also came 10 days before the potential fly date he put on his application. He's just really worried and is hoping you can say something that will make him feel more confident.

I've seen people found out about their refusal via email, is this always the case and does that happen before the passport arrives?

I've seen people mention no attachment on the email means that they were successful but as far as I know, we've not had anyone verify that on this forum so I can't say if it's true or not. It used to be the case that you didn't know either way until you received your package back. Since the latest round of changes though, I don't know.

The lack of an email means nothing at all, while most people receive them, some don't and it has no bearing on the outcome.

The timing of the decision email in relation to the anticipated date of travel means nothing either, nor does the length of time you've been waiting, it's purely a question of when they got finished with processing your application.

High anxiety is completely the norm at this stage but is there anything in particular that he's worried about?

« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2019, 01:31:38 PM »
He's worried about every aspect of his application

« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »
He's worried about every aspect of his application

If you meet the requirements and provided the correct evidence then the visa will be accepted.  :)

« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2019, 09:50:24 PM »
He says he is concerned about the following, the passport is coming tomorrow so we'll find out either way but he wants to be reassured that we did things right.

- for our chat history we print screened, cropped things and added boxes to hide the actual text of our messages but left our names, the time and date visible.

- he also wasnt sure, when filling his application in, about the section where it asks about prior visa history - he had flown out here and been denied entry and flew back home the same day - whether that counted as him being asked to leave/ removed. We did ask that question at the time of filling in the application but we never got a reply. He did include in his cover letter a description of what happened and all the paperwork from that time.

- last thing is the Vaf4a form, we applied category A so we filled that section in, and as told by ksand as you can see in my thread, left the other category sections blank but he's still unsure about it.

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2019, 03:08:13 AM »
Hi, this is the husband borrowing my wife's account since she's currently asleep. I've done a lot of research regarding my refusal of leave to enter the UK in 2018. When I filled out my application online for the spousal visa, I selected "no" under "have you been removed [...] from the UK within the last 10 years?", due to relative uncertainty of the meaning in comparison to deportation etc., but I've learned that it was indeed classified as a removal (since I was turned away). I explained the situation in full (and beyond) in my application and an included letter, being totally forthright about the incident. Will this affect the outcome of the application due to incorrect information on the application form itself? I should note that I included copies of all the forms and information I was given during the incident last year. Additionally, I selected "yes" under the question: "Have you been refused a visa for any country including the UK in the last 10 years?" due to the same uncertainty stated above.

In the additional information field, I wrote: "Have you been refused a visa for any country including the UK in the last 10 years - I am unsure of my refusal of leave to remain is classified as such, and therefore have filled in the information as a precaution. Citing: Have you been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK within the last 10 years - Unsure, selected no as I voluntarily left"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:13:41 AM by bubblehits »

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2019, 04:13:27 AM »
Hi, this is the husband borrowing my wife's account since she's currently asleep. I've done a lot of research regarding my refusal of leave to enter the UK in 2018. When I filled out my application online for the spousal visa, I selected "no" under "have you been removed [...] from the UK within the last 10 years?", due to relative uncertainty of the meaning in comparison to deportation etc., but I've learned that it was indeed classified as a removal (since I was turned away). I explained the situation in full (and beyond) in my application and an included letter, being totally forthright about the incident. Will this affect the outcome of the application due to incorrect information on the application form itself? I should note that I included copies of all the forms and information I was given during the incident last year. Additionally, I selected "yes" under the question: "Have you been refused a visa for any country including the UK in the last 10 years?" due to the same uncertainty stated above.

In the additional information field, I wrote: "Have you been refused a visa for any country including the UK in the last 10 years - I am unsure of my refusal of leave to remain is classified as such, and therefore have filled in the information as a precaution. Citing: Have you been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK within the last 10 years - Unsure, selected no as I voluntarily left"

You did exactly the right thing by explaining the situation and enclosing the paperwork. Why were you refused entry? If it was a simple refusal at the border for visiting too often, for example, you will be just fine.

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2019, 04:21:13 AM »
You did exactly the right thing by explaining the situation and enclosing the paperwork. Why were you refused entry? If it was a simple refusal at the border for visiting too often, for example, you will be just fine.

I traveled in April 2018 to the UK with the intention to visit for 5 1/2 months, without applying for a visitor visa ahead of time (since you can get one at the border) and was refused entry due to the length of time, inability to fully state plans while in the UK (I did state several places we planned to visit, but I guess he wasn't pleased) the fact that I had insufficient funds on me (my now-wife had the money for safety), discrepancies in our statements about our current and future intentions (she had said we decided we would live in the UK, I said we were still undecided. There was also a discrepancy in who purchased the ticket), the agent having reasonable doubt that I wouldn't require public funds during my stay, and a misconception that I had prior adverse visa history with Australia several years back. I had filed for a de facto partner residency visa in 2011 and I voluntarily rescinded the app in 2013 due to the relationship ending, whereas the agent incorrectly presumed there was immigration conflict. Quoting my wife's comment several months ago:

As he was due to stay for 6 months, didn't have enough evidence to prove he had sufficient funds and couldn't say what his plans where (we hadn't planned anything yet because he was meant to be here for so long) immigration thought he was here to work and refused him entry at the border and sent him back to the USA on the first flight.

When I was denied entry, I flew back under my own return ticket. Like, no legal infraction (such as contraband, etc) or conflict took place. I flew back the same day after having my biometrics logged and given my refusal paperwork. This was my first attempt to visit the UK.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:24:21 AM by bubblehits »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab