Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for my husbands spouse visa  (Read 6964 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Preparing for my husbands spouse visa
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2019, 04:24:08 AM »
I traveled in April 2018 to the UK with the intention to visit for 5 1/2 months, without applying for a visitor visa ahead of time (since you can get one at the border) and was refused entry due to the length of time, the fact that I had insufficient funds on me (my now-wife had the money for safety), discrepancies in our statements about our current and future intentions (she had said we decided we would live in the UK, I said we were still undecided. There was also a discrepancy in who purchased the ticket), the agent having reasonable doubt that I wouldn't require public funds during my stay, and a misconception that I had prior adverse visa history with Australia several years back. I had filed for a de facto partner residency visa in 2011 and I voluntarily rescinded the app in 2013 due to the relationship ending, whereas the agent incorrectly presumed there was immigration conflict. Quoting my wife's comment several months ago:

When I was denied entry, I flew back under my own return ticket.

None of that is a reason to refuse your spouse visa.  :)

• Liked: 21
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2019, 04:38:32 AM »
None of that is a reason to refuse your spouse visa.  :)

Thank you. I appreciate the quick answer. One other nagging question I've had is this: how much caseworker bias is involved in deciding a case? From my understanding, it is largely a checklist-style application where you need to prove the following:

• Financial requirements (the 18,600) plus her paystubs, letter from employer et al
I believe we filed under Category A, and left the others blank? She's salaried, and we gave the relevant documentation and bake statements. I even reviewed the certified bank documents earlier today, which covered seven monthly pay periods.
• Proof of genuine and ongoing relationship
We're missing a large swath of chat logs due to Skype's overhaul a couple years back, but we have intermittent chat/call logs through Skype/Hangouts/Facebook, as well as scanned physical cards, 4/5 photos of us together incl. marriage photos, a full color scan of the original marriage cert, a certified b/w full marriage cert from issuing office, and her prior ticket stubs for when she traveled here (which will match with her passport history.) Were we right to -not- include letters of support from friends and family?
• Letter of accommodation
Which was straightforward, landlord agreed pending right to rent, background check, etc. verbiage used.
• Information and copies of documents regarding my prior refusal
Everything I had was scanned and included, even including an explanation about the events of my Australian visa history and relevant repatriation information due to having my funds stolen.
• Prior passport
Which would provide my prior travel history information that I was lacking, such as exact dates etc. That passport was nullified upon my return to the US in 2013 following the mentioned repatriation.
• Various receipts

Did I miss anything on that shortlist?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:41:57 AM by bubblehits »
First Met: December 2013
Married: June 29th 2018
He Submitted: 18th May 2019
Passport arrived back - APPROVED: 10th September 2019
Landed in the UK: 25th September 2019

FLR (M) Submitted: 19th March 2022
Biometrics Appointment: 4th April 2022

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2019, 06:48:20 AM »
Thank you. I appreciate the quick answer. One other nagging question I've had is this: how much caseworker bias is involved in deciding a case? From my understanding, it is largely a checklist-style application where you need to prove the following:

• Financial requirements (the 18,600) plus her paystubs, letter from employer et al
I believe we filed under Category A, and left the others blank? She's salaried, and we gave the relevant documentation and bake statements. I even reviewed the certified bank documents earlier today, which covered seven monthly pay periods.
• Proof of genuine and ongoing relationship
We're missing a large swath of chat logs due to Skype's overhaul a couple years back, but we have intermittent chat/call logs through Skype/Hangouts/Facebook, as well as scanned physical cards, 4/5 photos of us together incl. marriage photos, a full color scan of the original marriage cert, a certified b/w full marriage cert from issuing office, and her prior ticket stubs for when she traveled here (which will match with her passport history.) Were we right to -not- include letters of support from friends and family?
• Letter of accommodation
Which was straightforward, landlord agreed pending right to rent, background check, etc. verbiage used.
• Information and copies of documents regarding my prior refusal
Everything I had was scanned and included, even including an explanation about the events of my Australian visa history and relevant repatriation information due to having my funds stolen.
• Prior passport
Which would provide my prior travel history information that I was lacking, such as exact dates etc. That passport was nullified upon my return to the US in 2013 following the mentioned repatriation.
• Various receipts

Did I miss anything on that shortlist?

There should be no bias at all, the caseworker should be impartial. And yes, it is a question of them being able to check off that you have met each requirement to their satisfaction.

You only complete the details on the financial category/categories which you are using.

You were correct not to include letters from friends and family, they are not a requirement.

Accommodation, was the rental agreement also provided?

• Liked: 21
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2019, 07:03:52 AM »
Wife back in now :)

My rental agreement was included in the application.
First Met: December 2013
Married: June 29th 2018
He Submitted: 18th May 2019
Passport arrived back - APPROVED: 10th September 2019
Landed in the UK: 25th September 2019

FLR (M) Submitted: 19th March 2022
Biometrics Appointment: 4th April 2022

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2019, 07:04:42 AM »
Wife back in now :)

My rental agreement was included in the application.

Great!  :)

Sponsored Links