Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparing for my husbands spouse visa  (Read 6957 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Preparing for my husbands spouse visa
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 05:54:14 AM »
Assuming you rent and are using salaried employment:
The landlord's letter, employment letter, most recent payslip and bank statement, letter(s) of support, applicant's passport photo (in theory, probably just has to be recent but I think they say within the last 30 days).

As ksand said, it's just the financial evidence which has to be dated within 28 days. Here is the relevant portion of the guidance.

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

• Liked: 21
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »
Wonderful, I spoke to my letting agent today about getting a letter, they're more than happy to write one for me when we are ready for it.

Me and husband were both so worried about how hard it would be to get everything together and in reality it doesn't seem that bad.
First Met: December 2013
Married: June 29th 2018
He Submitted: 18th May 2019
Passport arrived back - APPROVED: 10th September 2019
Landed in the UK: 25th September 2019

FLR (M) Submitted: 19th March 2022
Biometrics Appointment: 4th April 2022

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »
Wonderful, I spoke to my letting agent today about getting a letter, they're more than happy to write one for me when we are ready for it.

Me and husband were both so worried about how hard it would be to get everything together and in reality it doesn't seem that bad.

You're giving yourself the best advantage by starting your research early. By the time you are ready to apply, this will all seem like second nature to you!  :)

• Liked: 250
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 04:35:57 PM »
I was too scared to look at any of it. And when I did I was hit with an avalanche! Proud of ya'll for looking at it early!
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 04:41:45 PM »
I was too scared to look at any of it. And when I did I was hit with an avalanche! Proud of ya'll for looking at it early!

You'll find FLR much easier because you've essentially done it all before!  :)

Be sure to get your name on the bills and bank statements and switch off paperless as soon as you arrive so you have plenty to choose from for your correspondence evidence.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 04:47:38 PM »

It's not bad at all as long as you take your time to research what you need and don't rush through it.  This process is definitely a "measure twice, cut once" type of deal.  It's intimidating in the beginning, but once you step back and take a deep breath, it will eventually become a lot less scary.  :)

Plus, there's us - a whole community of crazy Americans who have been through the process and can provide support! 

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 11:03:37 PM »
The next question my husband has is about the shipping.
I'm finding the forum and the .gov guidance helpful (sometimes confusing when it comes to the .gov stuff), most of my questions are coming from my husband.

We are going to be going the non-priority route, is this done through the VFS site?

We've been having a look at it and it's really confusing.

What is the process going to be for the shipping?

• Liked: 957
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2018, 10:06:52 AM »
The next question my husband has is about the shipping.
I'm finding the forum and the .gov guidance helpful (sometimes confusing when it comes to the .gov stuff), most of my questions are coming from my husband.

We are going to be going the non-priority route, is this done through the VFS site?

We've been having a look at it and it's really confusing.

What is the process going to be for the shipping?
All shipping labels can be bought through VFS or you can choose your own courier. The return package can't be fedex though, and you'd provide your account number for them to generate the return label once the visa application is processed. The VFS labels are competitively priced and 2 day overseas shipping for up to 5lbs, and is pretty hassle free so we went with them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 12:16:36 PM »
Another question we have and a bit of a long one - I posted in another thread a while back that (before we were married) by husband flee to the UK to visit me. He didn't apply for a visa before hand because we though he would get one granted at the border.

As he was due to stay for 6 months, didn't have enough evidence to prove he had sufficient funds and couldn't say what his plans where (we hadn't planned anything yet because he was meant to be here for so long) immigration thought he was here to work and refused him entry at the border and sent him back to the USA on the first flight.

I flew ro the USA in June to get married because of this failed trip.

I'm assuming in his spouse visa application he'll have to explain what happened with the refusal and send the documents as evidence but will it complicate his chances of an approval?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 12:18:46 PM »
Another question we have and a bit of a long one - I posted in another thread a while back that (before we were married) by husband flee to the UK to visit me. He didn't apply for a visa before hand because we though he would get one granted at the border.

As he was due to stay for 6 months, didn't have enough evidence to prove he had sufficient funds and couldn't say what his plans where (we hadn't planned anything yet because he was meant to be here for so long) immigration thought he was here to work and refused him entry at the border and sent him back to the USA on the first flight.

I flew ro the USA in June to get married because of this failed trip.

I'm assuming in his spouse visa application he'll have to explain what happened with the refusal and send the documents as evidence but will it complicate his chances of an approval?

No, it won't complicate things.  But do have him address the refused entry in his cover letter and also be sure to mark the applicable bits on the application.  If he has the paperwork from his refused entry, include that with your application.  If you don't include the refusal paperwork, it may delay things by a few days while they look into the refusal and verify what you've said was true.

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 01:46:15 PM »
I'm just coming on here to have a mini rant.

At the beginning of August, I was granted a raise and was sent a letter by the HR department telling me it would be implemented on the September payroll, backdated to 1st August.

My payslip has just arrived and they haven't given me my new and backdated pay. I'm so frustrated, it was meant to be the first month that I could start building up the 6 months of payslips needed for his application.

They won't get it sorted until October so even though it's only a month, it's still a whole month that we'll have to push my husbands' visa application back next year.

I feel like we keep coming up against blocks preventing us from actually coming together. I really hope that if we can do his application in April that he could be here for our first wedding anniversary in June but I'm not holding out much hope anymore.

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »
I went and spoke to the payroll administrator today and asked if my pay will be sorted this month.

She said if it doesn't they'll have to advance pay us which means my bank statements won't match my payslips!!

Could I submit a letter from the finance department, alongside my employer letter, payslips and bank statements, saying that it has been a company error or something and I have been earning the right money?

I'm so angry because the minute we think we'll be good and able to submit at a certain time something happened change our timeline.

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »
I have a question about the financial evidence - won't be ready till March/April but I want to check ahead of time.

I get paid on the 24th of each month, my first paycheck towards this visa was on 24th October 2018 my 6th paycheck needed towards this visa will be on the 24th of March 2019, my husband wants to submit his visa the first week of April 2019.

So for the bank statements, I know they have to cover the full 6 months where the money is put into my account, how many days either side should I include to make sure I meet the requirement.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »
You need to cover every single day of the full 6 months, so if your first paycheque was on October 24th, then your 6 months will be:
October 24th to April 24th
And you must cover every day up to April 24th.

Therefore you will need the following payslips:
1. October 24th
2. November 24th
3. December 24th
4. January 24th
5. February 24th
6. March 24th
7. April 24th

And your bank statements must show the deposit of every paycheque from  Oct 24th to Apr 24th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »
Or alternatively, if your September payslip meets the requirements, you would include 7 payslips and bank statements from September to March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links