Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter  (Read 3569 times)

• Liked: 10
From their employer stating what they should have been paid be enough to satisfy the requirement?

• Liked: 3595
A few questions:
- How long ago was the incorrect pay (which month)?
- How much were they paid in that month (before tax)?
- Was it higher or lower than their normal salary?
- Which category are you applying under?
- Are they salaried or non-salaried?

If they are salaried (fixed annual salary with the same base pay each month), and you are category A, then UKVI will only consider the lowest payslip from the last 6 months... so if that incorrect payslip was below £1,550 before tax (assuming you don't have any child dependants), then the visa may be refused, regardless of whether or not the employer explains it in a letter.

However, if the amount they were paid is more than £1,550, then it won't make a difference.

Or, if you are using Category B, and they can show they have earned at least £18,600 before tax in the last 12 months, and that their current salary is more than £18,600 (and will continue at that level), the incorrect payslip shouldn't be an issue.

Either way, though, the incorrect payslip will need to be explained in the employer letter.

*fyi I am the US citizen and my wife is the UK citizen.

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delayed response.

We would be applying through category A and we believe she is a hourly. That was just more of a hypothetical. From reading it seems like they calculate the average of the past 6 months.

I have another question that is related to her payslip. She kind of works two different jobs for one company but receives one payslip per month with the total earnings. On the top of her payslip though it specifies only one job and her annual salary for that one job. Which is about half of her total salary. Do you think that could be an issue? I believe she could have her employer address it in the employer letter if need be.

Additional unrelated question that I'm asking here so I don't need to take up two topic places on the first page:

I married my wife and she changed her last name. She changed basically all of her documents to her new last name except her passport because she recently got a new one before marriage so we weren't in a rush for her to spend money on a new one if it's not necessary. Would her having her maiden name on her passport negatively affect our application when she has to send in a photo copy of her passport also showing boarding passes from visits?

Sorry for all the text and thank you for reading!

If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 02:54:46 PM »
We would be applying through category A and we believe she is a hourly. That was just more of a hypothetical. From reading it seems like they calculate the average of the past 6 months.

Yes, if she is paid hourly and does not have a fixed annual salary, the income is calculated as follows:

(Total of all 6 months of payslips / 6) x 12 = Annual Salary for the visa

I have another question that is related to her payslip. She kind of works two different jobs for one company but receives one payslip per month with the total earnings. On the top of her payslip though it specifies only one job and her annual salary for that one job. Which is about half of her total salary. Do you think that could be an issue? I believe she could have her employer address it in the employer letter if need be.

It would need to be explained by the employer and they would have to outline both jobs and state the salary for both of them.

A note though:
If she has a fixed annual salary for the one job, which is stated on the payslip then she is salaried, not paid by the hour, in which case the income will be calculated as follows:

Lowest payslip from the 6 months x 12 = Annual Salary for the visa

Is one of the jobs salaried and the other paid by the hour?

If so, they will need do to 2 different calculations:
- one for the salaried half of her income
- one for the non-salaried half

Additional unrelated question that I'm asking here so I don't need to take up two topic places on the first page:

Yes, it’s best to keep ALL your questions in one topic - it makes it much easier for us to help you if everything is in one place.

I married my wife and she changed her last name. She changed basically all of her documents to her new last name except her passport because she recently got a new one before marriage so we weren't in a rush for her to spend money on a new one if it's not necessary. Would her having her maiden name on her passport negatively affect our application when she has to send in a photo copy of her passport also showing boarding passes from visits?

No, not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
She can change her name on her passport for free if she renewed it within the last 12 months.  It is MUCH easier to change before the visa application than after.  If she plans to change it, now is the time.

She can change her name on her passport for free if she renewed it within the last 12 months.  It is MUCH easier to change before the visa application than after.  If she plans to change it, now is the time.

I started writing that, but deleted it, because I remembered she is the UK citizen with a UK passport... so it doesn't matter whether or not she changes her name on it (and I don't know if it's free or not for a UK passport)

• Liked: 4985
I started writing that, but deleted it, because I remembered she is the UK citizen with a UK passport... so it doesn't matter whether or not she changes her name on it (and I don't know if it's free or not for a UK passport)

Oh!  My mistake!

A note though:
If she has a fixed annual salary for the one job, which is stated on the payslip then she is salaried, not paid by the hour, in which case the income will be calculated as follows:

Lowest payslip from the 6 months x 12 = Annual Salary for the visa

Is one of the jobs salaried and the other paid by the hour?

If so, they will need do to 2 different calculations:
- one for the salaried half of her income
- one for the non-salaried half

We're not 100 percent sure if both are salaried or one is salaried and one hourly or if both are hourly. We'll try and find out tomorrow. You mentioning that it may be one salary and one hourly makes us think it may be that so thank you!

If one is salaried and one is hourly would they do the separate calculations and then add them together? What about if they were both salary, would they do separate calculations and then add them together?

We'd still be able to use category A though because it's still one employer correct?

So we found out today that she is paid hourly for both of her positions. And the "annual salary" section on the top of her payslip (for one of her positions) is just how much she should make based on her contact I believe.

So if on her payslip there are two separate earnings they will be calculated individually and then added together?

If she is paid hourly for both (which will need to be stated, along with the hourly wage and contracted hours, on the employer letter), they should just take the total amount on each payslip, add them all up, divide by 6 and multiply by 12.

Re: If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 12:15:23 PM »
Thank you for your responses. So out of curiosity, if one was salary and one was hourly they would calculate each then add them together?

We also plan on using savings combined with income to meet the financial requirement. They need to be stamped or verified in some way by the bank, correct?

Re: If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 12:29:35 PM »
Thank you for your responses. So out of curiosity, if one was salary and one was hourly they would calculate each then add them together?

Yes, for the salaried income they would take the lowest salaried payslip and multiply by 12.

Then for the non-salaried, they would take the average monthly income and multiply by 12.

Then they would add them both together.

We also plan on using savings combined with income to meet the financial requirement. They need to be stamped or verified in some way by the bank, correct?

All bank statements (both for savings and normal income) must either be:
- official bank statements received in the post/printed by the bank
Or
- online bank statements that are either stamped on every page by the bank or accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the bank

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 01:02:23 AM »
Thought of another question:

I have recently transferred money to my spouse's UK bank account to help meet the financial requirement. Will I need to show my US bank statements as well? Will the UKVI officer see a transfer and want to know exactly where and how that money came about?

How detailed do we need to be about the money in a savings account?

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 01:37:40 AM »
Thought of another question:

I have recently transferred money to my spouse's UK bank account to help meet the financial requirement. Will I need to show my US bank statements as well? Will the UKVI officer see a transfer and want to know exactly where and how that money came about?

How detailed do we need to be about the money in a savings account?

If you are using cash savings towards the requirement, you must show that the money has been in an account in your name or in his name (or in both names) in full for a minimum of 6 months.

So, you must provide 6 full months of bank statements showing the money has been in either your account or his account, for the entire time.

Which means that if you transfer the money to him less than 6 months before you apply, you must provide both your bank statements and his bank statements to show the money was in either your or his possession for the whole of the 6 months.

For example, say you apply on 15th October, and you transfer the money to his account on 25th September, you will need to provide:
- your bank statements covering March 15th to 25th September, showing the money in your account for those 5 months and 10 days
- his bank statement covering 25th September to 15th October (or longer), showing the money has been in his account for those last 20 days of the 6 months

Or, if you apply on 15th October, but the money was transferred to his account before 15th March, then you just provide:
- his bank statements from 15th March to 15th October

Or, if you apply on 15th October, but you do not transfer any money and just keep it all in your account then you just provide:
- your bank statements from 15th March to 15th October

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 02:42:13 AM »
Thanks for the response. I transferred the money to her account before the 6 month wait so that I don't have to obsessively follow the usd/gbp conversion rate so I plan on the money being in the UK account for 6 months before the application.

If my transfer showed on the first statement but it was technically before the 6 months of counting will they need to know more about it?

And about the savings in general do we need to provide detailed evidence or anything of where it all came from or are just  the bank statements sufficient enough?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab