Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter  (Read 3571 times)

• Liked: 3595
If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 05:35:12 AM »
If my transfer showed on the first statement but it was technically before the 6 months of counting will they need to know more about it?

Yes, you would need to explain where the money came from, because a large transfer with no explanation may cause suspicion.

And about the savings in general do we need to provide detailed evidence or anything of where it all came from or are just  the bank statements sufficient enough?

The application form will ask you to state the source of the savings, so you write it in there (I.e. savings from income).

If the bank statements show a large deposit, on them - for example, your transfer, I would explain that you transferred the money from your US account to his U.K. account, and I would also include your US bank statement showing the transfer.

If the money came from someone else - for example, it was a gift from a relative, then that person would need to write a letter explaining that it is a gift, not a loan, and will not be repaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 10
Re: If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »
Thanks for the response.

Another question does pad sick time count towards the requirement?

Like if someone is paid their normal wage but are off sick for one day during the month and they receive sick pay does that money still count towards the financial requirement calculation?

• Liked: 4985
Re: If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 05:51:11 PM »
Thanks for the response.

Another question does pad sick time count towards the requirement?

Like if someone is paid their normal wage but are off sick for one day during the month and they receive sick pay does that money still count towards the financial requirement calculation?

Yup.

If the sponsor is paid overtime for one month out of the 6 months, does the wage plus overtime count for the calculation or only the base pay? Assuming hourly employee.

If the sponsor is paid overtime for one month out of the 6 months, does the wage plus overtime count for the calculation or only the base pay? Assuming hourly employee.

Overtime can count for the calculation of the last 6 months of income (to show the average already earned), however it CANNOT count towards any future income, UNLESS the employer can guarantee in writing that the overtime will continue to be earned each month.

So, if the overtime was just a one-off, you still need to be able to show an future annual income of at least £18,600 per year just using the base pay, and not counting any overtime that might be worked in the future.

Okay thank you.

Additional question.

Information: we're going to be going with combined savings and income to meet the requirement.

Say we're looking at a period of 7 months. On month one the sponsor is paid less than what they were supposed to be paid. Then on month 2 they were paid the wage they are supposed to be paid plus the extra owed from the previous month.

Then for remaining months they were paid what they were supposed to be paid. Will month 2 still count towards the 6 months even though they were over-paid?

Sorry if this is a little confusing.

I think based on responses and what I've read that should be okay.

With bank statements do they want like the summary page or all of the transactions?

• Liked: 6110
With bank statements do they want like the summary page or all of the transactions?

They want to see the whole thing, unadulterated.

My spouse gets paid toward the end of each month. So when needing 6 months of pay slips do they need to cover specific days or will just one from the end of each month suffice?

For example pay slips from:

July 25th
August 25th
September 25th
October 25th
November 25th
December 25th

Is that acceptable or does the specific pay period dates matter?

• Liked: 239
It has to show 6 full months and each statement must show the payslip on it. So if the payslips were deposited on the 25th of each month, you'll need 7 statements.

For example, July to August is 1 month. August to September is 2 months, etc. So you would need statements from July to January.

At least that's how I figured it out when I applied
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

Oh, okay so we'd need

June 25 - July 25
July 25 - Aug 25
Aug 25 - Sept 25
Sept 25 - Oct 25
Oct 25 - Nov 25
Nov 25 - Dec 25

Would these dates work for the six months?

Pay slips dated:

Sept 28th
October 28th
November 28th
December 28th
January 28th
February 28th
March 28th

Additional question:

What if for some reason the March pay slip was dated one day earlier on the 27th. Would that mean we'd have to wait an additional month?

I keep coming across some differing opinions about how many payslips are needed.

I see some people say that if you are paid monthly then you only need 6, given that you have been employed at your job for more than 6 months.

And some people saying that you need 7 to cover 6 months payslip date to payslip date.

I want the former to be true because it means we can apply one month earlier but I also don't want to have any issues if I didn't send the correct amount.

I keep coming across some differing opinions about how many payslips are needed.

I see some people say that if you are paid monthly then you only need 6, given that you have been employed at your job for more than 6 months.

And some people saying that you need 7 to cover 6 months payslip date to payslip date.

I want the former to be true because it means we can apply one month earlier but I also don't want to have any issues if I didn't send the correct amount.

The requirement is that you must have been earning at least £18,600 with the same company for a MINIMUM of 6 months. And your payslips and bank statements have to cover AT LEAST 6 months... and not a day less.

What matters is the dates printed your payslips... so the number of payslips you need to send in order to cover the full 6 months will depend on what date of the month you are paid, what dates are printed on your payslips, what date of the month your bank statements are issued etc.

So, depending on your specific circumstances, you may need either 6 months or 7 months (or sometimes, even 8 months) worth of payslips and bank statements in order to make sure that the dates printed on them cover every single day of the 6-month period.

At the moment, if you only send 6 payslips, Sept 28th to Feb 28th, you are only covering 5 months, not 6 months... because exactly 6 months from September 28th is March 28th.

So, the period covered by your payslips would be calculated as follows:
Sept 28th - Oct 28th = 1 month
Oct 28th - Nov 28th = 2 months
Nov 28th - Dec 28th = 3 months
Dec 28th = Jan 28th  = 4 months
Jan 28th - Feb 28th = 5 months

Which means that if you only sent up to Feb 28th, you would not meet the visa requirements, because your payslips only covered 5 months.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab