Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: If the UK sponsor is paid incorrectly one month from their job will a letter  (Read 3574 times)

• Liked: 10
Okay thank you for the further clarification. It's such a stressful process I feel like I have to keep asking the same/similar questions.

Really can't thank you all enough.

If you are using cash savings towards the requirement, you must show that the money has been in an account in your name or in his name (or in both names) in full for a minimum of 6 months.

So, you must provide 6 full months of bank statements showing the money has been in either your account or his account, for the entire time.

Which means that if you transfer the money to him less than 6 months before you apply, you must provide both your bank statements and his bank statements to show the money was in either your or his possession for the whole of the 6 months.

For example, say you apply on 15th October, and you transfer the money to his account on 25th September, you will need to provide:
- your bank statements covering March 15th to 25th September, showing the money in your account for those 5 months and 10 days
- his bank statement covering 25th September to 15th October (or longer), showing the money has been in his account for those last 20 days of the 6 months

Or, if you apply on 15th October, but the money was transferred to his account before 15th March, then you just provide:
- his bank statements from 15th March to 15th October

Or, if you apply on 15th October, but you do not transfer any money and just keep it all in your account then you just provide:
- your bank statements from 15th March to 15th October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was taking a look at the VAF4A appendix 2 document and in the cash savings section I didn't really see how I would list the savings as being in separate accounts for part of the 6 months and then in a joint account for the rest of the 6 months. Do you know how I would input that in the form?

• Liked: 3595
I was taking a look at the VAF4A appendix 2 document and in the cash savings section I didn't really see how I would list the savings as being in separate accounts for part of the 6 months and then in a joint account for the rest of the 6 months. Do you know how I would input that in the form?

I wouldn’t make it so complicated. Just list the details of all the accounts and put the amount in each on the date of application.

Then underneath, or in Part 5, and in your sponsor letter, write a short explanation as to how you are using the savings.

I wouldn’t make it so complicated. Just list the details of all the accounts and put the amount in each on the date of application.

Then underneath, or in Part 5, and in your sponsor letter, write a short explanation as to how you are using the savings.

Okay that makes sense. Thank you!

A few more questions I thought of:

For the sponsor letter, employer letter, etc. should they be typed and then signed with ink or written and signed?

I've seen that you can upload supporting documents straight to New York. Would my wife be able to scan all of the documents that she has and send me the files for me to upload? And if that's allowed, should she then send me them all via courier service incase I'm asked for them again or would they just want the sent file again?

I have received a written warning in 2015 for speeding. I contacted the relevant department and got a copy of the documentation. There was never an actual punishment like a fine or anything. Is that something I should disclose and send a copy of the documentation of? Should I also get a copy of my driving history from DMV to show I've had no infractions since?

Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:36:15 PM by cherrymist »

A few more questions I thought of:

For the sponsor letter, employer letter, etc. should they be typed and then signed with ink or written and signed?

Typed and signed with ink.

I've seen that you can upload supporting documents straight to New York. Would my wife be able to scan all of the documents that she has and send me the files for me to upload? And if that's allowed, should she then send me them all via courier service incase I'm asked for them again or would they just want the sent file again?

She should send you all the original documents, so that you have them in your hands in case you have provide them for any reason. She can also scan them, but I would have all the originals with you, just in case.

I have received a written warning in 2015 for speeding. I contacted the relevant department and got a copy of the documentation. There was never an actual punishment like a fine or anything. Is that something I should disclose and send a copy of the documentation of? Should I also get a copy of my driving history from DMV to show I've had no infractions since?

I would declare it on the application and include your documentation and driving history. It won’t affect the application, but it shows you are being honest and transparent.

I apologize in advance for the novel

Okay so more payslip questions..

Here are the payslip dates and amounts we're planning on using:

Aug 28 -1028.47 (pre-raise wage) (Raise occurred beginning of Sept)
Sep 28 - 1028.47 (pre-raise wage paid by mistake, should have been pro-rated post-raise wage)
Oct 28 - 1470.84 (new wage plus what was owed from September)
Nov 28 - 1297.69 (New wage plus another mistake that was owed from October)
Dec 20 - 1255.93 (current wage)
Jan 28 - 1255.93 (current wage)
Feb 28 - 1255.93 (current wage)

My wife is paid hourly and we are going to be using combined savings and income. The lowest amount our savings dipped to during this period was about £27,450. It is my understanding that because she is paid hourly those seven payslips will be averaged out to calculate the yearly salary. I have used the financial requirement calculator and it appears we meet the requirement with a little but of breathing room.

My main concern is that will they count the months of Oct and Nov even though they are not the actual wage but the result of backpay because of incorrect payments? I've read that you need to meet the requirement for the 6 month period but also show that you will continue to. I'm uncertain how that will affect our application. Her "current wage" is about £15,000 per year which we currently have enough savings to make up the shortfall for. Is that how they will see it?

I'm sorry if I have been unclear or confusing in this post I will happily try and clarify anything that anybody has issue understanding.

Anyone have an idea if we should be good?

@ksand24

Sorry to bother you! You have been very helpful throughout this process.

Do you have an idea as to whether we should be good with those payslips?

Thank you

My wife is paid hourly and we are going to be using combined savings and income. The lowest amount our savings dipped to during this period was about £27,450. It is my understanding that because she is paid hourly those seven payslips will be averaged out to calculate the yearly salary. I have used the financial requirement calculator and it appears we meet the requirement with a little but of breathing room.

Yes, if she is paid an hourly wage with no fixed annual income, they will add up all the payslips and work out an annual average.

My main concern is that will they count the months of Oct and Nov even though they are not the actual wage but the result of backpay because of incorrect payments? I've read that you need to meet the requirement for the 6 month period but also show that you will continue to.I'm uncertain how that will affect our application. Her "current wage" is about £15,000 per year which we currently have enough savings to make up the shortfall for. Is that how they will see it?

Okay, so the way they will look at it is:

Previous earnings from the last 6 months = Total of all the payslips averaged to give an annual wage

Future annual earnings from now on = (her current hourly wage X by her contracted hours per week) X 52 weeks

So,

Previous earnings = (£8593.26 / 7 payslips) x 12 = £14,731.30

Future earnings (assuming £1255.93 is going to be her standard monthly wage) = £1255.93 x 12 = £15071.16

Assuming they take the lower figure of £14,731.30, you will need to show the following amount in savings has been held in your account in full for the whole 6 months:

Income Shortfall = £18,600 - £14,731.30 = £3,868.70

Savings needed 
= £16,000 + (2.5 x £3,868.70)
= £16,000 + £9,671.75
 = £25,671.75

And if they were to use the higher amount of £15,071.16, you would need to show £24,822.21 in savings.

So, as long as your savings have not dipped below £25.671.75, you will be fine :).

Yes, if she is paid an hourly wage with no fixed annual income, they will add up all the payslips and work out an annual average.

Okay, so the way they will look at it is:

Previous earnings from the last 6 months = Total of all the payslips averaged to give an annual wage

Future annual earnings from now on = (her current hourly wage X by her contracted hours per week) X 52 weeks

So,

Previous earnings = (£8593.26 / 7 payslips) x 12 = £14,731.30

Future earnings (assuming £1255.93 is going to be her standard monthly wage) = £1255.93 x 12 = £15071.16

Assuming they take the lower figure of £14,731.30, you will need to show the following amount in savings has been held in your account in full for the whole 6 months:

Income Shortfall = £18,600 - £14,731.30 = £3,868.70

Savings needed 
= £16,000 + (2.5 x £3,868.70)
= £16,000 + £9,671.75
 = £25,671.75

And if they were to use the higher amount of £15,071.16, you would need to show £24,822.21 in savings.

So, as long as your savings have not dipped below £25.671.75, you will be fine :).

That's great to hear!

Thank you so much for your response  :)

Do payslips need to show the pay period on them? My wife's just show the pay date.

Also I've read we should include a certified copy of my wife's passport bio pages. Should we also include copies of her stamped pages showing the times she has come to visit me in the US? If so, should those pages be certified as well?

And does the amount of hours my wife works per week matter? We're using a combination of income and savings and she works about 34 hours per week. Does that being considered "part time" affect anything?

• Liked: 1327
Do payslips need to show the pay period on them? My wife's just show the pay date.

Also I've read we should include a certified copy of my wife's passport bio pages. Should we also include copies of her stamped pages showing the times she has come to visit me in the US? If so, should those pages be certified as well?

And does the amount of hours my wife works per week matter? We're using a combination of income and savings and she works about 34 hours per week. Does that being considered "part time" affect anything?

If the only date on the payslip is the payment date, be sure to include enough that the first one is dated at least six FULL months before the application date.  This may mean an extra payslip to get six full months.

I'm not sure on the sponsor's passport.  I would include the stamped pages, but I don't know if they need to be certified.

The details of her employment need to be spelled out in the employer letter.  From the guidance, her letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips must confirm:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Thank you for your help!

For the sponsor’s passport, you only send a copy of the passport photo page.

The pages with stamps are not required and probably won’t be looked at.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab