Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: No ice at KFC!  (Read 1976 times)

• Liked: 239
Re: No ice at KFC!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 05:02:37 PM »
I don’t know how to post a pic on my phone but they just tweeted back to me and said ‘no this isn’t a company policy’.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 216
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 05:13:55 PM »
Don't forget that just a few months ago, KFC couldn't even sell chicken in most of their locations.  I'm over KFC and Burger King in this country because they are usually incapable of running a restaurant.  The ice cream machines are never working and the people behind the counter always seem to have started that morning and don't know anything.

You know who's on top of their game? McDonald's!  The touch screen menus work great and you can get the food brought to your table and new ones have lots of seating outside.  And they have ice and the mcflurry machine always works.

I was wondering why the KFC in our town was closed down back then! And then I saw the news report. Like, how you gonna be a fried chicken place and ain't got no chicken?? But then again, since they changed back in the day from "Kentucky Fried Chicken" to "KFC" who even knows what that "C" stands for...

I agree about McDonalds. I don't visit McDonalds often so I was surprised when I went in and saw the touch screens for ordering. Seems to be a good system going. Other fast food joints need to follow suit!
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 06:26:59 PM »
OMG that makes me laugh out loud while also feel terrified all at once!
I think Tami is losing it now.  Each time she posts, the cats get scarier.  I'm afraid I'm going to wake up one morning and find a cat like that in my bed.

Somebody please set up an intervention

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 06:27:30 PM »
What did KFC say on the Twitter?

I honestly thought this was a riddle

• Liked: 768
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »
You have to pay extra if you want more than the photos.
I think Tami is losing it now.  Each time she posts, the cats get scarier.  I'm afraid I'm going to wake up one morning and find a cat like that in my bed.

Somebody please set up an intervention

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 584
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 09:30:47 PM »

They can take away my straws but please don't take away my ice  :-\\\\

Exactly.

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 06:30:38 AM »
It was Clydebank where I was told about the ice.  Lunchtime today, I think I will pop over to Drumchapel to see what happens, and maybe hit Dumbarton on my way home tonight to see what they say.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 06:33:39 AM »
It was Clydebank where I was told about the ice.  Lunchtime today, I think I will pop over to Drumchapel to see what happens, and maybe hit Dumbarton on my way home tonight to see what they say.

I wish you luck in your mission!  ;D

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »

I fear for the life of any KFC manager who gives you a hard time today.  Your Friday 5 already established that your mood is somewhat "delicate", so when some chicken jockey manager tells you there's no ice, it's not gonna be pretty.

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 01:57:37 PM »
I went to Drumchapel today and stopped in to chat to the KFC manager about the ice issue.
He said there is currently a trial running in certain stores to see if getting rid of ice would be good or bad for business.  He agreed with me that no ice equals bad and very quickly pointed out that he definitely is serving ice!

• Liked: 672
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »
I usually go to KFC for lunch about once a week.
Today I went, and asked for extra ice in my drink.  I was told, 'we don't do ice any more'.
At first I thought she was saying she wasn't allowed to give extra ice, and I was going to say I will pay for it.   But as she handed me the drink, I realised there was no ice in it... not even one little cubelet.  So I said 'no ice?'  and she repeated that they're no longer putting ice in the drinks, as they are already chilled in the line.  I asked if they will put ice in the drinks if the customer specifically requests it, and I was told they will no longer be making ice in the store, so there will be no ice available at all.

I asked if it was just this particular store, or if this is a new thing at all KFCs and was told this is the new policy in all KFCs in the UK!

Piece of nonsense!  I won't be going back.  >:(

Gaaak, lukewarm soda.....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab