Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone miss American breakfast?  (Read 11811 times)

• Liked: 216
Re: Anyone miss American breakfast?
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2018, 08:02:20 PM »
I miss American breakfast. I want hasbrowns or home fries and amazing restaurant bacon, applewood smoked preferably. Or cinnamon roles as big as my head. And donuts!!! I would kill for a good donut. Hahaha

Mmm.... cinnamon rolls... With a nice cup of coffee...
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »
Waffle House hashbrowns.

Hashbrowns here are preformed patties.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, those triangular frozen thingies. They're ok... but nothing like some freshly shredded hash brown cooked on the griddle where they get that crispiness on both sides!!

I'mma need to go out for breakfast everyday until I finally move there so I can get my fill!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
Yeah, those triangular frozen thingies. They're ok... but nothing like some freshly shredded hash brown cooked on the griddle where they get that crispiness on both sides!!

I'mma need to go out for breakfast everyday until I finally move there so I can get my fill!
You just get proficient at making your own then you realise you can't be bothered and before you know it you are ordering beef gravy pancakes.

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2018, 08:23:26 PM »
You just get proficient at making your own then you realise you can't be bothered and before you know it you are ordering beef gravy pancakes.

Ha! I can surrender to a lot of things... but I don't think I can handle beef gravy pancakes!! Like just give me the plain pancake and I'll just eat it dry with a glass of water.

When we go out for breakfast I always end up ordering a toasted crumpet with butter and jam and a latte. Le sigh...

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2018, 08:30:32 PM »
Ha! I can surrender to a lot of things... but I don't think I can handle beef gravy pancakes!! Like just give me the plain pancake and I'll just eat it dry with a glass of water.

When we go out for breakfast I always end up ordering a toasted crumpet with butter and jam and a latte. Le sigh...
I was duped. I didn't get what I thought I was ordering yet there was that voice in the back of my mind saying, "This is Scotland".

I ordered buttermilk pancakes with hashbrowns, sausage and gravy. What do you think you would have received? If you said, "pancakes with maple syrup and butter with a side of hashbrowns, sausage and gravy,"you would be wrong.

It was 3 pancakes with hashbrowns and sausage layered in between, topped with brown gravy.

This was at a new American style pancake house with free unlimited coffee. It lasted less than 6 months and most of my American friends were banned from their Facebook page. Lolol

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2018, 08:33:22 PM »
Good times!

• Liked: 239
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 08:34:47 PM »
Well I mean they put an American flag on it so clearly it’s authentic  ::)  :P
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2018, 08:43:25 PM »
I was duped. I didn't get what I thought I was ordering yet there was that voice in the back of my mind saying, "This is Scotland".

I ordered buttermilk pancakes with hashbrowns, sausage and gravy. What do you think you would have received? If you said, "pancakes with maple syrup and butter with a side of hashbrowns, sausage and gravy,"you would be wrong.

It was 3 pancakes with hashbrowns and sausage layered in between, topped with brown gravy.

This was at a new American style pancake house with free unlimited coffee. It lasted less than 6 months and most of my American friends were banned from their Facebook page. Lolol

Cracking up!!!!! I take issue with restaurants there claiming "American-style". I want to ask the ones I've been to if they've ever been to America and actually tasted the food. I made the mistake of going to an "American steakhouse" and order burnt brisket ends. What came out to me was like little dried up bits of smoky flavored wood chips. Like tougher than leather. Uh, no. Just no. But I guess it was a lesson for me to not expect anything claiming to be American  to actually be American.

I actually thought of creating a career out of being an American-style food consultant and offering my services to these establishments if they actually want to be authentic! LOL!!

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2018, 08:45:43 PM »
Good times!

ehrmagerd!!!!! Nooooooooooooooo!! Blasphemy!! How could they????

Actually, this picture is a great representation of America at the moment though! Hot mess! [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »
Cracking up!!!!! I take issue with restaurants there claiming "American-style". I want to ask the ones I've been to if they've ever been to America and actually tasted the food. I made the mistake of going to an "American steakhouse" and order burnt brisket ends. What came out to me was like little dried up bits of smoky flavored wood chips. Like tougher than leather. Uh, no. Just no. But I guess it was a lesson for me to not expect anything claiming to be American  to actually be American.

I actually thought of creating a career out of being an American-style food consultant and offering my services to these establishments if they actually want to be authentic! LOL!!
Stay away from the chain American style restaurant,  The Filling Station. It's just a land of disappointment.

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2018, 08:47:10 PM »
Well I mean they put an American flag on it so clearly it’s authentic  ::)  :P

Ha ha ha!! All it needs is a sparkler!

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »
Stay away from the chain American style restaurant,  The Filling Station. It's just a land of disappointment.

Oh, dear... haven't heard of it yet and I guess that's a good thing then. I get less and less excited when I see something advertised as "American-style" now.

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »
Oh, dear... haven't heard of it yet and I guess that's a good thing then. I get less and less excited when I see something advertised as "American-style" now.
As long as you are prepared for the disappointment. I've been duped way too many times. I'm currently waiting for our new Mexican restaurant to open up... Banditos Burritos.

And my American friends look forward to my food updates.

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »
As long as you are prepared for the disappointment. I've been duped way too many times. I'm currently waiting for our new Mexican restaurant to open up... Banditos Burritos.

And my American friends look forward to my food updates.

Well, I hope the Mexican spot is all you want it to be... Like I said earlier, I'll be cooking a lot more at home vs going out because I just can't with the lack of good food choices. I can only do so many jacket potatoes and cheese toasties.   :-\\\\

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2018, 08:58:44 PM »
Yes, I expect it to be haggis burritos, stovie burritos and neaps and tatties burritos. Plus you know, regular Scottish Mexican burritos.
Well, I hope the Mexican spot is all you want it to be... Like I said earlier, I'll be cooking a lot more at home vs going out because I just can't with the lack of good food choices. I can only do so many jacket potatoes and cheese toasties.   :-\\\\

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab