Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP! Moving my Cat (Chicago-LHR)  (Read 2157 times)

• Liked: 59
HELP! Moving my Cat (Chicago-LHR)
« on: August 17, 2018, 03:50:09 PM »
I got my spouse visa yesterday, and am over the moon excited! BUT, Now i'm trying to book travel for myself and my 6 year old rescue cat and I am STRESSED.

I've called the airlines and they've sent me to so many different departments and nobody is being being helpful...

Can someone please walk me through the process of booking my travel and my cat's?
She's able to fly on the same plane as me as manifest cargo, correct?
How should i go about booking this? Should I book my flight first or her cargo reservation?

I'll also take airline(virgin doesn't fly out of Chicago anymore though.) and company recommendations. 

Thanks in advance, I'm at a loss.
Met British Husband:October 20, 2013
Engaged: Oct 20, 2017
Married: May 18, 2018
Application Type: Settlement/Spouse Priority
Online application submitted: June 8, 2018
Biometrics appointment & Docs sent: June 12, 2018
Package arrived in Sheffield: June 14, 2018
Email stating my application was being prepared by ECO: June 14, 2018
Decision made email: August 14, 2018
Documents returned: August 16, 2018
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Officially a UK Resident: September 3, 2018

• Liked: 4
Re: HELP! Moving my Cat (Chicago-LHR)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 03:56:11 PM »
I got my spouse visa yesterday, and am over the moon excited! BUT, Now i'm trying to book travel for myself and my 6 year old rescue cat and I am STRESSED.

I've called the airlines and they've sent me to so many different departments and nobody is being being helpful...

Can someone please walk me through the process of booking my travel and my cat's?
She's able to fly on the same plane as me as manifest cargo, correct?
How should i go about booking this? Should I book my flight first or her cargo reservation?

I'll also take airline(virgin doesn't fly out of Chicago anymore though.) and company recommendations. 

Thanks in advance, I'm at a loss.
I had a similar experience. United are now taking pets again with effect from 30th July. I tried to use BA who do take pets and you can accompany them on the flight ...bear in ind they take 5 hours to clear customs at the other end, the flight prior is the best bet but if you do this you MUST take the cat to the cargo depot yourself.

Have you completed all the vet forms and had the USDA approval done? You have 10 days to ship after this is complete. Don't travel to Springfield, there's a USDA office close to OHare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 06:15:25 PM »
I had a similar experience. United are now taking pets again with effect from 30th July. I tried to use BA who do take pets and you can accompany them on the flight ...bear in ind they take 5 hours to clear customs at the other end, the flight prior is the best bet but if you do this you MUST take the cat to the cargo depot yourself.

Have you completed all the vet forms and had the USDA approval done? You have 10 days to ship after this is complete. Don't travel to Springfield, there's a USDA office close to OHare.

Thanks for the info. How did you go about booking the travel?
APPROVED!!!!!!!!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »
I went through BA who put me in touch with their cargo agent in OHare. It was all going fine until we found out we had to check him in in person. Unfortunately he's still with family, we're collecting him at Christmas. Good thing he loves his grandma.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
I went through BA who put me in touch with their cargo agent in OHare. It was all going fine until we found out we had to check him in in person. Unfortunately he's still with family, we're collecting him at Christmas. Good thing he loves his grandma.

Good to know. I booked my flight with BA, so now i'm just trying to get ahold of cargo. I sent in a request Friday and got an email requesting more info today...Hoping I hear back soon. I really want this whole thing squared away so I can start focusing on everything else i need to get done
APPROVED!!!!!!!!