Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Happy but still stressed?  (Read 6091 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Happy but still stressed?
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2018, 10:01:15 AM »
Your husband must not steal covers like it's an Olympic sport!  ;D

Nah, that's my job  ;) ;D
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2018, 10:12:12 AM »
Our bed is oriented so that the length goes across the shorter length of the room, and my side of the bed is opposite the door.  Every night, I get up to use the toilet (yes, every night... sometimes twice!  If this isn't normal, oh well!) and I have to navigate between my husband's feet poking out at the end of the bed and the radiator cover (that has no business being there because we don't have a functional boiler!) against the wall... in the dark!  On the very rare occasion that I manage to get to the toilet and back without waking him up, I do a quiet celebration.  It's an achievement.  I keep suggesting a loft conversion, and making it a master suite, turning the current bedroom into the guest room, and the small bedroom will just be an office type space.  But then my husband says something about how we don't have money for that, and where would we put the stairs, blah blah, all kinds of practical considerations.  And I'm all, "but your feet!"
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2018, 10:17:06 AM »
Our bed is oriented so that the length goes across the shorter length of the room, and my side of the bed is opposite the door.  Every night, I get up to use the toilet (yes, every night... sometimes twice!  If this isn't normal, oh well!) and I have to navigate between my husband's feet poking out at the end of the bed and the radiator cover (that has no business being there because we don't have a functional boiler!) against the wall... in the dark!  On the very rare occasion that I manage to get to the toilet and back without waking him up, I do a quiet celebration.  It's an achievement.  I keep suggesting a loft conversion, and making it a master suite, turning the current bedroom into the guest room, and the small bedroom will just be an office type space.  But then my husband says something about how we don't have money for that, and where would we put the stairs, blah blah, all kinds of practical considerations.  And I'm all, "but your feet!"

"my side" of the bed is always the side closest to the bathroom.  ;D 

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2018, 10:29:01 AM »
"my side" of the bed is always the side closest to the bathroom.  ;D

My side is on the right, so when I am sleeping on my side and spoons are occurring, I will have my good ear buried in the pillow to muffle the sound of his snoring.  Being deaf in one ear isn't all bad.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »

You are right!  :)  Continue campaigning for the loft conversion, that is a great idea.. who wants to trip over someones feet every night?  :(

Sponsored Links