Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Doesn't fit anywhere else but - Wellies  (Read 1685 times)

• Liked: 672
Doesn't fit anywhere else but - Wellies
« on: August 24, 2018, 09:13:20 PM »
Aldi is selling wellies online for about 6 pounds a pair.
In case you are looking, or want dry feet this winter! ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
Re: Doesn't fit anywhere else but - Wellies
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 09:41:45 AM »
Yeah, those look like they'd do the the trick!  :)

I will say though, if anyone does spend a long amount of time in wellies, that most wellies have atrocious support for your feet.  Anyone who has been to a music festival and spent 4 days in a pair of wellies will attest.  So, worth getting winter boots if you'll be doing a fair bit of walking ,etc. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:03:24 AM »
Defintely on the winter boots. I have a good pair of cold-weather boots, but they are only water resistant, not waterproof. Last winter they did fine in the snow. But in the slush that followed, no bueno. SO, as I slog to the high street to get milk and eggs this winter I will have my wellies (if they ever get here!) and several pairs of nice thick socks on inside them.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:52:59 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 10:31:49 AM »
I really like Muck Boots.  :) They are lined with neoprene so are as warm as you're going to get  (and comfortable too, and waterproof)  although you are still going to need a good pair of socks to wear inside. I love Heat Holders Original socks for inside the wellies.

They're not cheap so it's bet to shop around online for the best price and they come in lots of different styles, some of which can be quite heavy so watch for that. Read the reviews on Amazon.  Last time I was in a Dobbies, they had both Muck Boots and Heat Holders.

https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/?c1=GAW_SE_UK&source=BRND&campaign=334310793_26871010353&kw=muck%20boots_e&cr5=289446748452&cr7=c&gclid=CjwKCAjwwo7cBRBwEiwAMEoXPHH1nu5tJHiQoxcCec-Tm5PUNCD0xtEl1yl_MtEla1g5gd2BysgGmBoCIWQQAvD_BwE

https://heatholders.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 02:56:01 PM »
They look like really good quality.  I'm not out enough to need more than a six pound pair of rain boots, though.

I seem to remember when I was a kiddo that we had rain boots that went on OVER our shoes. Or am I losing it and creating fake memories? No, I think we did, because one day after school I went out and played in the snow for a bit with our pet cat, and snow got in my boots. And soaked my school shoes and I caught heck for that! (I only had the one pair, and even with stuffing them with newspaper and putting them near the heating vent they were still damp when I had to put them on the next day.)

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »
Galoshes!  ;D

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »
Yeah, those look like they'd do the the trick!  :)

I will say though, if anyone does spend a long amount of time in wellies, that most wellies have atrocious support for your feet.  Anyone who has been to a music festival and spent 4 days in a pair of wellies will attest.  So, worth getting winter boots if you'll be doing a fair bit of walking ,etc.

This is the reason I purchased waterproof hiking boots before the last music festival I went to. Wellies are so bad for your feet! Plus the rattlesnakes at the previous one scared the daylights out of me wearing regular sneakers on a sunny day. 🙈 (not as bad as the friend slumbering on what the locals endearingly called "rattlesnake rock")

• Liked: 716
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 09:21:04 PM »
If it wisea fur yer wellies where would yer be....
Billy  Connolly video:
https://g.co/kgs/iSZNey

Chorus
If it wisnae fur yer wellies
Wherewud you be?
You'd be in the hospital
Or in firmary
Cause you wid hive a dose o the flu
Or even plurasie
If it wissne fur yer feet in yer wellies!

Wellies they are wunderful
Wellies they are swell
They keep out the watter
And they keep in the smell
When your sittin in a room
You cin always tell when some
B***r take aff thur wellies

Chorus

When yr oout walking in the country with a bird
And your strolling about the fields
Like a farmers herd
And somebody shouts"Keep off The grass"
And you think how absurd
Squelch you find why all farmers wear wellies

Chorus

Fishermen and firemen theres farmers and all
Theres men who're digging ditches
And working in the snow
This country would grind to a halt
And not a thing would grow
If it was nae for the workers and their wellies
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 533
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »
Just checking the Guardian for this. The go to for festival fashion advice.

They seem to be advising rambling boots paired with a tiny crop top. "Is the Kate/Sienna boho era really over?"
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 11:11:53 AM »
Well, it can't last too long - hypothermia will set in.  ;)

The wellies arrived. Nice and sturdy, should do the trick. Ugly as sin, but for 6 pounds, it's doable. Aldi also had men's water-resistant/quick drying trousers and also ladies' yoga pants on for really cheap. Got one of each, both fit, happy camper here. Also bought a lambs-wool/synthetic blend men's thermal shirt. Haven't gotten that tried on yet. But since most of the women's sized shirts don't manage to fit me well, I am hopeful.  Quite a good haul for the price.

So when it starts raining that cold rain sideways this autumn on days I want to go to the grocery store, I can put everything on, add my raincoat, and out I'll go without having to catch pneumonia from being soaked through. ;) ;)

• Liked: 716
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 12:25:51 PM »
Well, it can't last too long - hypothermia will set in.  ;)

The wellies arrived. Nice and sturdy, should do the trick. Ugly as sin, but for 6 pounds, it's doable. Aldi also had men's water-resistant/quick drying trousers and also ladies' yoga pants on for really cheap. Got one of each, both fit, happy camper here. Also bought a lambs-wool/synthetic blend men's thermal shirt. Haven't gotten that tried on yet. But since most of the women's sized shirts don't manage to fit me well, I am hopeful.  Quite a good haul for the price.

So when it starts raining that cold rain sideways this autumn on days I want to go to the grocery store, I can put everything on, add my raincoat, and out I'll go without having to catch pneumonia from being soaked through. ;) ;)

I think you should post a photo of yourself in your yoga pants and wellies, sounds like they would go well together. :D
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 12:32:32 PM »
I think you should post a photo of yourself in your yoga pants and wellies, sounds like they would go well together. :D

That's just the kind of outfit I wear when I'm gardening!  ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 01:30:19 PM »
This is the reason I purchased waterproof hiking boots before the last music festival I went to. Wellies are so bad for your feet! Plus the rattlesnakes at the previous one scared the daylights out of me wearing regular sneakers on a sunny day. 🙈 (not as bad as the friend slumbering on what the locals endearingly called "rattlesnake rock")

Oh hell no. I am not going to any music festival where I might sit next to a rattlesnake!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 03:39:29 PM »

Just the latest look, it is.  ;D  Like dresses with combat boots (which were quite the thing in SoCal before we left.)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 04:02:12 PM »
Oh hell no. I am not going to any music festival where I might sit next to a rattlesnake!!

It was actually pretty incredible! Up near Georgian Bay in Ontario, Canada. Pristine land that natives had given permission for the festival to take place on. We were all a bunch of hippies dancing to psytrance, enjoying the sun and fresh water for swimming. It was just the tents further from the music ... The loud music kept them away from most of the area people were in. We didn't know there were rattlesnakes or we probably would've picked a different spot for our tent ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massasauga

Sponsored Links