Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: OMG!! My turn  (Read 878 times)

• Home is where the heart is
  • Liked: 212
OMG!! My turn
« on: August 25, 2018, 03:21:34 PM »
I can't believe it's about that time...Tomorrow I finally get to fly home...I am so excited...I have some final packing to do and then I am all done.
Met the other half of my Heart- May 2017
Engaged 06 June 2018
Fiance Visa (Priority)
Application Submitted 08 June 2018
Biometrics and Supporting Docs Sent 11 June 2018
Decision Made Email: 14 August 2018  (42 BD)
Decision: APPROVED
Made it Home 27 Aug 2018
Married 17 Nov 2018
First FLR(M) non priority application : sent 11 Feb 2019
Decision made 26 March 2019
APPROVED!!!!
I'm Home

• Liked: 250
Re: OMG!! My turn
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 04:50:29 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=smitten.gif]

Time for those cwtchess!!!

10 more days for me.....I CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL!
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 07:24:59 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=smitten.gif]

Time for those cwtchess!!!

10 more days for me.....I CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL!

Not much longer now T.T. YAY!!!!
YAY FOR CWTCHES!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Engaged 06 June 2018
Fiance Visa (Priority)
Made it Home 27 Aug 2018
Married 17 Nov 2018
APPROVED!!!!
I'm Home

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »
So now things have calmed down a bit... Update...So flight day was a very exhausting and rushing experience. First off my home airport was on lockdown for almost 5 hours because a man got kicked off his flight and attempted to commit suicide. Luckily I gave myself a 3 1/2 hour layover in Denver because as soon as we got to Denver as well we got stuck on the tarmac for almost an hour because of weather. Apparently a lightening strike hit the airport so that halted everything. Then since since everything stopped there was  problem getting all flights that were going out, out and all flights coming in, in....I had to run to get to my connecting flight to London, in the process hurt my leg but atleast I made....:D Now I am home....with a cold.... :\\\'( But I'm home... :D

So what have I missed and how is everyone doing?
Engaged 06 June 2018
Fiance Visa (Priority)
Made it Home 27 Aug 2018
Married 17 Nov 2018
APPROVED!!!!
I'm Home

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 04:20:13 PM »
So now things have calmed down a bit... Update...So flight day was a very exhausting and rushing experience. First off my home airport was on lockdown for almost 5 hours because a man got kicked off his flight and attempted to commit suicide. Luckily I gave myself a 3 1/2 hour layover in Denver because as soon as we got to Denver as well we got stuck on the tarmac for almost an hour because of weather. Apparently a lightening strike hit the airport so that halted everything. Then since since everything stopped there was  problem getting all flights that were going out, out and all flights coming in, in....I had to run to get to my connecting flight to London, in the process hurt my leg but atleast I made....:D Now I am home....with a cold.... :\\\'( But I'm home... :D

So what have I missed and how is everyone doing?

Welcome home!!! 

Wow!  You did say you made it not without some issues!  SooninDevon had issues getting home, too!  TeamTollie, your travel day had better be smoother!  I can't even imagine enduring all these issues and delays after all the visa mess.  I'm so glad you made it home, though!  Does it feel real yet?  Have you unpacked, or are you living out of your suitcases like you'll have to leave in a couple of weeks?  :P

We need to do some party planning... and I need to run a date change by everybody, because my husband works on the weekend we have penciled in (and the one after).

9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 04:30:49 PM »
Welcome home!!! 

Wow!  You did say you made it not without some issues!  SooninDevon had issues getting home, too!  TeamTollie, your travel day had better be smoother!  I can't even imagine enduring all these issues and delays after all the visa mess.  I'm so glad you made it home, though!  Does it feel real yet?  Have you unpacked, or are you living out of your suitcases like you'll have to leave in a couple of weeks?  :P

We need to do some party planning... and I need to run a date change by everybody, because my husband works on the weekend we have penciled in (and the one after).

Team Tollie WILL have a smooth flight day and an amazing reunion with her hubby :D
I unpacked 1st day...I AM NOT LEAVING AGAIN!!! LOL...I REFUSE!!....LOL The first night Nathan and I woke up and I thought I was skyping with him and not in the same room...It was the first time ever that I didn't know where I was...Its been amazing being back and its hit me a couple of times I'm back but still terrifies me because this process isn't completely over. We still have to do the FLR (M)? in a couple of months. I'm sure all will be ok but there is always that chance, isn't there? But we are remaining positive and as soon as that time comes to extend my stay I am bumbarding you all for information...;)

I am really looking forward to meeting you all and both Nathan and I marked Oct. 7th in our calendars. BLIZZARD PARTY!!!! :D :D
Engaged 06 June 2018
Fiance Visa (Priority)
Made it Home 27 Aug 2018
Married 17 Nov 2018
APPROVED!!!!
I'm Home

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 04:53:40 PM »
Team Tollie WILL have a smooth flight day and an amazing reunion with her hubby :D
I unpacked 1st day...I AM NOT LEAVING AGAIN!!! LOL...I REFUSE!!....LOL The first night Nathan and I woke up and I thought I was skyping with him and not in the same room...It was the first time ever that I didn't know where I was...Its been amazing being back and its hit me a couple of times I'm back but still terrifies me because this process isn't completely over. We still have to do the FLR (M)? in a couple of months. I'm sure all will be ok but there is always that chance, isn't there? But we are remaining positive and as soon as that time comes to extend my stay I am bumbarding you all for information...;)

I am really looking forward to meeting you all and both Nathan and I marked Oct. 7th in our calendars. BLIZZARD PARTY!!!! :D :D

I did fiance > FLR(M) > FLR(M) > ILR, too.  On our wedding day, my husband looked so stressed (and almost sad!), and it's only taken me 'til the weekend before ILR to realize the reason he looked so down that day was not because he was marrying me, but because we had our in-person FLR(M) the next day, and he was so anxious about that!  I honestly thought his mood was disappointment, even though in every other way, he made it clear he was happy to be marrying me.

Anyway.  We got married, the next day we did FLR(M) in person, and then we went off to Wales and then the Lake District on a camping holiday honeymoon.  And it was fine!  FLR(M) is easier because you've done it once already (!!), and because you only have to show some correspondence and your marriage certificate for relationship evidence... not pages of the old chat logs, emails, boarding passes, etc.  And you already know how to do the financial and accommodation evidence.

Oh.  TeamTollie and I are just discussing the Blizzard party because I have a conflict... we're going to re-examine the date.  How are you with Saturday, October 27th?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 05:06:05 PM »

Glad you made it (eventually) :).

Oh.  TeamTollie and I are just discussing the Blizzard party because I have a conflict... we're going to re-examine the date.  How are you with Saturday, October 27th?

Just saw this - I would only be able to make the 27th if it was in the evening. I'm working the night shift in Lincoln the night before, then I'd have to sleep in the morning, and drive 3 hours back to Bristol in the afternoon! Any time on the 28th would be fine for me though.

The original date was actually perfect for me because I'll be in Bristol anyway from the 3rd until the 14th Oct, so it would only mean a 20-30 minute drive to the meet-up, instead of 3 hours each way.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 05:09:33 PM »
Glad you made it (eventually) :).

Just saw this - I would only be able to make the 27th if it was in the evening. I'm working the night shift in Lincoln the night before, then I'd have to sleep in the morning, and drive 3 hours back to Bristol in the afternoon! Any time on the 28th would be fine for me though.

The original date was actually perfect for me because I'll be in Bristol anyway from the 3rd until the 14th Oct, so it would only mean a 20-30 minute drive to the meet-up, instead of 3 hours each way.

My husband has a similar issue to you, only on the 7th... he can't make the 7th because it's a 3-hour drive for us, each way, and he has work the day before and the day after.  :/  I wish you were coming back from your remote assignment sooner.  My husband is off for the last week in September, so any time then would've worked just fine.  We should start a thread dedicated to coordinating this meetup... I'll open it in the Meetings and Events section.

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 05:45:43 PM »
I did fiance > FLR(M) > FLR(M) > ILR, too.  On our wedding day, my husband looked so stressed (and almost sad!), and it's only taken me 'til the weekend before ILR to realize the reason he looked so down that day was not because he was marrying me, but because we had our in-person FLR(M) the next day, and he was so anxious about that!  I honestly thought his mood was disappointment, even though in every other way, he made it clear he was happy to be marrying me.

Anyway.  We got married, the next day we did FLR(M) in person, and then we went off to Wales and then the Lake District on a camping holiday honeymoon.  And it was fine!  FLR(M) is easier because you've done it once already (!!), and because you only have to show some correspondence and your marriage certificate for relationship evidence... not pages of the old chat logs, emails, boarding passes, etc.  And you already know how to do the financial and accommodation evidence.

We do think it will be alot easier to do the FLR (M)...We are hoping...LOL..
As of right now...the 27th works for us....:D
Engaged 06 June 2018
Fiance Visa (Priority)
Made it Home 27 Aug 2018
Married 17 Nov 2018
APPROVED!!!!
I'm Home

• Liked: 537
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 06:44:51 PM »
I did fiance, FLR, FLR and apply for ILR next summer.

First one is nerve wracking just because you worry about the fact that it could be denied. As long as everything is the same as when you applied last, you'll be fine.

I even forgot to send them 6 months of bank statements when we applied by post last year and they asked me for them!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links