Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello All  (Read 3129 times)

• Liked: 15
Hello All
« on: August 30, 2018, 02:34:47 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new here. Happy to have found this forum! I'm just waiting for my wife's Visa to be approved coming from US. 51 days now since Docs received at Sheffield on standard and patiently waiting!
Hope all are well.

Paul

• Liked: 1327
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 03:30:22 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new here. Happy to have found this forum! I'm just waiting for my wife's Visa to be approved coming from US. 51 days now since Docs received at Sheffield on standard and patiently waiting!
Hope all are well.

Paul

Hi and welcome!  Your patience is admirable!  Most of us are not so patient.  I hope you get your approval soon!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
Hey Paul, welcome!  :)

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
Thank you jfkimberly! I have to be patient as the wife is the opposite of patience so I have to level it out for both our sake! But I will confess it's creeping into my mind more now it's hit the 50 days! Mainly because she's left her job now due to the 30 day notice period so if it's delayed beyond 60 days it will be me financially supporting her!
And thanks Larrabee!

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 04:35:59 PM »
Thank you jfkimberly! I have to be patient as the wife is the opposite of patience so I have to level it out for both our sake! But I will confess it's creeping into my mind more now it's hit the 50 days! Mainly because she's left her job now due to the 30 day notice period so if it's delayed beyond 60 days it will be me financially supporting her!
And thanks Larrabee!

Eep... have you looked on the non-priority thread to see how long standard applications are taking?  Might be worth a look so there's no surprises.

Are you counting days, or business days?  Please say business days!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 04:37:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum! How'd you find us? :) Always curious to know
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 04:43:08 PM »
Ha yes I'm counting business days from the day it delivered at Sheffield which was 2 days after the bio. I had a browse earlier and saw someone recently got theirs on day 60. I was never expecting any miracles tbh! It's funny how we take comfort in others having been or going through the same misery as us!

Thanks KissOfDeath! Those are not two words I use in the same sentence often! I am a member in a group on FB for USA_UK couples and saw someone mention this forum so I took a look at some of the threads and was nice to see how pleasant people are to each other! Some forums I've seen people are not so friendly for some strange reason. Not horrible but blunt and too the point so hard to feel comfortable tbh.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 04:47:50 PM »
Ha yes I'm counting business days from the day it delivered at Sheffield which was 2 days after the bio. I had a browse earlier and saw someone recently got theirs on day 60. I was never expecting any miracles tbh! It's funny how we take comfort in others having been or going through the same misery as us!

Thanks KissOfDeath! Those are not two words I use in the same sentence often! I am a member in a group on FB for USA_UK couples and saw someone mention this forum so I took a look at some of the threads and was nice to see how pleasant people are to each other! Some forums I've seen people are not so friendly for some strange reason. Not horrible but blunt and too the point so hard to feel comfortable tbh.

Yeah, this is a pretty good bunch of people.  I have been active in some other forums lately that are in stark contrast to how helpful, friendly, and supportive this one is.  It's made me appreciate this site so much more than I already did (and I already know I owe my ILR status to this site!).

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 04:49:33 PM »

While I do think sometimes people may end up being blunt because sometimes facts need to be given, I do think that we try to be friendly and welcoming in here :)  I do agree that some other forums I've seen/been on in the past have been less than friendly and less than helpful with the actual information they provide and there are some INCREDIBLY knowledgeable people on this forum :)
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 05:50:18 PM »
Looks like I’ve come to the right place! I would have got my wife to join as she’s the (hopefully soon to be!) expat but the whole visa process I literally arranged for her and just showed her where to sign! There’s so much material on this site though which is great. I’ve managed to learn a lot about the visa process as I researched everything a lot months prior to the application, hope it pays off and perhaps can help share some of what I’ve learned one day like you guys.
Regarding the other forums, yes I must say I’ve seen some people asking for help that refuse to accept the advice being given. But I read through here a bit before joining and seems like the level of support is just has that extra bit of care in it. Perhaps it’s what a blending of Americans and brits does! Merges the sensitive with the pragmatic!

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »
Looks like I’ve come to the right place! I would have got my wife to join as she’s the (hopefully soon to be!) expat but the whole visa process I literally arranged for her and just showed her where to sign! There’s so much material on this site though which is great. I’ve managed to learn a lot about the visa process as I researched everything a lot months prior to the application, hope it pays off and perhaps can help share some of what I’ve learned one day like you guys.
Regarding the other forums, yes I must say I’ve seen some people asking for help that refuse to accept the advice being given. But I read through here a bit before joining and seems like the level of support is just has that extra bit of care in it. Perhaps it’s what a blending of Americans and brits does! Merges the sensitive with the pragmatic!

I'd still encourage her to join! The support offered here goes far beyond just the initial visa process :) It's all about the aftercare as well. The homesickness and questions about finding creature comforts, included.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »
While I do think sometimes people may end up being blunt because sometimes facts need to be given, I do think that we try to be friendly and welcoming in here :)  I do agree that some other forums I've seen/been on in the past have been less than friendly and less than helpful with the actual information they provide and there are some INCREDIBLY knowledgeable people on this forum :)

I had a question years ago and I googled it and found another expat forum. I asked my question there and you know what one of them told me???

"Google is your friend"  ::)

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 06:05:56 PM »
I had a question years ago and I googled it and found another expat forum. I asked my question there and you know what one of them told me???

"Google is your friend"  ::)

LOL is this real life?! Please tell me with "clearly not a great friend considering it led me here to this incredibly unhelpful site...". :)
My, how time flies....

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 06:10:58 PM »
LOL is this real life?! Please tell me with "clearly not a great friend considering it led me here to this incredibly unhelpful site...". :)

I was like... how do you think I found you ?? But I didn't say that!  8)

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »
Google is your friend.... wow you must have been overwhelmed! Tbh I wish I had found this forum ages ago as I used google to some extent for pretty much everything. Could have saved myself a lot of time but looking back I’m confident everything was submitted ok. Had plenty of time to reflect on that!
And yes I did plan on mentioning it to her and getting her to sign up once she’s here!  Am sure there is a lot she can learn from this site as I’m sure there will be some struggles adapting to unforeseen cultural differences. Maybe someone can advise on the obvious lack of sun issue (She’s from Southern California) lol
Just gotta get that darn visa approved and hopefully good to go!

Sponsored Links