Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello All  (Read 3127 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Hello All
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2018, 05:31:49 PM »
I always say that LA is the perfect place to live if your bank account can deal with it! It's no fun there when everyday is a struggle to stay afloat.

I was staying afloat easily enough... free room (had to buy food, gas, etc.).  I just couldn't do as much as I would've liked... no shopping, limited shows, "eating out" usually meant the Del Taco drive through.  That sort of thing. But I was on a very aggressive (self-imposed) plan to eliminate my student debt, because debt-free living was more important to me than instant gratification/ having fun.  I would've liked to have achieved my debt-free goal before leaving LA, though.  Missed my chance to really enjoy it.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 216
Re: Hello All
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2018, 06:01:26 PM »
I was staying afloat easily enough... free room (had to buy food, gas, etc.).  I just couldn't do as much as I would've liked... no shopping, limited shows, "eating out" usually meant the Del Taco drive through.  That sort of thing. But I was on a very aggressive (self-imposed) plan to eliminate my student debt, because debt-free living was more important to me than instant gratification/ having fun.  I would've liked to have achieved my debt-free goal before leaving LA, though.  Missed my chance to really enjoy it.

I probably enjoyed it too much. LOL! But I have no regrets. I lived the way I wanted to there for a time and then I think I just tired. I was ready to go. And then I met my husband. So that kind of made the transition easier and purposeful. But I can't say I don't miss it... Most of all, I miss my friends. In my 18 years of living there, I met some of the most amazing people on earth. I have a lot of great memories.
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab