Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Visa application Priority with two previous refusals ? - please help  (Read 7464 times)

• Liked: 0
Thanks for the advice and guidance. 

re the 'letter of support for the visa, outlining how each requirement is met', is there any guidance or a  version I can look at please ? Requirements mean - finances, accommodation and relationship?
Thanks again for all your input

re: boarding passes from trips to see each other is it just in the year we have lived apart? (not for the previous 17 years of travel to and from the USA?) should I include tickets for all of us - 2 adults and 2 kids.
Thank you again.  Climbing the mountain with help is so much better.

• Liked: 3595
re the 'letter of support for the visa, outlining how each requirement is met', is there any guidance or a  version I can look at please ? Requirements mean - finances, accommodation and relationship?
Thanks again for all your input

There’s no official guidance, but you want to include a paragraph on each of the following:
- how you qualify to be a sponsor (UK citizenship)
- how you meet the financial requirement (Cat D cash savings)
- where you will live together in the U.K. (address, property details, permission from landlord)
- a short history of the relationship... facts, dates and locations only. You can mention your previous visas and also the refusals here, and also why you are choosing to move back to the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re: boarding passes from trips to see each other is it just in the year we have lived apart? (not for the previous 17 years of travel to and from the USA?) should I include tickets for all of us - 2 adults and 2 kids.
Thank you again.  Climbing the mountain with help is so much better.

Just the time you have been apart in the last year... you’re showing your relationship has been subsisting even though you are living in different countries.

Your childrens’ travel is not really relevant, as it’s evidence of you/your spouse travelling to see each other that  is important... but you can include their boarding passes as well if you like.

• Liked: 537
Yes, good point - I’m reading and replying on my phone at 3am during a night shift. I’ve added them in the relationship section of my list above.

I remember the time is way different for you and figured I'd mention it. 😁 3am is rough on everyone!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 387
If you have the paperwork for the previous visa refusals, include that as well.

(apologies if this has already been mentioned; I may have missed it)

If you have the paperwork for the previous visa refusals, include that as well.

(apologies if this has already been mentioned; I may have missed it)

I popped it in my document list above, but I wasn’t sure if it would be easily seen, so it’s good to mention it again :).

Hi people, we are putting the last few documents into our folder right now following your directions.  My husband is apoplectic at the thought of not putting the 2)   Sponsorship Undertaking (SU07/12) can anyone please tell me why it is not needed. 
Thanks all Percyberg

and finally the cover letter from my hubby.  Any guidelines?  apart from explaining the refusals.
Thanks again one and all for your input.
Much appreciated.

• Liked: 4985
The SU07 is required for adult dependents (parents).  As he is not your parent, you don’t need it.   ;)

• Liked: 4985
and finally the cover letter from my hubby.  Any guidelines?  apart from explaining the refusals.
Thanks again one and all for your input.
Much appreciated.

Usually all that is in the cover letter is the visa they are applying for, the date they would like the visa to be valid from (put the earliest date you would want him to move), and a table of contents.  It’s not required but people like to include one, particularly if they want to travel on a particular date.

Settlement Visa application Priority with two previous refusals ? - please help
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »
Usually all that is in the cover letter is the visa they are applying for, the date they would like the visa to be valid from (put the earliest date you would want him to move), and a table of contents.  It’s not required but people like to include one, particularly if they want to travel on a particular date.

Actually, the cover letter should also be used to explain:
- anything unusual about the documents (I.e. if something is missing)
- any criminal convictions
- any previous bad U.K. immigration history... such as previous refusals, previous refused entries, illegal overstaying or illegal working in the U.K.

In straightforward cases, it will just include:
- visa type
- date you want it to start
- table of contents

But in more complicated application cases, like this one, it should include:
- visa type
- date you want it to start
- paragraph explaining visa refusals
- table of contents

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 06:01:29 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 6110
Hi people, we are putting the last few documents into our folder right now following your directions.  My husband is apoplectic at the thought of not putting the 2)   Sponsorship Undertaking (SU07/12) can anyone please tell me why it is not needed. 
Thanks all Percyberg

And if it helps, you can point out to him that we've all been through this and were all approved without including the unnecessary SU07.  :)

• Liked: 537
Can second that I was approved for my visa without that form.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links