Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Northern Irish man getting ready to apply for a spousal visa for US spouse  (Read 6135 times)

• Liked: 29
Hey guys, first off I just want to say thank you all so much for all the effort you guys put into replying and taking time to painstakingly help so many people. I am so busy I find it hard to even update my Facebook status, never mind read through paragraphs of others. So before I even have received a reply, I am already indebted to you guys. My honeybee and I have been so pained by different stuff that has happened in our personal lives and the visa stuff have added so much added anxiety and worry, so the assistance you guys give to hundreds in the same situation cannot be underplayed! Hope this post isn't  two long or verbose, I know that a bit of background is appreciated so I have tried to be as personable as I can.
A bitta background about me and my Wifey, we met on a dating site in 2015 (I in NI and she in England working) and we got engaged the next year. However due to me studying a degree part time I was not able to qualify for the financial requirement for either the spousal of fiancee visa. Sadly in 2017 due to family matters back in the States she had to return home. We got married in the US over this summer and in June I finished my degree popping my work hours up to meet the financial requirement. So we are finally looking at tackling the intimidating giant that is the UK Spousal Visa!
I have Irish, British Nationality, born in the North and we have decided that for all intensive purposes the UK is where we want to settle. My background is in the Community/Charity sector and I have recently gained a Community Development Degree, it’s a small pond over here and I have been building connections over here for the past few years. Also my wifey was working in the UK for almost 7 years (She had charity worker visas and a tier two) so to her the UK is where she became her own woman and she prefers it to the states. Any other questions about us and our situation please feel free to ask if it’s applicable. I have a couple of questions that are rattling around my head and I would be really glad to have some expert advice!

Applying as the British National on behalf of my US Spouse

My wife's health is not the best and currently due to a couple of reasons regarding to family and her current situation it makes more sense for me to apply on her behalf. I was just wondering if this is ok for the GOV? Or does it need to be done by the non UK spouse entirely? I understand there are documents that she needs to get, biometrics etc but apart from those things as far as I guess I can fill it out on her behalf?

Proof of relationship

Hey guys, still one I am not 100% sure about. My wife and I have know each other since 2015 and that is when we first started chatting etc. Our early convos were mainly done using Skype and now regretfully (As it self deletes messages) KIK. I have just found out that Skype saves your previous message within your device and not in a ‘cloud’ like storage connected to your account. I used to Skype her using an old work laptop which as I have long since left that job is no longer within my lil mitts! So the early Skype records are away! Sob!

I do have a few emails and plane tickets back and from England (Flying from Belfast) but our ‘conversations’ in 2015 is quite limited. Once we get into 2016 however we mainly used Facebook, KIK and thankfully Whatsapp, so we start to have more evidence. I was wondering in terms of regularity what would be best? We have been chatting since 2015, so it’s a fairly hefty timescale and I am hesitant to produce a weighty tome to the visa people! Also I am finding the process of flitting through and loading old messages is taking a lot more time than I thought. So any pointers would be great guys.

Best spousal visa for the job

I am currently employed by a charity and my contract ends in March of 2019, however I have talked to some co workers and a project manager and it seems that they are keen on keeping me onl, I have busted my butt off and thankfully it has been noticed. It seems that most people start off on a contract and end up staying. Regardless of this I have been thinking of applying for some permanent jobs. However I had assumed that I could combine say : Old Jobs last 3 Months Earning  + New Jobs last 3 months earnings and use that as my previous 6 months earnings to apply for the Spousal visa. However I have been looking at some posts and think I may need corrected on this!

Alot or a little

As most of us will know we can bump into people who give us conflicting advice. I have heard people say ‘It’s best to give them as much evidence as you can’ however I do hear people say ‘Give them the bare bones and just the stuff they are looking for’. So regarding this, which is the right one? Also what other ‘extra supporting documents’ would be worth putting in? For example : A letter from a Pastor, Politician etc? Sorry if it seems a dumb question I am just pretty keen on getting my missus back.

Stateside swag

I know that for US citizens there is an appointment they have to do to get biometrics and stuff. She is in Southern Indiana, for these appointments do they have a centre in each state or will she have to trek across the US for her appointment? Her health isn't the best at times so big journeys ain't fun.

Other bits and bobs

Another question that I have. Earlier this year she came and stayed for under 3 months from January 2018 to March 2018. Since she was flying from the US she landed in Dublin and I picked her up from there. We only made this choice as financially and logistically it made best sense for us at the time. The Irish immigration people at the airport advised her to fly into Belfast next time. When I am filling in the application would it be worth my while explaining her time in the North in a letter? EG ‘At this time my wife flew in via Dublin, we did this unaware of the complications this could cause and because it made financial sense to us at the time. She stayed  under three months and left on (date).’

Just wanting to stay safe etc

Also when does the 6 month without a visa period reset? Does it run from January to January of the following year or from the date of the last exit from the UK?

Northern Irish

Also any other Northern Irish people here who have made the jump or are in the process of? Misery loves company and any advise or helpful pointers would be great! I don't know if I can afford a solicitor but if any have any NI recommendations it might be good to have a few names! Thanks in advance guys, hope I haven't swamped you here. Just trying to put in as much as I can here to avoid me pinging endless (though inevitable) follow up questions! Much love!
Visa Type: Spouse Visa
Priority Service: Yes
Online app submitted: 14th Feb 2019
Biometrics & docs sent: 20th Feb 2019 (Resent 28/02/19)
Application delivered in NY: (Originally Refused) Accepted 01st March 2019
Application received email from Sheffield: March 4th 2019
Decision made email: 22/03/19
Passport received:(YES!!! 27/03/18)

By endurance we conquer

• Liked: 3595
Re: Northern Irish man getting ready to apply for a spousal visa for US spouse
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 07:46:48 PM »
Welcome :).

Applying as the British National on behalf of my US Spouse

My wife's health is not the best and currently due to a couple of reasons regarding to family and her current situation it makes more sense for me to apply on her behalf. I was just wondering if this is ok for the GOV? Or does it need to be done by the non UK spouse entirely? I understand there are documents that she needs to get, biometrics etc but apart from those things as far as I guess I can fill it out on her behalf?

Officially it will be her who applies - she needs to submit the online application form from the US, print and complete the VAF4a Appendix 2 form, attend biometrics in the US, mail her documents to the UK etc. You can help her apply and help her fill out the forms, but ultimately, she is the one who submits them and who applies for the visa.

Proof of relationship

Hey guys, still one I am not 100% sure about. My wife and I have know each other since 2015 and that is when we first started chatting etc. Our early convos were mainly done using Skype and now regretfully (As it self deletes messages) KIK. I have just found out that Skype saves your previous message within your device and not in a ‘cloud’ like storage connected to your account. I used to Skype her using an old work laptop which as I have long since left that job is no longer within my lil mitts! So the early Skype records are away! Sob!

I do have a few emails and plane tickets back and from England (Flying from Belfast) but our ‘conversations’ in 2015 is quite limited. Once we get into 2016 however we mainly used Facebook, KIK and thankfully Whatsapp, so we start to have more evidence. I was wondering in terms of regularity what would be best? We have been chatting since 2015, so it’s a fairly hefty timescale and I am hesitant to produce a weighty tome to the visa people! Also I am finding the process of flitting through and loading old messages is taking a lot more time than I thought. So any pointers would be great guys.

Basically, you want to provide whatever you can to show regular communication since 2015.

- Most important is time you have spent together in person, so you provide boarding passes/tickets etc. for visits to see each other
- next, you can send any cards/letters you have mailed/given to each other
- after that, you can include maybe 2-3 pages from each type of other communication, covering the last 3 years... so 2-3 pages of Skype calls/conversations (from whatever date range you have) - just a list of dates and times, no message content, and 2-3 pages of Facebook calls/messages (no message content), and 2-3 pages of Kik messages (no message content) etc.

I am currently employed by a charity and my contract ends in March of 2019, however I have talked to some co workers and a project manager and it seems that they are keen on keeping me onl, I have busted my butt off and thankfully it has been noticed. It seems that most people start off on a contract and end up staying. Regardless of this I have been thinking of applying for some permanent jobs. However I had assumed that I could combine say : Old Jobs last 3 Months Earning  + New Jobs last 3 months earnings and use that as my previous 6 months earnings to apply for the Spousal visa. However I have been looking at some posts and think I may need corrected on this!

For the financial requirements, unless you have been earning an annual salary of at least £18,600, with the same company for a minimum of 6 months, you will need to provide 12 months of payslips and bank statements showing total earnings (before tax) of £18,600.

So, you must prove:
- you have a current, guaranteed job paying at least £18,600 per year
AND
- you have earned at least £18,600 before tax in the last 12 months

You provide:
- 12 full months of payslips showing a minimum of £18,600 earned
- 12 full months of bank statements showing the deposit of every payslip
- a letter from your employer stating your employment and current annual salary of at least £18,600,  length of employment, length of time earning that salary, type of employment, and that you will continue to earn at least £18,600 per year
Optional but recommended:
- original job contract
- latest P60

Alot or a little

As most of us will know we can bump into people who give us conflicting advice. I have heard people say ‘It’s best to give them as much evidence as you can’ however I do hear people say ‘Give them the bare bones and just the stuff they are looking for’. So regarding this, which is the right one? Also what other ‘extra supporting documents’ would be worth putting in? For example : A letter from a Pastor, Politician etc? Sorry if it seems a dumb question I am just pretty keen on getting my missus back.

No, you should not provide 'extra documents' as they cannot be considered and will only clutter the application, making it harder for them to see the important stuff.

ONLY provide the required documents and nothing more.

The only relationship letter they can consider is a sponsor letter of support from you. That's it.

Any other letters will be ignored.

Stateside swag

I know that for US citizens there is an appointment they have to do to get biometrics and stuff. She is in Southern Indiana, for these appointments do they have a centre in each state or will she have to trek across the US for her appointment? Her health isn't the best at times so big journeys ain't fun.

The biometrics will be done by US immigration at a USCIS Application Support Centre on behalf of UKVI. There are 129 centres across the US she can choose from.

She can find her nearest one here:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

Other bits and bobs

Another question that I have. Earlier this year she came and stayed for under 3 months from January 2018 to March 2018. Since she was flying from the US she landed in Dublin and I picked her up from there. We only made this choice as financially and logistically it made best sense for us at the time. The Irish immigration people at the airport advised her to fly into Belfast next time. When I am filling in the application would it be worth my while explaining her time in the North in a letter? EG ‘At this time my wife flew in via Dublin, we did this unaware of the complications this could cause and because it made financial sense to us at the time. She stayed  under three months and left on (date).’

If she enters through Ireland, she goes through Irish immigration only and her visa will be an Irish visitor visa, which allows a maximum of 3 months stay in either Ireland or the UK... because there are no immigration controls between Ireland and the UK.

So, all she had was a 3-month Irish visitor visa... which will be why they advised her to come in through Belfast, as she would have been give a 6-month UK visitor visa. Also, some people will try to enter through Ireland to get into the UK as a way to circumvent UK immigration rules (i.e. if they have been refused entry to the UK), so it can potentially look a bit suspicious if she enters through Ireland all the time.

Also, when she has her spousal visa, she CANNOT enter through Ireland, she should fly into Belfast (or another UK city), because her visa needs to be stamped by UK immigration when she first arrives, which will not happen if she comes in through Ireland.

Also when does the 6 month without a visa period reset? Does it run from January to January of the following year or from the date of the last exit from the UK?

There is no set limit. Each time she enters they will look at how long it's been since she was last here, how much time she has spent in the UK in the last few months, and whether it looks like she is using the visitor visa to 'live' in the UK. If they feel she is abusing the UK visitor visa rules by spending too much time here, they can decide to refuse her entry to the UK.

Northern Irish

Also any other Northern Irish people here who have made the jump or are in the process of? Misery loves company and any advise or helpful pointers would be great! I don't know if I can afford a solicitor but if any have any NI recommendations it might be good to have a few names! Thanks in advance guys, hope I haven't swamped you here. Just trying to put in as much as I can here to avoid me pinging endless (though inevitable) follow up questions! Much love!

I'm not Northern Irish, but I would NOT recommend using a solicitor. The visa is straightforward and can easily be done for free with the help of this forum. I've seen so many people here find the forum after being given extremely bad advice by a solicitor who didn't know what they were doing (one solicitor a couple of months ago actually caused someone's refusal! They reapplied with our help and now have their visa and have just moved to the UK a few days ago).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 07:52:11 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »
Hi Ksand 24, apologies about the delayed reply. I like to read and digest what I have read before I reply, many times I have realized I can misread things and end up asking daft questions. So I like it like my tea, I let it brew and settle in my mind to make sure I don't waste time with pointless questions! I am not totally sure how to quote sections of text but I will try my best!

First thank you so much for your reply, what a full response and great info.

‘Officially it will be her who applies - she needs to submit the online application form from the US, print and complete the VAF4a Appendix 2 form, attend biometrics in the US, mail her documents to the UK etc. You can help her apply and help her fill out the forms, but ultimately, she is the one who submits them and who applies for the visa.’

Thank you very much for this.That clears all that up!

Proof of relationship

Thanks your reply clears up alot! I think half the stress comes from worrying about the unknown, thanks!

Thanks for that, that clears things up. Switching jobs would not be good as I have been working 4 days up until June. So changing the job would mean that I would have to provide my annual earnings and since I just finished a degree and have only recently been put up to full time it would be best for me to go the 6 month, same job route, considering it is looking that the job is going permanent.

Alot or a little

Thanks! That settles that up, wouldn’t want to clutter things!

Other bits and bobs

So glad I asked! I never would have known about the Irish rules about entry into the UK. That means we can at least have her over for 6 months. Brilliant to know.

Northern Irish

Yknow what, I had heard some horror stories, including a friend who had three solicitors and found out they were rubbish! Seems they must not be alone!

I can’t thank you enough KSand24, how do you amazing people keep all this knowledge in your heads! I will probably have many questions further down the line, I was thinking that it would probably be best for me to keep them in this thread rather than starting a new one?
PS: I will treat you to a pint if we ever meet!

By endurance we conquer

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 10:09:40 PM »
I am not totally sure how to quote sections of text but I will try my best!

Ah, if you press the quote button in the top right corner of the post you want to quote, it will insert their post into the reply box. Then you can just select the part you want to quote and either press the 'Insert Quote' button in the options above the reply box, or you can manually type quote boxes around the text

For example (taking out the * - I've just put them in so the quote text shows up):
[quote*]This is the text I want to quote[/quote*]

Thanks for that, that clears things up. Switching jobs would not be good as I have been working 4 days up until June. So changing the job would mean that I would have to provide my annual earnings and since I just finished a degree and have only recently been put up to full time it would be best for me to go the 6 month, same job route, considering it is looking that the job is going permanent.

Yeah, that's probably the best option - it's what most people who have recently finished a degree end up having to do, because they won't have earned enough in the last 12 months to meet the requirement.

Other bits and bobs

So glad I asked! I never would have known about the Irish rules about entry into the UK. That means we can at least have her over for 6 months. Brilliant to know.

Just be aware that although the UK visitor visa allows up to 6 months, that doesn't mean she will be able to stay for 6 months. She'll need to be able to show strong ties to the US to prove she will definitely leave the UK before the 6 months are up and that she won't be tempted to overstay in the UK just to be with you.

Yknow what, I had heard some horror stories, including a friend who had three solicitors and found out they were rubbish! Seems they must not be alone!

I think the issue is not necessarily that they are bad lawyers, but that they are not used to dealing with straightforward applications made from outside the UK. Most immigration lawyers based in the UK are used to dealing with complicated circumstances, such as appealing visa refusals, asylum seekers, trying to get permission to stay when they don't qualify for a visa etc. So, very few of them will know how an application made in the US works, and what the process is... so they end up giving incorrect advice.

Here on the forum though, we answer the same questions every day and we know the immigration rules pretty much inside out. We also use other people's personal experiences to gauge processing times and what things will cause refusals. I've been helping out on the forum for over 11 years and have just soaked it all up over the years. I think we've helped well over 1,000 people successfully apply for their visas, mainly from the US... how many immigration lawyers based in NI will have dealt with that many cases? I bet they only see 1 or 2 US applications per year at most.

As a result, there are only 2 law firms we recommend here, because we know they specialise in US to UK applications (one based in London, the other in New York and London), but they are expensive, and we only recommend using them if you have a really complicated application... such as the US applicant has serious criminal convictions or a history of refused visas or illegal working/overstaying in the UK.

I can’t thank you enough KSand24, how do you amazing people keep all this knowledge in your heads! I will probably have many questions further down the line, I was thinking that it would probably be best for me to keep them in this thread rather than starting a new one?
PS: I will treat you to a pint if we ever meet!

Yes, it's easier if you keep everything in one thread, because that way we can easily check back to see what your situation is  and what advice you've already been given. If everything is spread out over several threads, then it's easy to forget what you've been told and then we have to hunt through them all to find out.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 07:28:05 PM »
Wow, thanks so much ksand24

Yeah, that's probably the best option - it's what most people who have recently finished a degree end up having to do, because they won't have earned enough in the last 12 months to meet the requirement.

That's good defo cleared that up for me. Also heard from another Project Manager that the powers that be have decreed that my contract is extended. Good times!

Just be aware that although the UK visitor visa allows up to 6 months, that doesn't mean she will be able to stay for 6 months. She'll need to be able to show strong ties to the US to prove she will definitely leave the UK before the 6 months are up and that she won't be tempted to overstay in the UK just to be with you.

Thanks, I have mulled this over. Would a return ticket, a letter from me declaring our "future plans to adhere to all UK law and apply for a spousal visa which necessitates her leaving the UK do?"

Opening an account

I was wondering if there was anyway to see the list of the online application form without opening an account on the GOV website? Scared of my wifey and I making a hash of it on our first attempts to fill it in. Does she have to be in the US to open an account or could she open one when she was visiting or would I be able to open one on her behalf. Obviously leaving her to populate it and fill it in? Sounds a bit like overkill I know! Just wondering!

[b]Tricky Appendix 3.20[/b]

Have had a wee look over the VAFA4A  and noticed on question 3.20

What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application?

Since I have only been working full time since July I may not have brought in the current full time annual salary, however I am applying for the 6 months method, I take it that despite the figure being lower it wont affect the application too much? How is the best way of passing this information on? Should I pop an aster ix saying "Please see Part 5 additional information relating to 3.20?" and in there explain my increase of hours in July and my study situation before then?

Cant thank you enough ksand24

By endurance we conquer

Northern Irish man getting ready to apply for a spousal visa for US spouse
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 07:51:33 PM »
Thanks, I have mulled this over. Would a return ticket, a letter from me declaring our "future plans to adhere to all UK law and apply for a spousal visa which necessitates her leaving the UK do?"

That would help but it’s unlikely to be enough, unfortunately - she needs to provide hard evidence to show she MUST return to the US and therefore will not be tempted to overstay.

For example:
- evidence of a US job to return to
- evidence of maintaining a home in the US while away
- evidence of any other commitments she must be back for

Opening an account

I was wondering if there was anyway to see the list of the online application form without opening an account on the GOV website? Scared of my wifey and I making a hash of it on our first attempts to fill it in. Does she have to be in the US to open an account or could she open one when she was visiting or would I be able to open one on her behalf. Obviously leaving her to populate it and fill it in? Sounds a bit like overkill I know! Just wondering!

You can make an account whenever you like, and then just use an email address and password that you both know so you can both log in.

She must be in the US to submit the application, but you can start filling it out when she is in the U.K.

[b]Tricky Appendix 3.20[/b]

Have had a wee look over the VAFA4A  and noticed on question 3.20

What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application?

Since I have only been working full time since July I may not have brought in the current full time annual salary, however I am applying for the 6 months method, I take it that despite the figure being lower it wont affect the application too much? How is the best way of passing this information on? Should I pop an aster ix saying "Please see Part 5 additional information relating to 3.20?" and in there explain my increase of hours in July and my study situation before then?

If you are applying under Category A, using 6 months of income then you do not answer 3.20, because that is only for Category B applicants.

Therefore you complete:
3.1 - No
3.2 - Tick first box
3.3 - tick first box and Category A
3.4-3.11 - fill in with your employment details
3.12 - Tick yes
Go to 3.21
3.21 - Tick yes
3.22 - leave blank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 12:42:36 PM »
Hey guys, thanks again for all the help! I’m back again haha!

Just some questions about the Online Application Form connected to the Visa

“Have you ever voluntarily elected to depart the UK?”

Not too sure what this means and as per, I’d rather prefer the advice of the good people here rather than a risky google search. So any answer for this one would be good as with her last Tier 2 Visa she had to leave before her visa ended because her mum back home got very sick. So does this count?

Also I’ve been wondering about questions 80 to 84, regarding medical treatment etc

While my (now wife) was working in the UK she had to have emergency surgery and spent a few spells in hospital. Also she was taking medication prescribed by the NHS during her time in the UK (She returned to America due to her mother’s failing health) I was wondering what information exactly are they looking for?

Do I put down each hospital visit? If so does she also count her prescriptions etc.? I am worried because I am not sure exactly how we are going to find out dates etc and how to correctly input it onto the form. Also I was wondering how I then input the ‘Treatment start date’ and ‘Treatment end date’ if I am including a series of treatments? Thank you really appreciate it.

By endurance we conquer

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 01:11:30 PM »
Hey guys, thanks again for all the help! I’m back again haha!

Just some questions about the Online Application Form connected to the Visa

“Have you ever voluntarily elected to depart the UK?”

Not too sure what this means and as per, I’d rather prefer the advice of the good people here rather than a risky google search. So any answer for this one would be good as with her last Tier 2 Visa she had to leave before her visa ended because her mum back home got very sick. So does this count?

That question only applies to illegal overstayers who have been caught by UKVI, arrested and detained, but and chosen to depart voluntarily instead of being removed from the U.K.

Also I’ve been wondering about questions 80 to 84, regarding medical treatment etc

While my (now wife) was working in the UK she had to have emergency surgery and spent a few spells in hospital. Also she was taking medication prescribed by the NHS during her time in the UK (She returned to America due to her mother’s failing health) I was wondering what information exactly are they looking for?

They are looking to make sure she has paid for any NHS treatment she was not entitled to get for free... because if she has more than £500 in unpaid NHS debt, the visa will be refused.

As she had a Tier 2 she was entitled to free treatment anyway.

Do I put down each hospital visit? If so does she also count her prescriptions etc.? I am worried because I am not sure exactly how we are going to find out dates etc and how to correctly input it onto the form. Also I was wondering how I then input the ‘Treatment start date’ and ‘Treatment end date’ if I am including a series of treatments? Thank you really appreciate it.

As she was living in the U.K. on a Tier 2 Visa, she was entitled to use the NHS for free during that time, so I would probably put the start and end dates as being the dates she lived in the UK (or from when she started receiving treatment), and maybe say something like, ‘various GP visits, treatment and prescriptions while on a Tier 2 visa’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »
Man ksand24,

You are like the quickest gunslinger in the west. Thank you for this, this is really something else. This is really helping! Putting some minds at ease here!  :D

By endurance we conquer

Hi guys and most importantly (ksand24)  ;)

Been busy with a whole lot of things and just looking for a wee question. I know that there are items and documents that need to be posted withing 28 days of you online application. I just wondering what they were? I keep trying to get a list but there always seems to be inconsistencies with what people list.

Thank you all in advance, this is a great reference service.   

By endurance we conquer

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 03:10:04 PM »
The documents that must be dated no more than 28 days before the online application date are the financial documents.

Namely:
- the latest payslip
- the latest bank statement
- the employer letter

Ideally your other documents (like sponsor letter and landlord letter) should be dated as close to the online application date as possible, but they do not have to be within 28 days.

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 03:25:37 PM »
The documents that must be dated no more than 28 days before the online application date are the financial documents.

Namely:
- the latest payslip
- the latest bank statement
- the employer letter

Ideally your other documents (like sponsor letter and landlord letter) should be dated as close to the online application date as possible, but they do not have to be within 28 days.

Fantastic, thanks so much Ksand24, I had heard that the 'house inspection' document had to be within that date which was having me worried as I was unsure just how long one could take to get etc.

By endurance we conquer

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 03:28:38 PM »
Fantastic, thanks so much Ksand24, I had heard that the 'house inspection' document had to be within that date which was having me worried as I was unsure just how long one could take to get etc.

You do not need a housing inspection report, so you don't have to worry about that.

If you own the property, you just need:
- Land Registry Document
- Optional: latest original mortgage statement

If you rent, you need:
- original tenancy agreement
- letter from the landlord giving the visa applicant permission to live there (if they are not already named on the tenancy)

If you will be living with family or friends, you need:
- letter from the homeowner giving you permission to live there and stating the home will not be overcrowded
- Land Registry Document

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »
You do not need a housing inspection report, so you don't have to worry about that.

If you own the property, you just need:
- Land Registry Document

If you rent, you need:
- original tenancy agreement
- letter from the landlord giving the visa applicant permission to live there (if they are not already named on the tenancy)

If you will be living with family or friends, you need:
- letter from the homeowner giving you permission to live there and stating the home will not be overcrowded
- Land Registry Document

Wow, I am so glad I joined this site, we are planning to live with family, for so long I was convinced we needed a housing inspection. Pure example of how lost I would be without this site. Thanks Ksand24

By endurance we conquer

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 07:18:53 PM »
Hey guys. Another wee question about documents.

I am just wondering how the relation between the applicant documents and sponsor documents as regards to mailing etc

I think I have been under the assumption that I the sponsor, would send my documents over to the applicant (my wife) who would herself after applying online, mail all the documents herself. However I think I may have this wrong as I have been anxious about :

1, Gathering all the 28 day docs together
2, The timescale of sending them to America
3, The timescale of them going from America to the UK

Sorry for being so plebby I have been ill over the last few days. Hope you are all having a happy Wednesday.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:29:13 PM by Shackleton_E »

By endurance we conquer

Sponsored Links