Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Nando's in Seattle  (Read 1883 times)

• Moving to London area late 2019 - early 2020
    • Our band - Ockham's Razor
  • Liked: 42
Nando's in Seattle
« on: September 09, 2018, 12:20:33 AM »
Just had to laugh when I saw this in the grocery store here in Seattle...

Ok, so we don't actually have a Nando's in Seattle but to see the sauces in the grocery store was funny. And not even in the import section.

• Liked: 111
Re: Nando's in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 12:29:43 AM »
I live in a suburb of Houston with a large British population. Our grocery stores carry all those Nando’s sauces (we don’t have a Nando’s either) and have size-able British sections amongst many other ethnic cuisines. Just outside of my subdivision is an Indian grocer that’s recently changed their business description from Indian Food Store to Indian and British Food Store because they have started offering more British things like the sauce.

What’s funny is to see the British discover the Nando’s sauces and literally buy five or six of them at a time. I once watched a woman literally throw an entire box of peppermint Aero bars into her basket, around 15 bars, and just rip one open to scarf it in the aisle. I was impressed! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 08:29:41 AM »
There are Nando's on the east coast so they are obviously making an inroad into the US!  My friend who visited in January just took her little brother to one in DC.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 08:34:42 AM »
Just had to laugh when I saw this in the grocery store here in Seattle...

Ok, so we don't actually have a Nando's in Seattle but to see the sauces in the grocery store was funny. And not even in the import section.

Do they have the marinades too? I wonder if they have the same thing where hot is as hot as medium in the store.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 11:52:06 AM »
I have lived in the UK almost 11 years and I went to Nandos for the very first time ever on Saturday.  It was fine, but I have no idea why it's such a big thing.   ???  ???
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 12:48:07 PM »
I have lived in the UK almost 11 years and I went to Nandos for the very first time ever on Saturday.  It was fine, but I have no idea why it's such a big thing.   ???  ???

I'm with you.  My husband ONLY ever wants to go to Nandos.  It's not consistent.  Sometimes it's good, most of the time it's meh.  And it's expensive for what it is.  I don't like getting up and down from the table all the time (to order, refill drinks, get sauces, plates, cutlery, etc.).  For that money, serve me my food.

Oh and I usually need a microscope to find the chicken anymore.  Gets smaller every time!

They are good for allergies.  That's about it though.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 01:45:01 PM »
I'm with you.  My husband ONLY ever wants to go to Nandos.  It's not consistent.  Sometimes it's good, most of the time it's meh.  And it's expensive for what it is.  I don't like getting up and down from the table all the time (to order, refill drinks, get sauces, plates, cutlery, etc.).  For that money, serve me my food.

Oh and I usually need a microscope to find the chicken anymore.  Gets smaller every time!

They are good for allergies.  That's about it though.

Nando's was my first introduction to British chain casual dining. And yeah, the food quality varies a lot. The best Nando's has been in London for me whereas the one locally tends to be okay. I still like their sandwhich and fries not to me toon they have cloudy lemonade!!, Since I don't like British Chinese (tastes a lot like curry to me) and I get sick of pub food, it's a nice change.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 03:51:18 PM »

It's got a lot going for it, free ice water, relatively healthy grilled chicken, good corn on the cob and the biggest private collection of South African art in the world.  The nuts and olives are great as appetisers.  The only downside is the cost.

• Moving to London area late 2019 - early 2020
    • Our band - Ockham's Razor
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 05:32:47 PM »
It's probably the same way some people don't find the attraction to Chick-Fil-A here or why people love Target. But for those who do, there it is. :)

Although I've been told that there ARE apparently Nando's here in the US on the East Coast. Didn't know that.

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 09:43:22 PM »
Yep Nando's and Pret a Manger on the east coast. I'm surprised Pret hasn't caught on as much, it should be right up the 'healthy eating' alley.

• Liked: 216
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 11:48:58 PM »
I actually really like Nando's. I feel like I can get a healthy meal there. The chicken seems very fresh. The corn on the cob is good too. I've never been disappointed eating there. I always get the chicken butterfly with the mango & lime marinade. And I LOVE the Peri-salted chips!  :)
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 12:02:09 PM »
It's probably the same way some people don't find the attraction to Chick-Fil-A here

WHAT?!?!???  There are people who don't find an attraction to Chick-fil-a?!?!?!????  Who are these weirdos?!?!?!??

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 02:32:57 PM »
WHAT?!?!???  There are people who don't find an attraction to Chick-fil-a?!?!?!????  Who are these weirdos?!?!?!??

Isn't Chick fil a run by evil religious nutters?  I boycott them, which is admittedly pretty easy. 

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
Isn't Chick fil a run by evil religious nutters?  I boycott them, which is admittedly pretty easy. 

I think the founder of chickfila is a religious nutter who has made some off-comments.  But I've heard a lot of that is disproven and blown out of proportion.  The company's stance is that anyone and everyone is welcome to work and come to their establishment.

• Liked: 21
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 04:52:43 PM »
I'm with the "meh" Nando's crowd. It's perfectly okay, I'd go back, but I also wouldn't go out of my way to go there. I do occasionally buy their marinades in the store though.

I really like Chik fil A, but Wendy's is my favorite. I'm fairly apolitical and not bothered about Chik fil A's religious or political standpoints- they have good chicken! I agree that some of that was blown out of proportion. I also appreciate that they are closed on Sundays, as they want their employees to enjoy that day off. When so much of America is consumer-driven and operates on 24/7 services, that's a big breath a fresh air.
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab