Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone on this route?  (Read 677 times)

• Liked: 537
Anyone on this route?
« on: September 13, 2018, 07:59:45 PM »
I have to drive down to Hampshire tomorrow for work and I was wondering if anyone is along the route and would want to say hi in the afternoon sometime?

I'm driving on the M40 and A34 heading bearish to Eastleigh.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
Re: Anyone on this route?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:20:35 PM »
Not super close, but if you end up down this way again give more than a day's notice and I'd be happy to come say hello! My husbands family is out that way.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 09:02:48 PM »
Not super close, but if you end up down this way again give more than a day's notice and I'd be happy to come say hello! My husbands family is out that way.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Awesome! I will probably be that way in the future. It is only today I found out I AM driving myself. Bit nerve wracking as I haven't driven that far by myself here in the UK. And I've never gone that far south.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 114
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »
I have to drive down to Hampshire tomorrow for work and I was wondering if anyone is along the route and would want to say hi in the afternoon sometime?

I'm driving on the M40 and A34 heading bearish to Eastleigh.
When?!  I am kind of, sort of on the way - work in Salisbury.  But I also don't drive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 10:01:39 PM »
When?!  I am kind of, sort of on the way - work in Salisbury.  But I also don't drive.

I'm not 100% sure. We have a meeting at 10.30, then have a little bit to do in Bishop's Waltham then I had back north

• Liked: 114
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 06:35:22 AM »
I'm not 100% sure. We have a meeting at 10.30, then have a little bit to do in Bishop's Waltham then I had back north
Oh darn... Bishops is on the east side of Eastleigh so a bit more of a detour.  And I wouldn't be able to leave work until I'm actually off at 5 as SDH is on the outskirts of Salisbury so public transport would take too long on my lunch break.  The joys of not working in the city centre and being able to pop around the corner to a cafe.

Maybe another time!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 09:38:37 AM »
Why don't you come have lunch with me and my wife in Twickenham?  It's totally on your way if you are coming up the m3 to the m25 and then up to the m40.  You'll drive right next to my house.  I'm home today because of a dentist appointment at 3:30 and my only plans are to have lunch out with my wife. 

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 10:14:16 AM »
Just looked at the map and I was wrong, it will be a bit out of your way because you'll have to pass the exit for the M25 by about 20 minutes .  Still pretty easy though and we can have lunch at a riverside pub. 

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 10:39:29 AM »
Oh no! If only you were slightly closer! You're about an hour drive away from me! :(
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 957
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 12:00:35 PM »
Oh no! If only you were slightly closer! You're about an hour drive away from me! :(
That's what I was thinking! Next time with a lil notice can definitely meet up.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 03:05:15 PM »
Hey guys!

Sorry, had a bit of a stressful day on the Friday with a 7am leave time for the meeting at 10.30am.. I think I may have gotten a speeding ticket near Birmingham, darn variable speed limits and Birmingham actually having cameras on. (I saw a triple flash in my rear view mirror and couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was.)

It was a bit last minute because I might have gotten a ride down with my boss, but he ended up getting a hotel room down south as he had had another meeting on the Thursday.

Then I didn't leave down south until 3.30 which made traffic so fun...  :( Basically my day went crap. ah, well.

It's still a bit stressful driving on the 'wrong side of the car' for me in a manual and then driving on roads I don't know and following SatNav directions. Always fun.

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 05:41:32 PM »
Hey guys!

Sorry, had a bit of a stressful day on the Friday with a 7am leave time for the meeting at 10.30am.. I think I may have gotten a speeding ticket near Birmingham, darn variable speed limits and Birmingham actually having cameras on. (I saw a triple flash in my rear view mirror and couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was.)

It was a bit last minute because I might have gotten a ride down with my boss, but he ended up getting a hotel room down south as he had had another meeting on the Thursday.

Then I didn't leave down south until 3.30 which made traffic so fun...  :( Basically my day went crap. ah, well.

It's still a bit stressful driving on the 'wrong side of the car' for me in a manual and then driving on roads I don't know and following SatNav directions. Always fun.

I meant to tell you not to worry so much about that ticket.  I see flashes all the time in the rear view mirror and certainly don't get a ticket for each flash.  %90 chance it's nothing

Sponsored Links