Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wedding Registry Ideas  (Read 3551 times)

• Liked: 26
Wedding Registry Ideas
« on: September 15, 2018, 05:08:36 AM »
One of the ways my boyfriend and I are coping with the distance/wait time is to set up an Amazon wishlist that will eventually turn into our registry. Since I’ll becoming from the States and he’ll be moving from his room on the RAF base, we’re both basically coming into this marriage with nothing! I’d love to hear ideas about what people have found useful from their own registries, or just things we should think about in our first house!
Married : 2/1/2019
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 6/3/2019
Biometrics appointment : 7/3/2019
Documents sent to NY : 7/3/2019
Docs received in Sheffield email : 11/3/2019
Decision made email: 23/5/2019
Visa Decision: 5/6/2019 Yes!!!!!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Wedding Registry Ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 07:18:07 AM »
One of the ways my boyfriend and I are coping with the distance/wait time is to set up an Amazon wishlist that will eventually turn into our registry. Since I’ll becoming from the States and he’ll be moving from his room on the RAF base, we’re both basically coming into this marriage with nothing! I’d love to hear ideas about what people have found useful from their own registries, or just things we should think about in our first house!

Make sure that your US people know to buy from the UK site, to avoid postage fees for them and import duties for you.  :)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 08:01:42 AM »
Make sure that your US people know to buy from the UK site, to avoid postage fees for them and import duties for you.  :)

You can actually create a wedding registry on UK Amazon. My husband and I did this when we got married in 2014. You can also do baby registry a  and atuff. You can also include items NOT on Amazon. It's kind of awesome.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 03:35:09 PM »
Larrabee - will do! I'm trying to think of a not wordy or bossy sounding way to emphasize that on our reception invitations 😆

Lyonaria - Oo, I knew about Amazon UK, but I didn't know you could add non Amazon things! How does that work? Can I add things from any online site, or are there only certain stores that it works with?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 03:39:02 PM »
Larrabee - will do! I'm trying to think of a not wordy or bossy sounding way to emphasize that on our reception invitations 😆

How about saying.. "just a little tip...." then referring them to the UK site?

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 03:42:19 PM »
That's a good idea! I have a lot of relatives who are not very internet savvy, so I'm afraid they either won't understand the difference between the US and UK site or that they'll be traditional and bring a present along. Which would still be so nice of them to do! But with shipping cost and luggage space it would not be the most convenient.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »

Lyonaria - Oo, I knew about Amazon UK, but I didn't know you could add non Amazon things! How does that work? Can I add things from any online site, or are there only certain stores that it works with?

I'd include a card letting them know to order from UK websites as a large fee is added based on the worth of the gift before you can pick it up.

Yep, I didn't add anything but it said you can add anything from anywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/wedding/home

https://www.amazon.com/wedding/mp/benefits?ref_=hit_wr_mp_rbft

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links