Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How long for self-assessment to be processed?  (Read 1470 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: How long for self-assessment to be processed?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 04:58:44 PM »
I land on a page that says Account Home.

It has Income on the left and National Insurance on the right.

Under income, I click on Self Assessment and it gets me there eventually but I don't go via a business account.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »
Hmmm. I go to https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services  and click the green sign in button.
That takes me to a sign in page that also generates a user code to a phone that I have to put in.

Then I get landed at the page in the image below.  I wonder if I did something wrong at some point?  I can click through to my personal account ok.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »
OK, I phoned them last week (on the 20th) and they said I'd have some sort of response by the 27th. I've got nada.  I just sent a message via their website asking when I could expect to know. So far nothing has changed on the website.

I do have another question you might know about - when I log onto HMRC self-assessment, it lands me to a business tax account. I do not now nor have I ever had a business.  There's a link on that page to my personal account which is where I go to find my personal tax stuff (that isn't showing up there, other than it was received by them 27 April).

Does everyone have a business acount page as their landing page? Or is something with my account honked up?

This is what I see after logging in. (The lines above the menu have my name )
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 06:06:42 PM »
Huh.

Was just on webchat with a tech guy at HMRC. Was asking him why I had a business account and he was like "it doesn't matter, you can still do your personal tax there".

Ummmmm, not feeling really convinced all is well. But I'm letting it slide for right now.

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 06:16:24 PM »
 Nan,

I have had a U.K. government account for several years now and the site has morphed and changed somewhat. When I just logged in and took that screen shot I honestly don’t know if that was what I saw last time as I haven’t logged in for quite a while.

As long as you can navigate to where you can do an individual self assessment then I think all is well.

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 12:25:00 PM »
So I did a web chat a couple of weeks ago and the lady on the other end said the taxes had been long done. She sent me a printout copy of the calculation sheet that I received last week.  Amusingly, today I received what appears to be "the official" tax return in the brown envelope from HMRC, with the letter and original of the calculation sheet. So, April 27 to the date it was issued of 25 September = 4 months, 30 days. Plus 17 days for it to reach me by mail. Roughly five-and-a-half months. Goodness!  But at least it's here and next year I hope to be able to do everything online. ;D

This beats my changing my name on my renter's insurance with RBS. Sent that in back in late June, just got the confirmation of the change of name last week,  and when I called they said they had only received the deed poll a few weeks ago.  Sending stuff through the mail here is kinda scary!  ::) ;)

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 12:28:44 PM »
Congratulations Nan, thanks for letting us know  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
Sending stuff through the mail here is kinda scary!  ::) ;)

It really is. It never used to be this bad.

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 05:52:30 PM »
Yeah, apparently my retirement association has been sending stuff to me that is not arriving. Of course, it's entirely possible they're not putting trans-Atlantic postage on it.  ::)  And there have been a couple of letters gone AWOL. And the infamous sending the tax-refund-to-the-USA-bank debacle.  At this point I really hate to send anything through the mail that can be transmitted another way.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab