Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NHS insurance card  (Read 9688 times)

• Liked: 1891
Re: NHS insurance card
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »

You asked for it

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2018, 03:26:27 PM »
By the way, about notifying the DVLA, I just sent the paperwork off the other day.  I  had to notify them because of sleep Apnea and there was no shortage of people telling me I had to do it. I also had to notify my insurance and they didn't care at all.

Get well soon DurhamLad!

• Liked: 716
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2018, 04:00:56 PM »
By the way, about notifying the DVLA, I just sent the paperwork off the other day.  I  had to notify them because of sleep Apnea and there was no shortage of people telling me I had to do it. I also had to notify my insurance and they didn't care at all.

Get well soon DurhamLad!

Thank you 😊

5 days on and the wound is healing very nicely, but more importantly no sign of the AFib which is great news because I was told to expect some instances in the days following the surgery while the heart settled down.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »

You asked for it

Where did this photo come from?  That seriously looks like someone I know.  I'm gonna check her Facebook to see if it's in her photos...
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2018, 06:45:43 PM »
Where did this photo come from?  That seriously looks like someone I know.  I'm gonna check her Facebook to see if it's in her photos...

KFDANCER has posted her picture up here before.

Do a Google image search for "person with their arm up a cows butt"

• Liked: 768
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2018, 06:56:59 PM »
Under 2 hours sounds great on paper and in stories.  But it was nearly 2 hours of contractions on top of one another and no break.  NONE.

And for the first hour and 20ish minutes they REFUSED to check me as there was "no way I was far along."  Once I finally demanded someone stick their arm up there, they moved FAST.  It's a miracle I didn't have the kid in the hall.
I was told I would be a long time by my midwife when she checked me upon arrival. But in an hour, I progressed quickly. I asked to use the toilet and the nurse waited outside. My body did this weird thing and I let out this noise I didn't know was possible. Lol. The nurse flung open the door and said, "Are you pushing?"

Oh gee... I didn't know. I didn't know your body did it automatically. I thought I had to push. That's what they show in the movies.

She got me in the bed and she ran and got the doctor. He came in special for me because my midwife had another patient in labour and Lani's heart rate kept dropping.

He barely made it in the room. My mom and sister almost missed it as they were down the hall getting a coffee. My drunk friend had to hold my leg upwards. Lol

And out she popped. 5lbs, 3oz. Full term. Little peanut. She spent 10 days in the NICU. She still has a scar on her door from where they placed the IV line.

My mom said it looked like I was at the dentist, relaxed, chill, getting my teeth cleaned. No drugs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2018, 01:24:08 PM »
I was told I would be a long time by my midwife when she checked me upon arrival. But in an hour, I progressed quickly. I asked to use the toilet and the nurse waited outside. My body did this weird thing and I let out this noise I didn't know was possible. Lol. The nurse flung open the door and said, "Are you pushing?"

Oh gee... I didn't know. I didn't know your body did it automatically. I thought I had to push. That's what they show in the movies.

She got me in the bed and she ran and got the doctor. He came in special for me because my midwife had another patient in labour and Lani's heart rate kept dropping.

He barely made it in the room. My mom and sister almost missed it as they were down the hall getting a coffee. My drunk friend had to hold my leg upwards. Lol

And out she popped. 5lbs, 3oz. Full term. Little peanut. She spent 10 days in the NICU. She still has a scar on her door from where they placed the IV line.

My mom said it looked like I was at the dentist, relaxed, chill, getting my teeth cleaned. No drugs.

Yup, only being told to push happens in the TV and movies.  Your body just does it!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2018, 01:55:44 PM »
Yup, only being told to push happens in the TV and movies.  Your body just does it!
It's one of those things they should have covered in my birth class. I had no clue.

Of course, with Mark, guess what happened. My body stopped pushing and I actually had to push him out. Thanks body. My face and eyes were covered in broken blood vessels.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2018, 02:23:05 PM »
It's one of those things they should have covered in my birth class. I had no clue.

Of course, with Mark, guess what happened. My body stopped pushing and I actually had to push him out. Thanks body. My face and eyes were covered in broken blood vessels.

A good look, I'm sure.  ;D

Sponsored Links