Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What to expect-lady business [emoji51]  (Read 8120 times)

• Liked: 170
Re: What to expect-lady business [emoji51]
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 08:10:57 PM »
High FSH means you're (well, not YOU but your ovaries aren't responding to your pituitary) having trouble getting your ovaries to ovulate (but um.... we knew that already!!!). Could be a temporary thing because of coming off birth control. It's not unheard of.

Ovulation induction is not a bit deal in the world of ART. Clomid, gonal f. There are options!!! I am glad the gp was willing to have a think about what's going on through. They might give you some norethisterone to start a bleed and see if that kick-starts anything. It's just a short course of progesterone!

ps - please don't use the phrase 'inability to conceive' after three months... When you're in the years you use it freely! It is very very very average for conception to take a year or more - even without messed up cycles!! I tended to use the word failure a lot...
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 239
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 08:17:36 PM »

ps - please don't use the phrase 'inability to conceive' after three months... When you're in the years you use it freely! It is very very very average for conception to take a year or more - even without messed up cycles!! I tended to use the word failure a lot...

Sorry
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
Sorry

Not an issue - it's just still a bit of a sore subject for me (and anyone who's experienced infertility).

I have every hope you will get some answers. And also please remember that the actual numerical FSH taken outside cd 2-5 means not a whole lot!!! I honestly think this is the pill messing with you. Well, your body is still (unfortunately) withdrawing from the pill and not figuring out how to cycle all on its own. But hopefully that can be sorted with a bit of time and maybe some mild intervention.

Anovulation is actually one of the easier fertility problems to solve, if it comes to that!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2018, 07:07:35 AM »
Not an issue - it's just still a bit of a sore subject for me (and anyone who's experienced infertility).

I have every hope you will get some answers. And also please remember that the actual numerical FSH taken outside cd 2-5 means not a whole lot!!! I honestly think this is the pill messing with you. Well, your body is still (unfortunately) withdrawing from the pill and not figuring out how to cycle all on its own. But hopefully that can be sorted with a bit of time and maybe some mild intervention.

Anovulation is actually one of the easier fertility problems to solve, if it comes to that!!!

I realise it’s a sensitive subject and would never want to offend someone who is having infertility and by no means am trying to classify myself in the same category.

I’m 42. I don’t a great history with my ovaries so it is very upsetting to me to see a FSH OF 66.1. I’m hopeful that because it was a random cycle day that it will be lower when we recheck it next week. I was on Nuvaring and anytime previously when I stopped using it, my cycle always returned the next month. I was on it the least amount of time these last 2 years.

Again am sorry for your struggles and I wish you luck in whatever path you are pursuing. I was just sharing an update on my situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
Tiny update

I had gone back for another round of bloods on the 23rd. Again, fsh was high but lower than the original reading. Again taken with a grain of salt because it's a random cycle day. So now it's 54.

GP said other hormone levels all normal. Printout confirms this. Doing referral letter today for the fertility clinic. I'm just trying to be realistic at this point. 😕

It's an average of a nine week wait for fertility clinic and that's with it marked urgent which she is doing due to my age.

She said all signs point to perimenopause. I can still get pregnant during this time but it's very difficult. I still haven't seen where I've ovulated so...

So, waiting on an appointment. I don't really know what to say or do.

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 957
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
Are you in less pain now? The waiting is the worst part of anything medical :( waiting for tests, waiting for results, waiting for treatment options, and so on. A good book and staying distracted til the appointment helps!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 01:38:23 PM »
Tiny update

I had gone back for another round of bloods on the 23rd. Again, fsh was high but lower than the original reading. Again taken with a grain of salt because it's a random cycle day. So now it's 54.

GP said other hormone levels all normal. Printout confirms this. Doing referral letter today for the fertility clinic. I'm just trying to be realistic at this point. 😕

It's an average of a nine week wait for fertility clinic and that's with it marked urgent which she is doing due to my age.

She said all signs point to perimenopause. I can still get pregnant during this time but it's very difficult. I still haven't seen where I've ovulated so...

So, waiting on an appointment. I don't really know what to say or do.

Oh that isn't good news - I'm very sorry to hear!!!

Not sure if this is the right time, but because of your visa status, you won't qualify for IVF on the NHS.

It is absolutely rubbish. Please be kind to yourself. I found counselling to deal with the grief of infertility helpful. You can access counsellors through the fertility clinic...

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2018, 01:40:06 PM »
Are you in less pain now? The waiting is the worst part of anything medical :( waiting for tests, waiting for results, waiting for treatment options, and so on. A good book and staying distracted til the appointment helps!

Less physical pain but I'm number now. Not upset but not ok with it either. It took me so long to find my husband. I just hate this for him too.

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »
Oh that isn't good news - I'm very sorry to hear!!!

Not sure if this is the right time, but because of your visa status, you won't qualify for IVF on the NHS.

It is absolutely rubbish. Please be kind to yourself. I found counselling to deal with the grief of infertility helpful. You can access counsellors through the fertility clinic...

Thank you. I had looked at Ivf and because they changed the guidelines I wouldn't have qualified because they didn't up the age enough. Even without the visa it wouldn't have been an option. 😔 We surely can't afford doing it privately either.

I am trying really hard. She said don't give up yet but I know what it all means. Im trying not to hate my body for doing this to me now.

I'm sure we will be seeing counselors. Thank you for letting me know about them. I will ask once we get in. 

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 957
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2018, 01:59:10 PM »
Less physical pain but I'm number now. Not upset but not ok with it either. It took me so long to find my husband. I just hate this for him too.
I can relate to this :(  It's not easy. My husband knew before we were married I likely wouldn't be able to have bio kids and accepted that without question. But the fact that I'm having such a hard time with everything means adopting/fostering is out for the foreseeable future. I don't have answers, but I hope you're able to come to peace with whatever happens. I do have a number of friends who were able to conceive with some hormonal support later in life so try to be kind to yourself while going through the waiting and testing.

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2018, 02:11:41 PM »
I can relate to this :(  It's not easy. My husband knew before we were married I likely wouldn't be able to have bio kids and accepted that without question. But the fact that I'm having such a hard time with everything means adopting/fostering is out for the foreseeable future. I don't have answers, but I hope you're able to come to peace with whatever happens. I do have a number of friends who were able to conceive with some hormonal support later in life so try to be kind to yourself while going through the waiting and testing.

My husband and I spoke about it earlier in the week. He said although he would be sad, he is ok if we can't have any children. He is the most supportive human alive. I don't know about adopting. I know there are so many out there who need homes but I don't know if I could do it. It'll be a discussion we have for later.

I'm going to remain hopeful until there is no hope left even through the tears. <3

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 11
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »
I'm so sorry,. You are in a tough spot. I'm sending you lots of peace and healing. Life can be so unfair.

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2018, 02:18:25 PM »
I'm so sorry,. You are in a tough spot. I'm sending you lots of peace and healing. Life can be so unfair.

❤️
Thanks Meghan

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
I'm glad you have a supportive GP and are on the right path.

IVF is MUCH cheaper here than in the USA.  So hopefully paying privately isn't out of reach if that's a path that is an option.

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »
I'm glad you have a supportive GP and are on the right path.

IVF is MUCH cheaper here than in the USA.  So hopefully paying privately isn't out of reach if that's a path that is an option.

Her specialty is conception. She was writing it as I walked out the door. Waiting will be the worst. Still waiting on that scan about a possible cyst and it's been almost a month (can't remember).

I have some money from my father's life insurance policy. Anything we can afford to do medically, we'll do. I'll take whatever. I've been taking Vitex for 2 weeks and I've been on Pregnacare for 3 months now. She said do what I've been doing in case I do ovulate.

FLR(M) Standard

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab