Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What to expect-lady business [emoji51]  (Read 8121 times)

• Liked: 170
Re: What to expect-lady business [emoji51]
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2018, 04:13:27 PM »
Her specialty is conception. She was writing it as I walked out the door. Waiting will be the worst. Still waiting on that scan about a possible cyst and it's been almost a month (can't remember).

I have some money from my father's life insurance policy. Anything we can afford to do medically, we'll do. I'll take whatever. I've been taking Vitex for 2 weeks and I've been on Pregnacare for 3 months now. She said do what I've been doing in case I do ovulate.

I HIGHLY recommend the books 'it starts with the egg' and 'taking charge of your fertility.' They are sort of the bibles for infertility.

We were budgeting about 7k for our second round of ivf. It can be much cheaper in Europe. Greece, Czech Republic and Spain are hotstpots and rounds of IVF can be as little as 3-4k. I'm not sure it's worth your time waiting for referral to the NHS fertility clinic. They LOVE to take their sweet time and waste months and months with tests... or just 'keep trying for the next three months. Ring if you're pregnant...' I'm also not sure what they will be able to do for you except possibly confirm perimenopause (if that IS where you are at).

I hadn't the heart to mention age and IVF with the NHS... unfortunately in the fertility world, age is not just a number...

I am so sorry for what you're going through!!!
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 239
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2018, 05:15:21 PM »
I HIGHLY recommend the books 'it starts with the egg' and 'taking charge of your fertility.' They are sort of the bibles for infertility.

We were budgeting about 7k for our second round of ivf. It can be much cheaper in Europe. Greece, Czech Republic and Spain are hotstpots and rounds of IVF can be as little as 3-4k. I'm not sure it's worth your time waiting for referral to the NHS fertility clinic. They LOVE to take their sweet time and waste months and months with tests... or just 'keep trying for the next three months. Ring if you're pregnant...' I'm also not sure what they will be able to do for you except possibly confirm perimenopause (if that IS where you are at).

I hadn't the heart to mention age and IVF with the NHS... unfortunately in the fertility world, age is not just a number...

I am so sorry for what you're going through!!!

Any recommendations on what to do instead of waiting on them? I'll look for the books.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2018, 08:43:21 PM »
Any recommendations on what to do instead of waiting on them? I'll look for the books.

The hfea website has stats on clinics and I would get a hustle on ringing round the ones you like the look of. They all have (free) information evenings that could be a good source of info for you. I am sure I am not allowed to mention another forum which is a HUGE source of information?? But I'll mention it anyway - the mumsnet infertility forum. Loads of women going through all sorts of infertility and exploring all sorts of options. Also lots of info on fertility friends.

The other thing I would do is have your DH go to the gp to get his sperm analysed - so you know more fully what you're dealing with and wouldn't need to pay to get that done.

I felt a bit better about things once I could get proactive about things and had an ounce of control over my body and the situation... Anything that makes things a bit more manageable for you should be embraced! Granted, I had years to get used to the whole process and I am sure that what you experience will be different from what my journey was like (sh*t gps, miscarriages etc...), but every 'journey' is different.

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2018, 08:47:19 PM »
The hfea website has stats on clinics and I would get a hustle on ringing round the ones you like the look of. They all have (free) information evenings that could be a good source of info for you. I am sure I am not allowed to mention another forum which is a HUGE source of information?? But I'll mention it anyway - the mumsnet infertility forum. Loads of women going through all sorts of infertility and exploring all sorts of options. Also lots of info on fertility friends.

The other thing I would do is have your DH go to the gp to get his sperm analysed - so you know more fully what you're dealing with and wouldn't need to pay to get that done.

I felt a bit better about things once I could get proactive about things and had an ounce of control over my body and the situation... Anything that makes things a bit more manageable for you should be embraced! Granted, I had years to get used to the whole process and I am sure that what you experience will be different from what my journey was like (sh*t gps, miscarriages etc...), but every 'journey' is different.

I've looked around on their forum before just googling questions. Probably will sign up. Just ordered both the books. Thanks so much for all the info!

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2018, 04:59:44 AM »
My hairstylist who has become my friend sent me this last night. I messaged her asking her about my hair colour so I could get it done here. Just thought I would share her thoughts. It's what I needed to hear. I hope it doesn't bother anyone ❤️

Well, I hate to hear that. But I will tell you this... I was told several times I couldn’t get pregnant. I was told it would be hard if I ever did. I was told I had an ovary that didn’t work. And I have a beautiful, healthy 2 month old now. So I’m going to pray for you guys. The devil is a liar. And we’re going to claim right now that the doctors are wrong. Stand strong in faith and know that God hears your prayers. He will give you the desires of your heart. But it’s all in His timing. And His timing is perfect.

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 154
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2018, 06:02:29 AM »
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. We’re trying and nothing is happening and I’m starting to think it’s me ( oh has a child from previous relationship).

It’s depressing.

I am sending so many positive thoughts your way.  Life can be so cruel but I’m glad your husband and gp  is there to support you.   

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2018, 06:08:57 AM »
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. We’re trying and nothing is happening and I’m starting to think it’s me ( oh has a child from previous relationship).

It’s depressing.

I am sending so many positive thoughts your way.  Life can be so cruel but I’m glad your husband and gp  is there to support you.

Baby dust! It never hurts to go get it checked out.

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »
Baby dust! It never hurts to go get it checked out.

I had one more thought for you: you might ask to get your AMH tested by your GP. It is NOT covered by the NHS but it gives a snapshot of your ovarian reserve High numbers are better. Lower than 1 means you may not respond well or at all to IVF drugs. It can be done any cycle day, and might be a good piece of info for you while you don't have a cycle to get your FSH tested with meaningful results. Many IVF clinics will want this info as well, so it's probably worth getting done.

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »
I had one more thought for you: you might ask to get your AMH tested by your GP. It is NOT covered by the NHS but it gives a snapshot of your ovarian reserve High numbers are better. Lower than 1 means you may not respond well or at all to IVF drugs. It can be done any cycle day, and might be a good piece of info for you while you don't have a cycle to get your FSH tested with meaningful results. Many IVF clinics will want this info as well, so it's probably worth getting done.

Thank you! I just read about that today.  I'm going to be giving them a call next week. I got one of my books so I'll be starting it tonight. Signed up on Mumsnet too.

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2018, 08:03:22 PM »
Tiny bit of progress...

Only took 150 days but I started a period today. Most of my apps won’t even attempt to estimate when I ovulated except one which was the obvious two weeks ago.

So maybe me taking these supplements finally did kick start something although not what I was hoping for.

Only to the next cycle!

And no US appt yet and still nothing from fertility clinic.

FLR(M) Standard

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab