Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Just me complaining  (Read 6220 times)

• Liked: 672
Re: Just me complaining
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 07:42:32 PM »
TT, just had a google.  Looks like all the pharmacies will do birth control pills through their online portals.  This will have a small fee and not be "free" though.  But it is an option.

Here's Superdrugs.  https://onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/contraceptive-pill.html

When the Daughter needed BCP a few years ago she went to a private doctor (courtesy of her home uni's health plan) and had to pay the going price for the pills at the pharmacy. It was something like 8 pounds total for three months' supply. Nothing like the $50 a month in the States.

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 07:44:06 PM »
On the NI number: I had to go in for an interview. I think it was because I had two passports - in two names and two nationalities. The Daughter only had to send a photocopy of her passport with the appropriate form when she registered for her NI number. No in-person interview.  In both cases, it arrived in the mail not very long after all the paperwork was in their hands.

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »
Oh dear god, there's my keyboard with coffee all over it again. ::)

• Liked: 537
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 08:27:49 PM »
May have jumped the gun. Decided to go in for a walk-in and they ended up giving me a consultation then and there. I attribute my bad attitude to being hangry.

I have an appointment to be fitted for the implant on 18 Oct!! Not too long of a wait :D I opted to just wait instead of jumping to a pill and then to the implant. I don't want to introduce so much to my body in a short time.

As for the NIN -sigh-

I'm dreading calling more and dreading even more to actually do the process for it, but I'll have to eventually. I haven't actively started job searching yet, but I have discovered a few good volunteer places, so that's a start.

The arm one? Let me know what it's like. I need to get mine habdled soon and I'm not sure I want an IUS again.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2018, 08:29:02 PM »
May have jumped the gun. Decided to go in for a walk-in and they ended up giving me a consultation then and there. I attribute my bad attitude to being hangry.

I have an appointment to be fitted for the implant on 18 Oct!! Not too long of a wait :D I opted to just wait instead of jumping to a pill and then to the implant. I don't want to introduce so much to my body in a short time.

As for the NIN -sigh-

I'm dreading calling more and dreading even more to actually do the process for it, but I'll have to eventually. I haven't actively started job searching yet, but I have discovered a few good volunteer places, so that's a start.

The NINo process is really easy. The people I spoke with on the phone when I did it were really nice and I don't think I was on hold long at all waiting for someone. I may have called first thing... But it definitely wasn't long since my mobile service was so crap on my old house and long calls would get cut off. 

The appointment is only a pain because only certain Job Centre+ locations are allowed to do our appointments. I had to go down to Nottingham for mine, 45 minutes away.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:32:28 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 08:46:31 PM »
Just as someone who is a bit longer in the tooth and ummm sexually experienced, I can say I only ever got pregnant when I wanted to.  Condoms do what they are designed to do.  Swimmers be damned!   ;D

<insert a comment from Jimbo directed at Tami here>

<insert cat meme response from Tami to Jimbo here>

Ooo, found a good photo myself.   ;D
Taking the fun right out of my day!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 08:53:09 PM »
Who takes a picture of a cat with a condom wrapper on a bed with the sheets messed up?  Do they even allow cats on submarines?

KFDANCER, I'm going to disagree with you. If I were finally allowed full marital relations with a woman I liked enough to marry, we are gonna need multiple layers of protection when the light turns green.  I'd suggest the neighbours should suit up as well.
Of course they do. What a ridiculous question. Some cats are even submarines.

• Liked: 114
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 09:10:10 PM »
The arm one? Let me know what it's like. I need to get mine habdled soon and I'm not sure I want an IUS again.
10/10 would recommend

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »
Of course they do. What a ridiculous question. Some cats are even submarines.

You made me proud.

I’m a bit disappointed that Jimbo kept it clean.   ::)

• Liked: 250
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 10:07:59 PM »

Yep, the arm one!! I'm getting it fitted on the 18th. I'll let you know. I was really worried about 3 things: 1. Gaining weight. I just lost 30 pounds and I will NOT gain it all back because of some birth control >:( 2. I didn't want anything inserted into my lady parts, no thank you. 3. Since I lost weight my PMS symptoms are more noticeable. I started getting menstrual migraines and I noticed bloating a LOT more. Apparently the implant can stop or lessen those effects. It might not, they couldn't say for sure, but hopefully.

Fingers crossed.
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

• Liked: 111
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 03:04:03 AM »
Yep, the arm one!! I'm getting it fitted on the 18th. I'll let you know. I was really worried about 3 things: 1. Gaining weight. I just lost 30 pounds and I will NOT gain it all back because of some birth control >:(

I understand but if something...anything isn’t done about birth control, you’ll indeed gain about 30lbs anyways and a lifetime commitment, if you know what I mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »
The appointment is only a pain because only certain Job Centre+ locations are allowed to do our appointments. I had to go down to Nottingham for mine, 45 minutes away.

I lived outside of Salisbury when I was applying for my NINo, and had to choose between Swindon and Southampton.  Swindon was closer, but less convenient on public transport so I would've needed assistance.  So I opted for Southampton.  Then issues, so I ended up going to Swindon, anyway (and almost didn't get to apply then, either, but I can't remember why the second delay almost happened, but I do remember crying with frustration when they started to turn me away).  Anyway.  My pursuit of a NINo was an ordeal.  TT, yours will never be as bad as all that!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
Make sure you know your husband's NINo, that was a requirement and I was lucky he was with me or I would have had  to go back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 69
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »
@TeamTollie I'm so glad you posted something about this! (well it sucks that you had a bad experience) I was wondering what the process is to get Birth control there. Did you just go to a local clinic then? Do they have similar or the exact same brands as they do in the states? I'm debating if I should just stock up for a few months of pills. If I ever get over there  ::)
Met: In Alnwick, England (Study abroad) Sept 10, 2009
Reconnected: March 25, 2015 on Facebook
Started Dating: April 21, 2016
Engaged: December 24, 2017
Married: July 15, 2018 in USA
Online app submitted: August 9, 2018
Biometrics & Docs sent (priority): August 10, 2018
Package arrived in Sheffield: August 13, 2018
Email from Sheffield: August 15, 2018
Emailed to escalate: September 28, 2018
Decision made email: October 2, 2018 (34BD)
APPROVED!!! October 4, 2018

• Liked: 533
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 04:36:15 PM »
You know Jimbo is not the only one fascinated by male genitalia.

The male member in Rome was seen as a symbol of power, a ward against illness, and protection against the evil eye. Wearing a particularly nice pork sword worked in brass or precious metals was a sign of wealth and social power. Tallywackers would also point towards brothels and acted as a symbol of fertility. Of course, pre-Roman Greeks (and post-Roman naturally) were rocking the phallus imagery too. Somewhat uniquely, the Greeks preferred a rather prettily proportioned penis compared to the bulging pocket rockets of their Roman neighbors. The Greeks thought a more modest member embodied less lustiness. In other words, a big love pole was beastly. Maybe even before the Greeks though, the Egyptians were all about the D as it was a symbol of the cult of Osiris; after said deity was dismembered, his member was the only part of him his wife Isis never found. Don't worry though, she made him a wooden one so he could still make her sing with the old beef whistle. Concurrently, India was developing its own forms of wang worship, particularly associated with the lingam, a symbol of Shiva, a principal Hindu deity who both transforms and destroys. Naturally, southerly civilizations do not have a monopoly on worshipping the wily willy. In the Balkans, what is thought to be an offshoot of the cult of Dionysis celebrates the Kuker, a godlike figurehead draped in Slavic proportions of furs with an absolutely titanic tool. And let's not forget the Japanese. Despite what you might think with all those giffy censor blocks, there's an ancient and artistic thread of worshipping the male form behind those phallic pixels. For example, the shrine of the bodhisattva Kannon, the goddess of Mercy, in Nagato, is a destination for pilgrims praying to the pants bishop for fertility and vitality. Rubbing the many mythically mammoth members is said to bring good fortune. Kannon isn't the only cult of the sexy gravy injector in Japan; several high-flying harvest festivals celebrate the skin flute to this day. Even further into the great white north where a nice warm wang is appreciated, in medieval Switzerland heraldic bears had to be painted with redolently red rods, lest they be mistaken for she-bears. In 1579, St. Gallen's depiction of the heraldic bear of its neighbor, Appenzell, with an unfortunate lack of love stick nearly led to war. And where would one find the largest collection of museum quality trouser snakes in the world? Reykjavík, Iceland, where else? The Icelandic Phallological Museum contains over 200 perfectly preserved penises of various stripes, spots, and dots, and more than a few fake phalluses besides. And should you desire a keepsake custard launcher inspired by your visit - well, the museum is not much help, but Bad Dragon can always cater to the more curious cockly cravings.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links